Let the Speculation Begin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let the speculation begin.

Angel licence announcement please, plus LOTR 12" and a Giles release. Now that would be a good week! :joy :banana

Except bankruptcy would follow sometime over the next couple of years and I wouldn't be able to get in my office for S/S figures. :rolleyes:

Oh well, why is it that every silver lining has to have a dirty, big, black cloud wrapped around it? :confused:

Unexpected...

Really want something unexpected?? Since Sideshow will soon not be able to sell LOTR line of products from NEW line.... but not really from Tolkien Entreprise... how about a

1/4 Tolkien Statue Premium Format

NO, NO, NO, we've already heard enough Premium format announcements! Spooktacular had the SS. version of The Phantom of the Opera, Pumpkinhead Maquette was a 1/4 scale figure I believe (it can't be called Premium Format because it has no cloth, so it's a maquette) And Leia PF figure just announced, with only one new 1/6 figure announced, Jason X.

Sideshow has been announcing more 1/4 scale figures and statues recently then 1/6 and I'll be happy not to see any more statue announcements! :banghead

screamingmetal said:
with only one new 1/6 figure announced

Sideshow has been announcing more 1/4 scale figures and statues recently then 1/6

Do you blame them? The 1/4's seem to be selling really well, while the 1/6 figures take forever (if at all) to sell out. Many of them they end up having to give away for free.

Add to that the fact that they make about 5-6 times as much money off of the sale of a 1/4 piece vs. a 1/6 piece and it seems like a no-brainer.

I dont like 1/4 figures that much. I wasn't impressed with luke. The only detail is the face, and then is all figure with clothing. The 12 inch statues are so much better. Or even the 1:1 bust. The 1/4 is overpriced and over rated. I'm hoping for anyhting but 1/4 scale.

elwood49 said:
Do you blame them? The 1/4's seem to be selling really well, while the 1/6 figures take forever (if at all) to sell out. Many of them they end up having to give away for free.

Add to that the fact that they make about 5-6 times as much money off of the sale of a 1/4 piece vs. a 1/6 piece and it seems like a no-brainer.

Not all of them have been doing too well. and there are a few 1/6 that have sold very well. It all depends on the license they are from, which is why I hope Sideshow will be getting new 1/6 scale licenses.

TolkienCollector said:
Anyone seen the missing droids?!?!?!?!?
The Star Wars license was already announced at San Diego Comic Con. That doesn't count.

I certainly hope the announcements are not filled with 1/4 PF info. As much as my wallet would appreciate the break, I'd hate to have to stop getting Sideshow items. And if 1:6 dwindles that would appear my only choice.

Yeah, I may sound crazy when I say this, but it would be something I would kill for. I was thinking about the Legend bust when it came out. I'm a big fan of 80's fantasy movies. I live for movies like Lgend. BUT.... one of my favorite was Neverending Story. I would bow down, and worship Sideshow if they made a statue (premium format or not) of say Falcor. Putting Atreyu on his back would make him pretty tiny, so maybe foget about Atreyu. BUT HOW COOL WOULD THAT BE! You could make the statue look like his flying by like twisting his body around a mountain peak. Ohh...... would anyone else be interested. Of course, the chances of this ever happenign are quite low.:eek:

SSC_Nerd said:
Yeah, I may sound crazy when I say this, but it would be something I would kill for. I was thinking about the Legend bust when it came out. I'm a big fan of 80's fantasy movies. I live for movies like Lgend. BUT.... one of my favorite was Neverending Story. I would bow down, and worship Sideshow if they made a statue (premium format or not) of say Falcor. Putting Atreyu on his back would make him pretty tiny, so maybe foget about Atreyu. BUT HOW COOL WOULD THAT BE! You could make the statue look like his flying by like twisting his body around a mountain peak. Ohh...... would anyone else be interested. Of course, the chances of this ever happenign are quite low.:eek:

:bow :bow :bow :bow :bow

A Rockbiter statue, ...
Atreyu on Artax (I cried for damn near an hour when Artax...in the Swamp of Sadness...I can't talk about it...)
An Ivory Tower or Southern Oracle Enviro...
The Childlike Empress...
And last but not least...the scary wolf with the green eyes.

That would be so awesome. I would sell some LotR poly for those peices.

Last edited:
Lynxje said:
I wouldn't mind an Underworld Evolution license. 1/4 scale Kate :google :drool

Although 1/4 Lord of the Rings would be my first choice, Three Cheers for Lynxje! :duff

I have it on pretty good authority that Sideshow WON'T be announcing either of my favorite films as license. A Buckaroo Banzai line won't be happening any time soon, shortly followed by a non-existent Big trouble in Little China Line! Woo-Hoo.

But the thought of all the new star wars stuff has pretty much tipped me over the edge. :banana

WOW!!!! Both excellent ideas.
I remember seeing a 1:6 Jack Burton a while back. An ebay custom? An unmade N2 line? I can't recollect. But, I'd buy both.

I have it on good authority that it's the new 1/2 scale Super Premium Format Figures designed especially to replace your children and cost as much as sending one to Harvard for a year.

So start saving!:banana

Back