Legendary Musicians Line from Sideshow!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YES!!! Music is my number one passion.
Heres hoping for the Who, Rolling Stones, U2, Bob Dylan, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, and many more.
My most coveted piece would be a 12" figure of Noel Gallagher with his Union Jack guitar... Doubt that will happen though.

Wow, it's kind of interesting that the only woman being mentioned is Janis Joplin. Given polystone, women musicians could be quite interesting.

Think> Dolly Parton.

Or for a different attribute> Jennifer Lopez

Speaking of women> Michael Jackson

:D

Buttmunch said:
Eddie (Iron Maiden, could care less about the band though)

This line has unlimited possiblities. Just about any famous musican could fall into this category.

HAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so glad someone said it before me!
I am and always have been the biggest Maiden Fan on the East coast! I have been listening to and practically stalking them since 1982!
I would absolutely FLIP if they made some 'Eddie's'!!!!
Talk about potential!
All the album covers plus the single and poster covers....

Ugh! Screw NECA....they're good, but SS would be the best!!!!!!!!

Bring it on SS.....if you have not even considered making and Maiden stuff.....DO SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rockdevil.gif

Last edited:
Polystoner said:
Wow, it's kind of interesting that the only woman being mentioned is Janis Joplin. Given polystone, women musicians could be quite interesting.

Well, it's kind of crossing over to the "obscure desires" thread, but I'd think seriously about a PF Dinah Washington for my music room. That amazing little Ruthie Jones, dead at 39 and left behind what -- five or six ex-husbands? Yes, give me Dinah. Take my money.

Well, I collect statues and busts for their visual appeal, and for me thinking
of bands or singers that I'd want, there is only one group that jumps to mind:

KISS 1/4 scale Maquettes or PF figures

Ace Frehley - Space Ace
Paul Stanley - The Star Child
Gene Simmons - The Demon
Peter Criss - The Cat Man

Specifically the fold out album of KISS Alive II is the one I remember most
from when I was a kid. From a visual standpoint, KISS is absolutely my #1.

:rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

JS

memories of Mr Simmons in the SS both at SDCC comes to mind.

Gruson said:
I know them all. HUGE KISS fan here and have worn the makeup at least 5 times in my life. ;)

Great band and they put on one hell of a concert too. You forgot Bruce Kulick.

The Vinnie days were something else. ;)

Nope didnt forget Bruce. Check my post on page 5. ;)

I just thought about this band earlier today, and I think they have a movie coming out this summer, which would be a nice tie-in: Tenacious D anyone? :D

I just hope they do some classy jazz musicians such as:

Louis Armstrong

Billie Holiday

And, my favorite, EARTHA KITT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree and disagree with Tom.....I agree that they will probably go with individuals instead of bands, however i disagree with band members not being house hold names....i mean obviously if you are going to shell out money for these great works of art you are going to know the names of band members as well....i mean most people dont know all the names of every star wars/lotr character but that doesnt mean you dont produce them.
I agree for most they wont, but bands like...KISS, The WHO, PINK FLOYD, LED ZEPPELIN etc etc....if you are a big music fan you will defenitely know most band members names too dont you think? Maybe i just want some complete bands soooo bad that i am hoping that they will....lol
Anyways whatever they do it will be awesoem nonetheless.......wooohooooo
THANKS SIDESHOW:wacky

Vizcad said:
bands like...KISS, The WHO, PINK FLOYD, LED ZEPPELIN etc etc....if you are a big music fan you will defenitely know most band members names too dont you think?

I agree that if you are a big music fan you would, even should, be familiar with those names. What I was trying to say was that the names of "legends" are familiar even to people who are NOT big music fans.

John Bonham, Richard Wright, John Entwistle, Peter Criss and others like them are not household names that are instantly recognizable by people who are not music fans, like my grandma. Grandma has never heard a Jimi Hendrix recording in her life but still knows his name.

The "legend" label is what is tricky. Legendary means: "Extremely well known; famous or renowned." How well known is "extremely"? Just about every music fan in the country knows the bands listed above, and many know the names of the individual members. But just about every person in the country recognizes the name of Elvis--music fan or not.

For the sake of many fans on the board, I hope that this line caters to both you and my Grandma's sense of what constitutes a legend.

(Regardless of their level of fame, KISS figures would just look cooler than Elvis...)

sanpedromanrique said:
I just hope they do some classy jazz musicians such as:

Louis Armstrong

Billie Holiday

And, my favorite, EARTHA KITT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oooo, I'd buy a Billie! Good call!

SideshowDusty said:
Just to clarify, I said the first few figures in this new category will only be available in one format (and no, I will NOT specify which :))... but in the future, as with everything around here, anything is possible :duff

Great, Dusty said it, and let it be so. Anything is possible. Nothing is extravagant.

Bring on the Sensational Alex Harvey Band. They're a legend in my own mind.

I know they will do a brilliant job of the costuming. I expect they will have great sculpts. I would like the guitars and accessories to be up to par. Guitars are particularly tough. Many musos will cite the inconsistencies, and if the strings are slack it just looks terrible, unless it's Hendrix bending a note up a tone or two. Oooo ooo working tuning pegs, ooo oooo.

From the responses here, it seems Kiss would be a great seller for Sideshow. Plus all the dots line up: Gene at SDCC last year, a few figures coming up (in 1 scale, so that seems unlikely for 1/4 scale bands), etc. I just hope its true. I have the HUGE Spensers figures (1/4?) from a couple years ago (Destroyer) and those rule! I'd rather have 1/6 than 1/4 though.

We need one figure a 1/6 Lemmy M@#$$% #$@^&* Kilmister.

Other stuff I would buy
Tom petty
Gwar
Angus Young
David lee Roth
Dio
Ozzy

probably a lot more.

Grandma has never heard a Jimi Hendrix recording in her life but still knows his name.

lol Good One Tom...point well taken!!! I really hope they can have agood balance of both.......Elvis for Grandma too.....;)

cant wait to see the first offering.

Back