Lego The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Best Lego game ever IMO. Wait until you can free roam and use Sauron all over.

Best and LARGEST LEGO Game ever. :lecture

Just got 1000 Gamerscore last week. Took awhile to get the 10,000,000,000 even with the stud multipliers, and it didnt even unlock till I hit 10,100,000,000. I was worried I wasnt going to get it because it says "Single Player Only" and I had been playing through the game with my 5 year old and thought that it didnt register because of that. :lol

My favorite levels are Moria, Helms Deep, and Black Gate.

Yeah, it's a pretty good size game. I got all the achievements as well. It didn't feel like it took a while to me but I got there by replaying levels as I picked up the minikits and the secret items.

Yeah, it's a pretty good size game. I got all the achievements as well. It didn't feel like it took a while to me but I got there by replaying levels as I picked up the minikits and the secret items.

Yeah in general it really didnt take long considering its taking me longer to collect other things in other games to get all the achievements, but for a LEGO game I felt this one took the longest to get everything. Pirates and Batman 2 didnt seem to take as long as I remember.

I enjoyed the side-fetch quests. Hope they continue those for future LEGO games. :yess:

I still need to finish out the POTC game. Didn't enjoy the first Batman so I never bothered with the second. Also have the HP gams I need to get on.

Those were fun and added to the levels.

Hopefully we get a Hobbit game announcement soon.

I still need to finish out the POTC game. Didn't enjoy the first Batman so I never bothered with the second. Also have the HP gams I need to get on.

Those were fun and added to the levels.

Hopefully we get a Hobbit game announcement soon.

Batman 2 was much better than the first, having all the extra DC characters really added to it, but I dont think it should have been called "LEGO BATMAN 2" It should have been "LEGO DC SuperHeroes" or something. It was Open World like LOTR, but just not as vast.

Pirates is great. Didnt care much for the HP games for some reason.

I cant see them announcing LEGO Hobbit till the movies are done, or at the very least till the second one is out.

Cool. Might have to get that then at somepoint. :rock

That's possible. Would suck to wait but that's the way it goes.

Do you think we will get an actual Anduril with Aragorn in the Black Gates set (Which I am most excited for) and the Pirate Ship set? Will Anduril be chromed out?

We will get it but I don't expect it to look a ton different. It didn't in the game to be honest.

It glowed white in the game a bit.

I could see them chroming it to stand out.

Battle at athe Black Gate is just such a must for me. I mean my favorite appearance of Aragorn is in his Gondorian Armor, and who doesn't like the witch king/mouth of sauron (has been speculation of it being either) and gandalf the white? The Wizard Battle will also be a really cool set, because we will get a Saruman.

Last edited:
Newsflash:
First some bad news: The rumored set 'Witch King Battle' seemed to based of a fans MOC.
Nonetheless, there is some terrific news 'to ease the pain'. Some fellow on Flickr has put part of a prelim picture on Flickr.
The set has been blurred due to copyright reasons I guess but the measurements are legible.

The new set: The Tower of Orthanc (set 10237)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/91708573@N07/8337833793/in/photostream

That is also in the bonus level at the end of the game in a smaller (well, smaller for a 1:1 Orthanc) build, so I believe it.

Batman 2 was much better than the first, having all the extra DC characters really added to it, but I dont think it should have been called "LEGO BATMAN 2" It should have been "LEGO DC SuperHeroes" or something. It was Open World like LOTR, but just not as vast.

Pirates is great. Didnt care much for the HP games for some reason.

I cant see them announcing LEGO Hobbit till the movies are done, or at the very least till the second one is out.

Batman was the first Lego game i played, i thought it was amazing. So many different things to do, and vehicles to use.

Loved Harry Potter, so much fun for book and movie fans. Didn't enjoy POTC though, seemed like a chore to get through. Indy was good fun though, and i haven't got the Star Wars ones.

Newsflash:
First some bad news: The rumored set 'Witch King Battle' seemed to based of a fans MOC.
Nonetheless, there is some terrific news 'to ease the pain'. Some fellow on Flickr has put part of a prelim picture on Flickr.
The set has been blurred due to copyright reasons I guess but the measurements are legible.

The new set: The Tower of Orthanc (set 10237)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/91708573@N07/8337833793/in/photostream

I'd have been more inclined to believe this if we weren't getting the small wizard battle set. I'd have guessed they'd include that with the tower if they were going to do the tower, which I did think they'd do. So I'm thinking we'll only get one or the other, not both.

Witch king set did sound too minifigure heavy to be true.

I got every set today (with the exception of the barrel escape.) 400 odd dollars worth for $175.00. Gotta love the perks of the job!

Back