LEGO Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: LEGO Star Wars - anyone?

Some pics from the aforementioned deviantart site - there are many more taken by amateurs and professionals alike:

Death_Star_Hanger_II_by_franklando.jpg

Whoah, these guys really have good photography skills; that's an impressive trooper parade...really like the imperial shuttle:clap

I just got the bigger version of the shuttle...using my pet chi, Obi for size comparison

6350239342_cb0c64e5e3.jpg

My son is crazy about Legos so we have quite a few of various types, and of course I have a number of the Star Wars ones. I like them a lot, but the only problem (aside from the expense) is that they can be pretty fragile. If you want them staying intact with all the pieces together you sort of have to lock them away and not play with them.

To me that's half of the fun! You can completely customize the sets if you want to. Reinforce the structure itself if need be. Sure some sets are more sturdier than others but that comes with the territory. I just went to my local Lego store and saw the Executor...holy sheet that is awesome. I break them up when I want to store them away, the I can have the fun of putting them back together when I rebuild them. So awesome.

I'll be getting these 2 sets for sure.

6251818232_f7d62edbb3_o.jpg

6244385517_1e04c722fd_o.png

Leaning towards also getting this one, but not positive on that one.
6244904968_7419682d96_o.png

That T.I.E. fighter is boss, that will be bought. Not to mention the DC/Marvel Lego sets come out in January!!! :panic:

Yeah, actually just the mini figs alone make the TIE worth it. So make that 3 I need to buy.

BTW, Deak did you ever find out if you ha the piece I was missing on my X-Wing?

To me that's half of the fun! You can completely customize the sets if you want to. Reinforce the structure itself if need be. Sure some sets are more sturdier than others but that comes with the territory. I just went to my local Lego store and saw the Executor...holy sheet that is awesome. I break them up when I want to store them away, the I can have the fun of putting them back together when I rebuild them. So awesome.

My son agrees with you about that. :lol For things in my own collection, I prefer to keep them as separate products rather than mixing up the parts, since you can pretty much never find all the parts for a particular set once you do that, but maybe I'm just too uptight about that kind of thing.

My son agrees with you about that. :lol For things in my own collection, I prefer to keep them as separate products rather than mixing up the parts, since you can pretty much never find all the parts for a particular set once you do that, but maybe I'm just too uptight about that kind of thing.

Custom parts are nice, it's better to have more parts than not enough...

venator.jpg

I'll probably have to get TWO of the regular TIEs since I have Vader's TIE fighter already.

Fixed for film accuracy. 1 TIE to knock Vader out the box and one to explode. :D

We sit around playing Star Wars Legos on the Wii with our 6 year old and have unlocked every characters...does that count?

We sit around playing Star Wars Legos on the Wii with our 6 year old and have unlocked every characters...does that count?

I dont see why not:hi5:

You know, there's something better we can do with all that POWERRR...
6352995097_1bda7f2d54_m.jpg

Just awhile more...
6352995559_da2f8abaf4_m.jpg

I saw the Super Star Destroyer on display at the lego store the other day. It's pretty amazing. If I had an extra $400 and a place to put it, I'd probably buy one.

I'm a lego geek, more star wars than any other, but i did like the power miners line.

I'm gonna get that new Echo Base as i got a few Hoth sets and i wanna make a dio.

I love Legos and have successfully brainwashed my eldest son into a love of them also. He's got a grandma who spoiles him and he's got a number of the nice big Star Wars sets. Too bad he doesn't keep them sealed in gallon sized ziploc bags with the instructions like mom. :)

I love Legos and have successfully brainwashed my eldest son into a love of them also. He's got a grandma who spoiles him and he's got a number of the nice big Star Wars sets. Too bad he doesn't keep them sealed in gallon sized ziploc bags with the instructions like mom. :)

Good mom right here people. :wave

i was bummed they dropped the Midi-scale series, the Star Destroyer is fantastic

Is this confirmed? I think it's a great series, I have a Falcon and Star Destroyer put away for my son when he's old enough.

Back