LEGO Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: LEGO Star Wars - anyone?

both were the first sw legos we have bought. may have been an error on my part because i want, like, all of them now.

I was at Toys R Us buying a gift for my buddies son the other day and saw some of the Lego sets. Was super tempted to buy the Falcon and AT-AT... especially since they had a deal for buy one get one 50% off.

My 6-year-old is doing the advent calendar this year too. It's good fun, although I agree some of the choices are a bit odd. He had to ask who Nute Gunray was since he hasn't seen EP1 yet.

jarjar.jpg

picked up the wampa/snowspeeder set and the landspeeder set this weekend at walmart. both are freaking awesome. watched all 6 movies this weekend...my 6 year old son's favorite? a new hope...tear to my eye, tear to my eye.

He's got excellent taste. :lecture

It looks like the hologram walking thing from Epi 1. Kinda lame.

I added 2 translucent blue 1x1 small nose cones to it and it looks alot better now. I just happened to have a couple extras that I hadn't used from a different set. I know that they have them in the pick-a-brick section on shop.lego.com also, in case anybody wants to get some that way, Element ID #4567331 and/or Design ID #64288. Or they are probably available on bricklink too.

Great news!!!
tumblr_lwfnrgYVua1r4150r.gif

I almost bought the Jabba minifig for a high premium...I 'll wait for this one then

Last edited:

I never trust those youtube vids, but I would all over some new Jabba sets. My old Jabba sets need some more characters from those scenes, especially Oola!!!

New Jabba and Salacious Crumb minifigs?!?! That might be my first LEGO set in a LOOOONG time.

I hope they put out a set that has Zuckuss & 4-LOM so we can complete our Bounty Hunter line-up.

Does anybody know the status of Lego's Star Wars license? The reason I ask is because Hasbro has their Kre-O building set line and it is absolute garbage. :monkey4

I'd hate for Star Wars to end up there.

edit: Answered my own question via Wikipedia.

Originally it was only licensed from 1999–2008, but the Lego Group extended the license with Lucasfilm Ltd. to 2011 and then again until 2016.

A mini figure collection is doable but would be costly. Some minifigures go for quite a bit. The rarer a figure/character the more expensive it is. Also the bigger the set the higher the cost if it's specific to a set.

I could see wanting all the Kenner releases in Lego minifig form...

Wait, Bib Fortuna goes for as much as 30 bones on the bay.... F that!

I don't think I paid much more than that for the entire Jabba's Message set (which includes him). You just have to be patient.

Speaking of minifigures, I recently got the [ame="https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Star-Wars-Character-Encyclopedia/dp/0756686970/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1324493887&sr=8-1"]Lego Star Wars Character Encyclopedia[/ame], which was fun to leaf through.

Back