Legolas Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
congerking said:
that sounded so wrong, so wrong. Compared to the Aragorn scult, I think Legolas blows him out of the water. They look good next to each other, can't wait for Boromir and..dare I say, Gandalf the Grey !!!!!

:lol
I am acutally sending mines to Hunky_Artist along with Aragorn for repaint! I can't wait to see both them, once Darren is finished with his work. :D

YES!!!:chew :chew

My waitlist reservation just converted to an order!

Wor-Gar said:
I hope you get aboard, jedibear! I'd love to see Legolas in the snow. :)

And yeah, the warm lighting is much better for these figures. A display in candle-light would be the best!

...And a moody one against the light:

Leggyday4.jpg

And you shall get your wish(for some snow pics), sir! My exclusive waitlist reservation just converted to an order! Alright!!

BTW...I really like that last shot....makes me REALLY happy I'm getting this figure...

Mine will be here on the 31st! Not too bad for a waitlist conversion!!! Can't wait to have him in hand, especially after all the accolades everyone is giving!!!

LOL...I got on the waitlist in late December and my order converted last week. I didn't really have the money so on Mondy I decided to cancel and get on the waitlist again (thinking I'd probably still have a pretty good shot and could gather some more funds in the meantime). That plan didn't really work tho since my new waitlist order (which I placed on Monday) just converted. :lol

Needless to say, if you want the exclusive, get on the waitlist and you'll get one. Even now.

Legolas arrived today and his box is a lot smaller than Aragorn's box! Here are some of my pics. Enjoy

Heydispictures002.jpg

Heydispictures015.jpg

Heydispictures031.jpg

Nice action shots, jpcreations26...it's cool to see that he can be posed and stand well w/o the stand. So his leg joints are pretty tight eh?

Could you snap a quick one with the box flaps open? I'm just curious how it looks...thanks.

And thanks again for the cool pics....

The hood looks much better here than the ones before.....interesting....either way mine arrives on Monday!!!:rock

My wait list place has been converted officially into an order.

Woo-Hoo!!!

The wait list really works!

:chew :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew

Now I gotta get my Boromir converted!!!

I can't wait to get yours carbo-fation... because I'll actually have yours probably months before I get my own, lmao

I beleive that's the Toy Biz 1/6 scale Gimly from a couple of years ago.

Seeing Legolas brings one real thing to mind, SSC has seriously been neglecting the 1/6 LOTR line. We need to see a bunch of new pieces or at least concept art or primary sculpts at TF. Andy said right before he left that he was working on an LOTR figure and we haven't seen that one yet so there is at least one more in the pipe...

Got mine converted last night and I only decided to get back on the train last week (after cancelling it before the Boromir PPO).

I have decided that I must have the Elven cloaks.

Can't wait to get my Leggy next week. I'm a little nervous because I've never tried to paint platinum blonde hair before...

The pics looks great, everyone! Keep em coming!!

I have to go gather reference....

Oh, and now I'm sad I sold my Toy-Biz Gimli. I sold him when I sold my Toy-Biz Aragorn Custom. Glad I did THAT before Sideshow announced.

Protozaius said:
My wait list place has been converted officially into an order.

Woo-Hoo!!!

The wait list really works!

:chew :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew

Now I gotta get my Boromir converted!!!

Told ya bro! Gotta keep the faith!!! Now where are those Ape-o-nauts?!?

Jedi_Mike said:
Seeing Legolas brings one real thing to mind, SSC has seriously been neglecting the 1/6 LOTR line. We need to see a bunch of new pieces or at least concept art or primary sculpts at TF. Andy said right before he left that he was working on an LOTR figure and we haven't seen that one yet so there is at least one more in the pipe...

It's funny you mention this cause I was wondering the same thing. C'mon Sideshow keep this line ALIVE!!! I just decided to go with this line!

My only hope is that SS is taking thier sweet time due to quality control. I just wish someone from SS would come out and tell us yes this line is going strong or count your blessing you got 4 figures!

I've just been playing around with the elven cloak and have decided that it is one of the best accessories we have (too nice for an exclusive perhaps, but I digress). The pattern is extremely subtle and looks fabulous in the 1/6 scale, and it's thin enough to drape just perfectly over their shoulders, under their packs, or in any other way you choose to pose them. The hood is just the right size, and up or down it looks incredibly natural with very little adjustment required to make it sit well.

Also, the hands are just amazing. I can't get over how wonderful they are; they are sculpted in gestures you just can't find in 1/6 figures, and look so natural it's just phenomenal. The bow hand, knife hands, the exclusive stabbing hand (one of the best exclusives EVER)--all of them are superior in every respect. The stabbing hand alone is worth looking for just as much as the cloak; they really are beautiful.

I've also noticed that Legolas seems to be much more natural than my other 12" figures. His joints are tight and strong, but have just the right amount of give to allow him a very natural posture. Also, I've become very, very happy with the leggings. They are certainly thin, but rather than looking skinny and wiry, they give him a slender feel which is absolutely perfect for this figure. Just great.

Also, the arrows are amazing. Not a single one of mine was anything less than perfectly straight--no bends, no curves, no flaws. The shape of the head is just right, and they fit in his hands better than I could have possibly hoped. Don't sit on the fence, people! He's worth your money! Trust me!

Back