Legend Studio Master Light House display case

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cryoguns

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=LGS10004&mode=retail

Has anyone else purchased one of these and had issues? I bought one of the large ones for my HT 1/4 scale Terminator Endo, but can't get the lighting to cooperate. Whether I'm using the USB power or AAA batteries, all the lights flicker on and then right back off within 1/2 second. I've tried all 8 lights plugged in, just one light plugged in, etc...same thing every time.

Both the top and bottom are completely separate, just seems really odd that both would be severely defective right from the factory.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=LGS10004&mode=retail

Has anyone else purchased one of these and had issues? I bought one of the large ones for my HT 1/4 scale Terminator Endo, but can't get the lighting to cooperate. Whether I'm using the USB power or AAA batteries, all the lights flicker on and then right back off within 1/2 second. I've tried all 8 lights plugged in, just one light plugged in, etc...same thing every time.

Both the top and bottom are completely separate, just seems really odd that both would be severely defective right from the factory.

did u read the instruction? thers a way on turning on the light aside from the physical switch where the batts are. there's a sensor fort he lights to turn on...

I had the same issue until I realized that the lights are touch sensitive. Click the switch on and then run your finger along the front black edge on the top portion and then the same on the bottom. Use the same method to turn them off.

That's exactly what it was...thanks! Kinda poor instructions which is why I didn't pick up on it at first. It wasn't clearly mentioned in the text and the picture was just a wireframe finger (not even a hand) with an arrow. I mistook "light senser" (their spelling) for a motion sensor or a light level sensor.

Since there was no mentioning of exactly how to get the lights to stay on, I was banging each piece on the granite counter, not really sure why. I was so frustrated that every one of my four cases was like this, I thought they were damaged in shipping.

Ebay has something called "Legend Studio Master Light House LED_ Display case 01 White _figure LS001Y" listed for $65 bucks plus......wait for it.....$55 shipping for total of beau'coup dollars. I sure hope Sideshow's shipping fee is nowhere near that. I just gave Sideshow even more money for 2013 and bought two yesterday. Dang. Time to put this laptop down.

Yeah that's probably from Asian shipped. Sideshow should be at $10 as its smaller than some of the stuff they ship for that price.

I wish Sideshow would give the shipping amount. These cases are heavy, they weigh 9 lbs. each. The box isn't big since all the pieces are flat and fit well into a smaller box with no packing material.

How are you guys liking these display cases?

They look nice from the pics but sometimes the reality doesn't match the advertisement.

How is it ? I presume this is the sixth scale version?
Personally, I ordered 24 in total , 6 of each color , white and black , sixth and quarter scale lol . I know I need help. Thing is, I figured if they were as good as the reviews suggest , they would sell out quickly at this price and we won't find a similar priced alternative.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Damn mate, 24?! Do you have some kind of hardwiring plan for the lights?
Regardless, I have three myself and they look quite sleek. I like them.

Yeah was thinking of the same . Can't be bothered with batteries for that many. Question , can they be stacked ? Please say yes....

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

mirror is on the reverse side white. Things tend to look to busy with the mirrored side out. I like more of a clean look with high color contrast.

Bought a 1/4 scale after christmas, was really surprised at how bad it was flimsy plastic flexi glass windows.... lights that need to be threatened before they work and the mirrored back covered in tiny scratches........would not recommend.

How are you guys liking these display cases?

They look nice from the pics but sometimes the reality doesn't match the advertisement.

I have four of these that I got back in July. I really like them and am ordering four more. I wish Sideshow would give an approximate shipping price because I can order these directly from the manufacturer, but the shipping from overseas can be brutal since these weigh in at 9lbs. If Sideshow can deliver these at a reasonable rate, I would buy from them.

How is the lighting? In Full Metal Hippie's pic of the T-800, it looks dim and ineffective. Bad camera shot?

That is from the camera. I tried several times myself to take photo's and I can't seem to get it to look descent. In person, they look great. The easy positioning of each individual light is great for highlighting certain areas of the body or sculpt.

Back