Life-size Busts??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anubis

Super Freak
Reaction score
Is there a possibility of there ever being any LOTR 1:1 busts? I mean sideshow make quite a few for different licences, but LOTR is one if it's main licences so nobody's ever thought about this?!?

Are sideshow not able to because of rights? They can make PFs, 12 inch and legendary scale, but no full scale?

Just wondering...

Oh my, could you imagine a 1:1 Sauron :google
:ogat

It sounds cool, but the Legendary Scale bust is big enough for me. Have you ever seen the 1:1 scale helmet of Sauron in real life? It's freaking huge hehe. I'd rather have a 1:1 scale Balrog, Treebeard or Cave Troll bust myself... :monkey3

It sounds cool, but the Legendary Scale bust is big enough for me. Have you ever seen the 1:1 scale helmet of Sauron in real life? It's freaking huge hehe. I'd rather have a 1:1 scale Balrog, Treebeard or Cave Troll bust myself... :monkey3
Yeah i used to own it, but it was waaay too big for my little flat. Incredible item though :rock
Personally I'm tired of Balrog's, Treebeard would be awesome but again size wise I doubt possible.
I would love Bilbo,Sam,Frodo or a HIGH ELVEN INFANTRYMAN, you hear me SS, I needss one of those in any format. I been asking long enough.:tap
I will never give up :lecture :lol

Instead of 1:1 Busts have 1:1 Statues by Sideshow
Including Sauron, A Numenorean, High Elven Warrior
And then build the collection up from there

I think SS has their hands full with what's already on their LOTR plate

I think SS has their hands full with what's already on their LOTR plate

Maybe not full, but they certainly aren't looking to expand the line too much I would assume ---- that would be Star Wars or Marvel.

I'd very like like to see some Lord OF The Rings life size busts produced.

1:1 is a tricky medium. Especially for human figures you run a real risk of feely "creepy" or "shrine like" imo. I think Sideshow's played it smart with their SW 1:1 by sticking with aliens (Maul is humanoid, and the ray park likeness is exceptional, but you notice the tatoos and horns befor the face itself). The other issue is that to devote such a spotlight to one item, it needs to be a fairly prominent character. Yoda is a prime example of a character that can sucessfully survive the leap to lifesize IMO. I don't know who would be that way in LOTR. Maybe Gollum, but there is already an excellent near lifesize bust from the Sideshow*Weta collaboration. Sauron is another which was mentioned, and I agree that the legendary scale is probably enough for most collectors there as well.

When you factor in the additional cost of 1:1's, and the additional space required to display them I just don't see this being a realistic, or popular licence. And pretty well the last thing LOTR needs is another licence competing for the time/resources SS allots to their existing LOTR lines.

It's been six month's since the last LSB announcement...do we really need another line of LOTR busts?

I honestly can't see them doing it, its fun to speculate but theres just not the 'hype' around and interest like their was during the SSW days and 1:1 is quite a niche market anyway because of their size etc.

If things changed and they did them for the Hobbit that would be fun to see.:rock

When you factor in the additional cost of 1:1's, and the additional space required to display them I just don't see this being a realistic, or popular licence. And pretty well the last thing LOTR needs is another licence competing for the time/resources SS allots to their existing LOTR lines.

It's been six month's since the last LSB announcement...do we really need another line of LOTR busts?

6 Months since the last LSB
When do you guys think we will get to see a new LSB and which character do you think it will be?

1:1 is a tricky medium. Especially for human figures you run a real risk of feely "creepy" or "shrine like" imo. I think Sideshow's played it smart with their SW 1:1 by sticking with aliens (Maul is humanoid, and the ray park likeness is exceptional, but you notice the tatoos and horns befor the face itself). The other issue is that to devote such a spotlight to one item, it needs to be a fairly prominent character. Yoda is a prime example of a character that can sucessfully survive the leap to lifesize IMO. I don't know who would be that way in LOTR. Maybe Gollum, but there is already an excellent near lifesize bust from the Sideshow*Weta collaboration. Sauron is another which was mentioned, and I agree that the legendary scale is probably enough for most collectors there as well.

Fully agree... I believed SS must've considered these factors before they decided to offer LOTR busts in LS :lecture

6 Months since the last LSB
When do you guys think we will get to see a new LSB and which character do you think it will be?

The last LSB announcement was Legolas on Feb.8th [ 6 month's ago as of yesterday]:horror Chances are Legolas will start shipping before we even hear of another LSB charcter.

There are some rumours the next couple of LSB's may be baddies :naughty

I would only be interested in Life Size Busts of the Creatures/Villains.

Though I wouldn't be interested in any at all, I think if they did do any, it wouldn't be of any of the Fellowship, with the exception of maybe Gandalf. IMO, it would be pretty boring to have a big Boromir head, especially for the cost.

Gimli's head might be interesting though. But I still wouldn't buy it.

Back