Leggy/Gimli in da house

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How much trouble are people having getting this to fit on the stand?

I just can't get it to fit on, I've seen people saying that the back leg has to go on first but I then can't get the front peg to match up with the hole.

Corwin wrote :
How much trouble are people having getting this to fit on the stand?

I just can't get it to fit on, I've seen people saying that the back leg has to go on first but I then can't get the front peg to match up with the hole.

Leggy and Gimli have finally reached France! Nice to see them when I came back from work!
Great statue! :google :google :google :google :google :google :google
Concerning the pegs, it did took me a whole minute to get them in the holes. I started with the back leg by only inserting a little part of it and then inserted the front leg. I moved the whole piece very slowly. I did not push it at all. And finally, it came to the right position and correctly plugged. Nice!
Hope yours will be easy to plug (it's quite a heavy statue to handle).

My whole family had a great feeling when they saw the piece!:eek :eek :eek

Brindavoine said:
Concerning the pegs, it did took me a whole minute to get them in the holes. I started with the back leg by only inserting a little part of it and then inserted the front leg. I moved the whole piece very slowly. I did not push it at all. And finally, it came to the right position and correctly plugged. Nice!
Hope yours will be easy to plug (it's quite a heavy statue to handle).

Thanks for the advice.

I did manage to get both pegs on at one point but the front would not go all the way down and I did not want to force it any further.

Ended up packing the statue away for now, will try again another day.

I usually get a paper clip, straighten one end out and put it in each of the peg holes and swish it around gently to make sure there are no small residue pieces or bumps in them. Then blow into the holes to get out any coarse dust that might have been there. Have been very successful with this method. No more half-way and then (with eyes closed and breath held) push top to base nerves. Good luck...putting this piece together had me very very nervous too.

and another piece i'll have to end up getting as well...

this and AaBG will complete my collection of these pieces...

who knows what else is down the pipeline though...

Back