Legolas Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys....I'm pretty proud of that first one...the sun was just heading down over the trees...gave beautiful light.

These figures really look great outside...I'll get Faramir out there too when I get him...

I hope you get him soon--I can't imagine a LOTR collection without Faramir (obviously)! Besides, I wanna see your pics of Faramir out in the wilderness!

537849602_7aad0d7f93_o.jpg

i love this shot man!!:D

I've just placed myself on the waitlist for this one. Think there's a shot in hell that it'll come through this late?

Exclusive. Regular's still available, I think. But I gots ta have that cloak. :D

I agree on the cloak, I hope it works out for you, but I'm not sure what the odds are on snagging and exclusive through SSC at this point, I'd keep a watchful eye on eBay too for a deal.

Good luck the cloak is a must. I tried to actually get a second when the exclusive came back up as a second chance but that's when I learned that they only let you get one of the exclusives even if it is a second chance.

Although there is a loop hole in their system that prevents it. I found that out by accident with Faramir.

Well i finally got Legolas, took some time but i managed to snag one on ebay for a good price.

I can finally have the great legolas i wanted thanks to Darren's resculpt, been waiting a while to get these two pieces together so i can get the head painted and have a complete figure:
legolaswip.jpg

My legolas is pretty much done, the head hasn't been permanently attached yet, i may try to shoot him with dullcote again to dull the last of the sheen he has. But he's pretty much there. Hard to take pics of my paintjobs sadly so just these two rough shots:

legolaspaint1.jpg

legolaspaint2.jpg

Big props and thanks to Darren for the resculpt cast it really makes legolas, legolas. Capturing orlando bloom in ways the production sculpt missed.

Oh wow... I'm not entirely sure i want to get into this line, my shelf is already crowded enough as it is. Wow wow wow. Planning on getting a friend of mine a legolas For christmas, hoping to infect him with the1/6 bug....

though i'll get Gimli when they make him, I gots ta have the dwarves!

OK Legolas is finished

legolasaction1.jpg

legolasaction2.jpg

I went back and redid the hair to get more realistic blonde and less yellow and im rather pleased how it came out. Also got his face dullcoted so hes not so shiny.

Some indoor shots

legolaslit.jpg

sslotrdisplay.jpg

Finally made some space to display my LOTR figs (whopping 2) poor aragorns been on my desk forever cause i had no place to put him. He still needs repainting but im going to be sending him to a friend for that.

that's a good looking pair of figures you got there ;)

(and you definitely made the hair better by making it darker.... well done)

Magnuz, if I may (in resurrecting this older thread) suggest, try and find s DID Legolas bow on eBay or somewhere. Since you have the Exclusive Legolas with Lothlorien cloak, and the DID Legolas has the Lothlorien bow, it would work perfectly. I plan to do that someday. Of course I'll have to get my brother to make the cloak.

Just pitching in my 2 cents.

Magnuz, if I may (in resurrecting this older thread) suggest, try and find s DID Legolas bow on eBay or somewhere. Since you have the Exclusive Legolas with Lothlorien cloak, and the DID Legolas has the Lothlorien bow, it would work perfectly. I plan to do that someday. Of course I'll have to get my brother to make the cloak.

Just pitching in my 2 cents.

Thats what i did, it looks great

Here's Les' masterful repaint of Darren's refined Legolas, owned by Gruff Old Bear. It looks great!

legolas2.jpg

Yes, that's Darren's re-sculpt of Andy's original approved-by-the-licensor official version.

And for those who haven't tried it, I replaced my Legolas' bow with the one that came with the Ken as Legolas figure--at first I wondered "am I a sinner?" But it actually works much better! The curves are much more screen accurate and it's a much more durable weapon. I may do some other alterations using the costume too. Pics when I can take some!

Back