Legolas/Gimli 20-25 days out.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still many SSW LOTR statues for me to get. Still, when Legolas & Gimli arrive, I need to put some others in storage. Probably the old Legolas & Gimli will go first, and then I'll see if I still need to make room.

I still need to get some statues. I'll be hunting for a long time. Still waiting for sam and bill to drop in price. The last one I was watching sold for over $800.00 on ebay.

NASEDO said:
I still need to get some statues. I'll be hunting for a long time. Still waiting for sam and bill to drop in price. The last one I was watching sold for over $800.00 on ebay.

I would love a Sam and Bill and continue to watch it. This thing has gone for up to $1200 or down around $700. The selling price varies, but if you look at the recent US sales, it seems to be settling in around $800 for now. Still too much for me--and I don't have another piece that valuable to sell or trade towards it. Patience, I guess. (I also want a Ringwraith on Steed, and he can be had for a few hundred less than Sam and Bill.)

Just curious as to what the hell you guys do for a living? And if you're hiring?:naughty Seriously!

It is called Ramen noodles.................10 packs for a dollar here right now. That is enough for two days.....................save, save, save................

Some of us just do without other things in order to be able to afford these. And after 2 years of collecting, and with the end of the line in sight, it was 2 years of being very frugal with everything else so that I could buy poly well worth it.:D

Updated photos of this one and Aragorn at the Black Gates.

I am looking forward to both of these pieces...BIGTIME!

They look incredible.

:banana

tomandshell said:
I seem to remember this coming up in chat, and I think they said that there were only some very minor changes that were not all that noticeable and didn't seem to be worth a new set of photos.

Oops! I was wrong--they did give us some great new pics! Can't wait to see it in person!

Aragorn needs to watch where he swings his sword! I see that he took a big chunk out of the edge of the product box.

I have been on the fence, but these pics have convinced me to keep my order for Aragorn.

Last edited:
I was never on the fence especially after seeing him and Legolas/Gimli at SDCC last summer.

Well, I already have an Elessar, and this would be the first duplicate character in my collection. That was what made me hesitate. I guess I don't mind having two versions of the same character after all.

This gives me all three versions of Aragorn (Strider, Black Gates, Elessar) so that's not a biggie for me either. I actually will have both versions of Legolas and Gimli also.

I am really looking forward to the Lego/Gimli on Arod statue! I have the standalone statues of Lego and Gimli, but this one rules! I think the "horse and rider" statues are the best of the SSW line (including Sauron, Wiki, Cavey and Daddy Rog).

I too am totally out of display space. I have been able to display everything so far, but it looks like some of my busts are going to have to go back in the box. Lego/Gimli on Arod must be displayed, it is just too awesome a piece to leave in the box. I think it is safe to rebox Busts, I am loathe to attempt to rebox any of the statues for fear of breaking something, especially the Mumak! :horror

Unfortunately, I cancelled my pre-order a while back and I'm hoping not to regret it. Since I'm running out of room to display my collection, I figured I'd continue my collection with the 12" figures. I may consider keeping the Lurtz PF exclusive I have on pre-order.

Congrats to all of you that have it on order.

I'll have to box some things up. I'm triyng to decide if I should box up the Legolas / Gimli / Uruk-Hai Berserker shelf, or the Saruman / Grima / Lurtz / Pippin shelf. I then have to move some things to the unocuppied shelf. If they're too tall, then I may have to box up the Morgul Lord, and with him Eowyn and Theoden. Hard call, but the horse and rider statues are just fantastic.

Back