Legolas Animaquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh please, oh please GG make Barbossa. :arr

The Legolas/Gimli set-up has really got me thinking about this line. I've thought the same thing as Josh, to perhaps collect the Fellowship animated characters and pick up Faramir, or an Orc or Treebeard if they are ever made.

With my interest tied to the SW maquettes, it's hard to decide whether or not I should get into another line.

The Ringer said:
There is gonna be a Barbosa?

I would expect one. I also am looking for a Tia Dalma and Bootstrap Bill very soon as I have already seen Disney animated renderings of both characters.

FrodoEyes said:
My god, i think I'm going to collect the entire line! It's so not good, but also, so is!!

Hehe yes! I'm loving the LOTR and SW OT maquettes. I'm stoked for the Gimli/Legolas combo and the Han Solo/Chewbacca combo. Can't wait to see them tackle Aragorn, Boromir, Faramir, Eomer, Theoden, Arwin, Uruk-Hai, Orcs, Easterlings...and of course, those little HOBBITS! Man, the list is endless... :google

SolidLiquidFox said:
I am glad I picked this line over the mini-busts or 12" figures. It's way more fun and so far these pieces are relatively limited.

I forsee a lot of people backtracking and getting these later at a premium.

I agree with both points.

I enjoy these maquettes much more than the other LOTR lines.

The ES so far have been great.

SolidLiquidFox said:
I am glad I picked this line over the mini-busts or 12" figures. It's way more fun and so far these pieces are relatively limited.

I forsee a lot of people backtracking and getting these later at a premium.

Bonehead15 said:
I agree with both points.

I enjoy these maquettes much more than the other LOTR lines.

The ES so far have been great.

Glad I got into BOTH the Animaquette line from GG AND the 1/6 line from SS...so far both these lines look the best IMO. the 1/6 figures are really cool representations of the characters and the details are WAY better than the SW line so far...with all the little simulated buckles and leather straps...not to mention head-sizes that ACTUALLY look like they're to scale and not gargantuan!

As for the maquettes, I got in with the SW OT Boba Fett and haven't looked back. I won't get ALL the SW or LOTR maquettes, just the one's I REALLY dig (but so far, that's most, if not all! hehe). They're just fun, whimsical representations of the characters in cool action poses. Some people prefer the busts, or the dioramas...some the Medicom VCD or Japanese Super-Deformed figs...Me, I'm liking these maquettes. :D

I gotta say that I love these statues, too. Legolas is amazing looking. I love the crouched, bow drawn pose. The details are awesome and the connection to the Gimli statue is a great touch.

I've gotten all of the statues from Star Wars and LOTR so far. If there's a lousy one I will pass. There just hasn't been yet.

Looks good. The stylized features also eliminate the pesky matter of getting a good likeness of bloom, which has proven to be tough.

Of those we've seen so far, I'd say Gimli is probably my favorite. Here's hoping we get Boromir sooner rather than later.

Indiana Fett said:
Glad I got into BOTH the Animaquette line from GG AND the 1/6 line from SS...so far both these lines look the best IMO. the 1/6 figures are really cool representations of the characters and the details are WAY better than the SW line so far...with all the little simulated buckles and leather straps...not to mention head-sizes that ACTUALLY look like they're to scale and not gargantuan!

I can't afford all those lines so I had to pick and choose. :eek:

I'm thinking about picking up the GG busts but somehow I know GG will screw up and release an exclusive that I can't live w/o and I'll be screwed.

Bonehead15 said:
I'm thinking about picking up the GG busts but somehow I know GG will screw up and release an exclusive that I can't live w/o and I'll be screwed.

"Your insight serves you well!"
obi-wan.gif

I'm sure that Faramir will be an exclusive of 250 pieces at the Helsinki Comic Con.

But don't worry, there will be a Barliman Butterbur mini bust as a regular release with an edition size of 5000.

Back