Lego Simpsons mini-figures review - UPDATED WITH THE REST!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Lego Simpsons mini-figures review

Got mine in the mail today and they are pretty great. Milhouse and Mr.Burns are my favorite. Mine all came sealed so I tried guessing who was who before I opened them and the only ones I got right were Marge and Bart :lol Glad I didn't even try in the store haha.

I felt one of the bags I got today and recognised Flanders from his toolbox. Left the second for a surprise :D

I popped around my local high street to feel up some toys :lol

I'm certain I've got Homer from the little donut piece feel.

I identified Nelson from the bat.

Pretty sure I got Apu from the squishie (though I had to be more certain as the feel felt right most of the time then I felt the nub indicating it must've been Ned mug.

Pretty sure I've got Krusty from the hair bums and Bart from the skateboard weight pieces.

The hardest to find imo is Apu or abe

___

If they were to do another series which characters would you want most?

For me:

Duffman
Lenny
Carl
Jimbo
Barney
Moe
Professor Frink
Bumblebee Man
Sideshow Mel
Drederick Tatum or Lucious Sweet
Troy McClure
Principal Skinner
Lionel hutz
Comic book guy
Dr Hibbert
Kearney

Last edited:

image.jpg

Burns: Attention lowly workers!

^^ that's great man!
I can't find these anywhere now, except amazon but you can only buy 5 packs. 16 to collect and you're limited to 5 well played amazon!:slap

I got Abe, Krusty, Homer and Itchy. Im getting more of these next week.

I popped around my local high street to feel up some toys :lol

I'm certain I've got Homer from the little donut piece feel.

I identified Nelson from the bat.

Pretty sure I got Apu from the squishie (though I had to be more certain as the feel felt right most of the time then I felt the nub indicating it must've been Ned mug.

Pretty sure I've got Krusty from the hair bums and Bart from the skateboard weight pieces.

The hardest to find imo is Apu or abe

___

If they were to do another series which characters would you want most?

For me:

Duffman
Lenny
Carl
Jimbo
Barney
Moe
Professor Frink
Bumblebee Man
Sideshow Mel
Drederick Tatum or Lucious Sweet
Troy McClure
Principal Skinner
Lionel hutz
Comic book guy
Dr Hibbert
Kearney

It all would depend on if they are going to make more sets or just stick with the blind bags. I'd like a mix of the two (although I'd prefer the blind part finally going away). There are plenty of sets that could have supporting characters included and some characters that might not work as well in a set.

Moe with Moe's with Barney is obvious. Maybe throw in Lenny or Carl.
The Nuclear Plant with Smithers is another good option and throwing in the other half of Lenny/Carl (to force you into both sets)
Comic Book Guy with his shop.
Skinner/Willie with the school (not sure the status of Ms K or Hoover)
Otto with school bus
Squeeky Voice Teen with Krusty Burger
Professor Frink with some crazy lego device
Kang/Kodus with spaceship
Sideshow Mel with KrusyLou studios set

It all would really depend on how deep they want to get into the line and how they do the sets. Would they all be modular like the House? The nuclear plant could just be sector 7-G. It doesn't have to have the cooling towers too. Moe's could be modular or traditional set. The only thing holding that set back would the alcohol theme. Playmates had to make their set an exclusive for that reason. I don't see why Lego couldn't try that too. The house is already a Lego exclusive, not why Moe's too while they are trying out a more adult oriented, yet still kid friendly theme? They can keep things saying "Duff" just leave off the part that says "beer" and then Moe's isn't really that objectionable from a visual standpoint. If they treat this line like the city line, they could come up with lots of normal city locations that the Simpsons have. I just hope this line doesn't die before it starts.

Single figures like like to see though are more obscure characters that wouldn't support a set of their own:

Crazy Cat Lady (with cats)
Dr Nick (could come with a hospital set I suppose)
Kent Brockman
Mayor Quimby
Fat Tony
Agnes Skinner
Captain McCallister
Hans Moleman
Rick Texan
Jasper
McBane
Disco Stu
Cletus

A school bus with Otto would be great. They could throw in Sheri & Terri or some of the bullies like Jimbo, Dolph or Kearney

I love that Burns in Orthanc picture. Eeeexcellent.

I picked up the whole set between a trip to Walmart (8 bags, just picked blindly because I didn't have a lot of time) and Target (12 (felt up about 30 mins to find the ones I hadn't gotten at WM), then a brief stop at the LEGO store (Homer, last one missing, found one right away). While I HATE the $1 price bump, I think they actually distributed these evenly in the cases - no short-packing.

The extras I ended up with were 2 Krustys, a Ned, a Nelson, and a Bart (kept for my work desk). So four went back to WM.

I thought these were actually pretty easy to feel up, based on the accessory, the head, and the legs (regular articulated or short).

I enjoy the blind-packs when they are this easy to find, but there are complete sets for less than $90 shipped on eBay if you can't find them local. I think that's an okay price, considering it's $64 plus tax and time at a B&M.

I don't mind buying sets to get these characters:

Smithers
Moe
Sideshow Bob
Sideshow Mel
Skinner
Edna Krabappel
Patty/Selma
Kent Brockman
Comic Book Guy
Lovejoy
Otto
Troy McClure
Groundskeeper Willie

I ran across the Simpsons mini-figures at another store this weekend, and after spending way too much time handling the product, I managed to find my Mr. Burns. I figured I'd wrap up this first wave asap, and cross my fingers that we get some more announcements soon. You can find the review here:

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_050514a.htm

or with the rest of the reviews at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

And don't forget - tonight's episode of the show has them all done Lego style! Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

Back