Liberal parenting leads to brats?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I look at a "nice" car as a bit more than a new Prius, but that's just me.

I'm from a place were making 50,000 a year is big money.

What I meant was, I don't see junk cars with those stickers.

I wouldn't put any sticker on a Lexus or Porche anyway! :lol

I still say it's on both sides, but I think it's more just lazy parenting, ignoring the kids all together that is the main problem. If we didn't have curfew laws here, we'd have 10 year olds running the streets at 3am because mom (and dad if there is one) doesn't care what their kids do.

Lawyers took paddling out of schools, along with a lot of other things.

Oh I agree with much of that. Many parents do let the iPad and TV raise their kids.

I'm from a place were making 50,000 a year is big money.

What I meant was, I don't see junk cars with those stickers.

I wouldn't put any sticker on a Lexus or Porche anyway! :lol

Neither would I LOL....never had any stickers on my 928S4. Actually I hate bumper stickers all together. I never put them on any cars I've had.

This was just posted on my facebook page. Thought it fitting....

936033_696118127089511_1958931646_n.jpg

Sorry, going to have to agree with Kit Fisto on this one. There's something called the progressive movement that is behind a lot of todays problems. Just so happens that a lot (all?) progressives are Democrats.

Odd then that the same philosophy has been applied in Australia's education system with bipartisan support :dunno

But today, who is the anti discipline and anti consequences crowrd? Is it the bible belt or the leftists? No, not every Democrat, but the true leftists.

I live in the middle of the bible belt. VERY heavily conservative area.
And still see the snot-nosed, no respect, entitlement kids everywhere.
You can't really use what you see in your area and apply it everywhere else.
If I did the same I would claim its all the Bible Thumper's fault. but I know better than to generalize that way.... :monkey1...

There are plenty of conservative parents who don't know how to parent either. The reality is that child rearring is a very difficult task. Trying to balance everything from when to say NO and when to say Yes to your kids can have an impact.
Now, I notice that I do see many problems in the low income areas where I live & work when it comes to respectful kids. I am speaking from a MAJORITY standpoint here as there are always exceptions to the rule. I do know there are problems kids who come from affluent neighborhoods because they have been given everything or allowed to do whatever they want. I have met those types too. I am speaking from my perspective that in low income areas you see less respectful kids and even parents of those children having no respect. Typically those parents and kids have a liberal mind set whether it be because the parents don't know right from wrong and how do you teach your kids to behave? Typically these low income families that do vote for a party typically vote Lib/ Democrat. These kids come from a traditionally "broken" home with one parent or no parents at all, or parents who just don't give a ****. Its sad really.
My dad once said to me " It's not poverty, Its priorities." I mean how many people on the Gov't Cheese do you think has a cell phone plan and can barelly pay for rent (provided they aren't getting that free too?) Prob more than we care to admit. Why do many of them smoke themselves into an oblivion and still accepting gov't assistance? Poor choices and it usually manage to trickle down into family life and kids too. Plain and simple. I know I shouldn't have to declare this but people who smoke aren't bad.... nor are those who accept help if they need it and are responsible.

What I mean is it's not a question of political persuasion but parenting style. In other words a hard-nosed conservative can still be a 'liberal parent'.

Last edited:
I live in the middle of the bible belt. VERY heavily conservative area.
And still see the snot-nosed, no respect, entitlement kids everywhere.
You can't really use what you see in your area and apply it everywhere else.
If I did the same I would claim its all the Bible Thumper's fault. but I know better than to generalize that way.... :monkey1...

Sigh.........I know you see bad kids everywhere. I'm asking about the adults. Which crowd of adults is FAR more "don't touch that poor child"??

Sigh.........I know you see bad kids everywhere. I'm asking about the adults. Which crowd of adults is FAR more "don't touch that poor child"??

sigh ........ bigger sigh ........... and finally a slightly bigger sigh (but not much bigger, just a tad cause Im getting light headed) ........
You don't see what I see and I don't see what you see.
What I will say is, my daughter does go to a Baptist Christian academy school. Some days when Im dropping her off its like navigating Walmart. And Im talking about the parents, not the children. The kids there I'd guess have double the IQ as most of the parents. I commend the teaching staff there. I consistently have the urge to mow many of the parents down in the parking lot on my way out.
Although I will not deny I feel much better having her there than in our local public school system.

One of my major problems with the govt, on a state level, is defunding our public school systems. I will 1000% agree parenting across the board (liberals & conservatives) has really tanked. The only hope for these children is within our public school systems. Yet each party, some more than others, continue to defund our public schools and basically take away any and every chance of these kids having someone to teach them how to be a responsible adult.

Just look at us. How much money and time to we blow on freakin toys? What would our "old school" grandparents think of it? :lol

I simply disagree with you. I believe both sides makes mistakes parenting too, but there is a fundamental difference in "style" of parenting between liberals and conservatives. In every single? No, of course not, but in enough cases to say they are different? Yes

Just like in politics, there are just fundamental differences.

No teacher I know wants anything to do with the public school system. The public system pays teacher far more too. But boy it dangerous.

I simply disagree with you.
nothing wrong with that. :duff

Just like in politics, there are just fundamental differences.
if only people realized that when we divide ourselves into groups we are doing exactly what the govt wants us to do. The people are much easier to control when divided. And so many of us take the bait....

if only people realized that when we divide ourselves into groups we are doing exactly what the govt wants us to do. The people are much easier to control when divided. And so many of us take the bait....

:exactly: Us vs Them exactly what they want.

I totally agree with. The problem is we just can't agree on certain things which makes it easy to divide the people.

Back