Lego The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw the Goblin King Battle set at the local Walmart marked down to $60. That's a cool 40% off the original $100.

I'm not interested in it, but I thought I should at least pick it up for any of the freaks here that might want it.

First $60 can have it! :wave

Last edited:
That's a nice mark down and the cheapest I have heard of for it.

That and the pirate set atre the only two I don't have at the moment but with the Witch King coming out real soon I am going to have to hold on to my cash. :nazgul

I saw the Goblin King Battle set at the local Walmart marked down to $60. That's a cool 40% off the original $100.

I'm not interested in it, but I thought I should at least pick it up for any of the freaks here that might want it.

First $60 can have it! :wave

That's a nice mark down and the cheapest I have heard of for it.

That and the pirate set atre the only two I don't have at the moment but with the Witch King coming out real soon I am going to have to hold on to my cash. :nazgul

Nice. I wasn't really a fan of the set either--but finding it on clearance (and the temptation to finish the dwarves) was too much... It's worth jumping on if you can find it.

Nice. I wasn't really a fan of the set either--but finding it on clearance (and the temptation to finish the dwarves) was too much... It's worth jumping on if you can find it.

I've been helped a few times by several members here myself.
Let's say I'm returning the favor or an early Spook gift...

I'll ship this set to the first member that wants it for $50! New in unopened box. :wave

How I Would have jumped if this were Helms Deep or the Gathering.

Very kind of you.
If I ever see those at Walmart on clearance, I'll definitely pick them up.

I'm not the biggest LOTR/The Hobbit fan, but when I saw that it was originally $99.99, then marked down to $60, I thought maybe some member here would want it.

Thanks for the kind words.

Awful quiet in this forum: Here's the latest news:

79011 Dol Guldur Ambush 26,99€
79012 Mirkwood Elf Army 39,99€
79013 Lake-Town chase 59,99€
79014 Dol Guldur Battle 79,99€

Lake-Town box art:
https://brixit.se/media/bilder/79013_box.jpg

No sign of Smaug yet. Altough there is an unannounced collector's set to be revealed by the end of this year. (like Orthanc) It's not sure whether it's a Superheroes or Lord of the Rings set though.
Release: 1st Dec. 2013
Pictures: 1st Nov. 2013

Awful quiet in this forum: Here's the latest news:

79011 Dol Guldur Ambush 26,99€
79012 Mirkwood Elf Army 39,99€
79013 Lake-Town chase 59,99€
79014 Dol Guldur Battle 79,99€

Lake-Town box art:
https://brixit.se/media/bilder/79013_box.jpg

No sign of Smaug yet. Altough there is an unannounced collector's set to be revealed by the end of this year. (like Orthanc) It's not sure whether it's a Superheroes or Lord of the Rings set though.
Release: 1st Dec. 2013
Pictures: 1st Nov. 2013

I keep trying to get a pirate ambush set on ebay but they all seem to eventually leavve my price range for it.

I'm also debating on trying to pick up another helms deep and wall set to make mine bigger.

Here I am with some pictures of the Hobbit DoS sets, available: December 2013

79011 Dol Guldor Ambush
20506191-origpic-6338a0.jpg

dol+guldor+ambush+4.jpg

79012 Mirkwood Elf Army
20506193-origpic-21674b.jpg

mirkwood+elf+army+3.jpg

79013 Lake Town Chase
79013_box.jpg

79014 Dol Guldor Battle
20506218-origpic-003d4b.jpg

20506218-origpic-d2f00a.jpg

The Dol Guldor sets can be combined (Just like Uruk-Hai Army set + Helm's Deep).

Rumour list LotR-sets 2014
The Mirror of Galadriel:
Frodo in plain shirt and Galadriel.
Amon Hen Ambush:
2 Uruk Hai (Maybe Lurtz as 1 of the 2), Boromir and Merry
The Defence of Osgiliath:
2 Orcs, 1 Knight (Gondor soldier), and a Ranger (Faramir?)
Witch King showdown:
Witch King, Theoden, Eowyn, White Horse and a Nazgul.
The Battle of Minas Tirith:
Gandalf the White, 2 Knights(Gondor soldiers), 4 Orcs, A troll and maybe Pippin

Source: Eurobricks

OH man I hope the Lord of the Rings list is true! I would buy every one of those sets. They have been really fund to build and mess around with.

I just wish they'd put out some simple army builder packs too, like Helms Deep, Amon Hen, Osgiliath and the battle of Minas Tirith themed.

A little over 2 weeks and then I can finally open my Orthanc!

Hey look; it's the same Azog people are shelling out 1000+ USD for on Ebay! I thought I read the Lego set Azog would be more white; but this one has the same light yellow colour that the Comic Con Azog and the film Azog has :)

Hey look; it's the same Azog people are shelling out 1000+ USD for on Ebay! I thought I read the Lego set Azog would be more white; but this one has the same light yellow colour that the Comic Con Azog and the film Azog has :)

I know, let's all point and laugh at the idiots who would spend hundreds on a Lego figure! :lol

I know, that's just crazy.
I like that LEGO is releasing this Azog, probably to put a stop to that nonsense.

Isn't there subtle differences though in the print of his body/legs?

Back