LICENSED '78 Michael Myers Mask Being Developed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaulFan

King of the Monsters
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I don't see any discussion of this anywhere, thought it was big enough news. There will of course be debate as to the quality versus the custom, unlicensed ones, but as a fan of the original Halloween, it's exciting just to know that the license holders actually are finally acknowledging the love for the original costume, could other merchandise follow, busts, accurrate figures, would be awesome.

https://www.halloweenmovies.com/latestnews/2010/09/all-new-officially-licensed-michael-myers-mask/

https://www.halloweenmovies.com/latestnews/2010/10/official-michael-myers™-mask-update/

If it looks halfway decent, I'd get one (assuming it fits my melon-like head) but I'm a bit skeptical that these will be better than the fan made ones. I own a Devious and seriously doubt that any mass-produced mask will be weathered as nicely.

DeviousMyersweb008.jpg

I like the idea more than the actual mask being made. This is the first time the license holders have ever really shown care for the fans. Maybe in the wake of Zombie's movies, they feel they need to get the fandom back, I don't really care why they're suddenly catering to us, but hopefully this is a success and will inspire them to get more merchandise out there.

Totally agree. Maybe this will open the door for a good, official 12" figure from H1 to replace that Sideshow tragedy.

I think there could be good money in items like masks, statues, figures, etc. if they allowed truly authentic representations of the origninal '78 mask, so hopefully, if this works out, they see the dollar signs, get greedy and we reap the benefits.

^ Looking way too into that. Sorry...but not happening. Plus, way better mask options out there than the 'licensed' crap that will be put out.

^ Looking way too into that. Sorry...but not happening. Plus, way better mask options out there than the 'licensed' crap that will be put out.

Oh that is right, I forgot, there is only one person on this planet that can make quality Halloween stuff.

This is fantastic news. Yeah, there are a lot of alternative sources for masks out there, but they are expensive and don't support the license holder. The more we support official licensees, the better our chances of seeing more official product. :rock

There have been much talk about this, the only problem with this company is they always tend to mess things up....i can guarantee thats going to happen

Looks good to me, and if it keeps from having to pay 300+ for a decent original mask, then i am super happy!

The proto pics really show off how great it is, as long as the sculpt is there in the production, i can customize it to make it look weathered.

Thanks for the heads up OP!

M.

This is fantastic news. Yeah, there are a lot of alternative sources for masks out there, but they are expensive and don't support the license holder. The more we support official licensees, the better our chances of seeing more official product. :rock

Agreed.:goodpost:
I do want to get a custom mask later on though.

No official Myers mask will beat a NAG/JC combo.

Although, I commend them for actually trying. The NECA Freddy glove is a great example of a quality replica that would deter people from buying a custom one. Maybe now they'll try to put out a decent 12" figure.

Last edited:
NAG/JC rules. That mask the thread starter posted will wind uo being garbage. Just ask any collector of masks that is really into them et.

As for the other collectibles angle the thread starter mention; all hearsay and a moot point at this moment. Who knows? Just assumptions and really, with as much stuff that has hit the market (McFarlane smaller scale and 18"er, NECA - they produced a lot of Myers - & even Sideshow did a 12", crappy at that), to think the market will get to see more Myers stuff based on one mask being produced is far fetched

Looks like a great sculpt, But as with all mass produced masks the paint job will be lacking. I can't wait to see the finished product though.

Back