Legolas Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LEGOLASPREVIEW.jpg

Thanks Mudshark... I hope he does go to a good home!

ok folks, its up...... good luck :rock

(click the image)

Such a shame you're selling this but then again the honeymoon is v. important right? Plus, I'm sure you'll be able to re-do the same sculpt on another figure. I like your certificate of authenticity too!

This custom is not quite finished. I still have to do the hands, and I really want to change him to a Hot Toys body, but I want to at least go ahead and show you the finished head.
Especially now that Darren is selling his prototype piece, I think it's timely to honor his work by showing you my paint-up of his amazing Legolas re-sculpt.

Legolas1.jpg

Legolas2.jpg

This custom is not quite finished. I still have to do the hands, and I really want to change him to a Hot Toys body, but I want to at least go ahead and show you the finished head.
Especially now that Darren is selling his prototype piece, I think it's timely to honor his work by showing you my paint-up of his amazing Legolas re-sculpt.

Legolas1.jpg

Legolas2.jpg

I know I'm wont to hyperbolize now and then, but THIS, Mikey, is the single greatest custom paintjob you have ever done. At least for me. I MUST have one someday! It IS Orlando Bloom as Legolas!!!

I know I'm wont to hyperbolize now and then, but THIS, Mikey, is the single greatest custom paintjob you have ever done. At least for me. I MUST have one someday! It IS Orlando Bloom as Legolas!!!

:lol
Thanks, Cap. I'm glad you like him, and I'm especially pleased that Darren likes him, as it is his work. The paint just glorifies the sculpt, my friends. :bow

Simply stunning.:google Well done to both Darren and Mike - now why can't you both get jobs with Sideshow?? Dusty are you listening?! :)

Simply stunning.:google Well done to both Darren and Mike - now why can't you both get jobs with Sideshow?? Dusty are you listening?! :)

As much as I'm sure Darren and I would LOVE to paint the prototypes for Sideshow, imagine how pissed we'd all be when the production versions came out!

Looks like I'm a double necro fiend today, sorry. Bought a DiD Lorien Bow to go with my exclusive Legolas. Always bugged me that this wasn't included. Other than donning some shoulder pads and a cod piece at Helms Deep... this is pretty much his look from end of FotR thru to end RotK.

Like with Aragorn's elven hunting knife pics in my other necro thread... i dunno... the DiD scale seems a bit too big?

Also the detailing on the bow itself is very 'flat' in some places with the 'enravelled tree branch' motif surfacing only every now and then.

watermark.php

watermark.php

OK Legolas is finished

legolasaction1.jpg

legolasaction2.jpg

I went back and redid the hair to get more realistic blonde and less yellow and im rather pleased how it came out. Also got his face dullcoted so hes not so shiny.

Love the outdoor shots Magnuz!

Hey guys, I'm trying to put Legolas back together, but I got his hands mixed up in a bag with other Sideshow hands. I need to figure out which hands came with Legolas. Anyone have a pic of all his hands? No need to try too hard. I'll look at the photos in this thread and see if I can piece them together. :)

Hey guys, I'm trying to put Legolas back together, but I got his hands mixed up in a bag with other Sideshow hands. I need to figure out which hands came with Legolas. Anyone have a pic of all his hands? No need to try too hard. I'll look at the photos in this thread and see if I can piece them together. :)
well i dont have a pic but it appears he has 2 tight grip hands that are made for the elvish blades. shouldnt be too hard to pick out from the rest cuz i dont think they are made to hold anything else. then ive got a normal left grip hand and a right hand that is a bow draw hand. it has the index and middle finger spread apart so it can grip an arrow. then there is the exclusive arrow-stab/obi wan thinking hand. hope this helps.

Check out the CTR photo archive. www.cooltoyreview.com

Hey guys, I just finished putting Legolas together...well, almost. The next step is modifying the straps so he can wear his cloak. Comments and suggestions welcome. Should I darken his skin tone? I don't have a copy of LOTR, so I had to use reference pics online. Orlando Bloom has some really fair skin in some shots.

legolas%20and%20aragorn.jpg

Can you tell he's on a True Type?
9lbeqt.jpg

img0110800gc5.jpg

img0114800wo8.jpg

A fun figure all around.

Last edited:
Back