Legacy AVATAR Neytiri Maquette- Pre-order June 9th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been a while since I posted pictures anywhere so this took me a bit longer than i thought. Overall I am very happy with this statue. Really only had 2 issues with it.

1. I could not figure out how to get the bow into her left hand, but I need to work with it some more to see if I can figure it out. The bow just looks too large to fit.

2. The base lights did not work. When I tried to unplug the adapter the plugin pulled out of the base as can be seen in the photos. I still have to contact SS about this.

I'm not the best at taking photos, but if there are any requests for different views just let me know.

IMG_0857.jpg

IMG_0858.jpg

IMG_0859.jpg

IMG_0860.jpg

IMG_0862.jpg

IMG_0863.jpg

IMG_0864.jpg

IMG_0865.jpg

IMG_0866.jpg

IMG_0867.jpg

More pics. The dagger and arrow heads are made of clear plastic, they look pretty cool.

IMG_0868.jpg

IMG_0869.jpg

IMG_0870.jpg

IMG_0873.jpg

IMG_0874.jpg

IMG_0876.jpg

IMG_0877.jpg

plug_1.jpg

Sure did, first as part of my effort to make more collection more grand and large scale, less small stuff.

I hear you, I've been selling my smaller statues to make space for bigger statues because bigger is even better :)

Btw, did you order it from Sideshow or Retailer?

I ordered mine from retailer and have no shipping date yet. People who ordered it from sideshow should get this beauty first. Can't wait to own it. I saw her at the Con, she is a beauty hopefully we have no issues with quality control.

I hear you, I've been selling my smaller statues to make space for bigger statues because bigger is even better :)

Btw, did you order it from Sideshow or Retailer?

I ordered mine from retailer and have no shipping date yet. People who ordered it from sideshow should get this beauty first. Can't wait to own it. I saw her at the Con, she is a beauty hopefully we have no issues with quality control.

Ss and I went to the con last year for the main purpose of scouting this out and yeah she is a beauty!

wow, thx u for the pics Ssylyss
I would love to see some comparison shots with other pf too.

how do you feel about her lips? too much color? I can't wait to see her in person.

this will be my centerpiece.

Thanks for the pics very cool , one request ssylyss could you somehow duplicate this pic , as you can see the left ear on pic looks pointy , but I know it's how the pic was taken so if you could get this same angle , I would appreciate it

54f49ed8ffa0de4c84aac114187a4268.jpg
[/IMG]

I'll try to get the same angle as the image you have, but the ear doesnt look that pointy. The other issue is that I took all my initial images at the comic store that my friends own. There was some very bright flourescent light there. I don't have nearly the same brightness in my home. With that in mind I noticed that the right hand appears very dark compared to the rest of the statue. You can kind of see it in last image of my first post. I'll add some more pics with the lighting from my house. Trying to work out an exchange because it doesn't look right. If it weren't for that I would be in love with this statue, everything else is perfect.

It took about 24 hours for my pics to show up maybe cause I'm new to the forum, or is that normal?

I'm not very good at photography, but here is my attempt at matching that image. The face shape looks a bit different than the image you have.

IMG_0909.jpg

IMG_0911.jpg

IMG_0912.jpg

Here is the discoloured hand I mentioned earlier:

IMG_0886.jpg

IMG_0891.jpg

IMG_0896.jpg

I have to say in the photos the lips look a lot more colourful than they are in real life. Possibly they could have been toned down a bit, but it doesn't bother me at all.

I'll try to get a group shot of the other Neytiri statues I have but its hard to get them in one shot because of the scale.

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmm the blue color on the right hand looks too dark and yeah from the pics the lipstick is too thick.

Were you able to get the light up feature to work?

So do you like this neytiri LSF a lot better than the neytiri statue? We are talking $1300 difference here.

I saw the prototype at the comic con and loved it, I know pics don't the justice, I hope in person the production piece looks much better.

Either my adapter or my base is broken so I did not get it to work, but I'm more worried about the hand colour. If I can get both of those fixed I will be very, very pleased with this purchase.

I like the LSF a lot more, so for me the $1300 difference is well worth it. The scale and detail of the statue is amazing. The only thing better would be life size, but I'm sure that would be $6-10k.

Thank you ssylyss those pictures are great, the face is very different which makes me think that they are two completely different sculpts same with the hair , and necklace, but still a very cool statue to own and can't wait to get mine,

So far the pics make me glad I just picked up the 300 buck statue and cancelled the maquette. I almost can't justify paying almost 2 grand after all is said and done, for a blown up version of the smaller statue.

I would be pissed at the imperfections or that hand color.

Either my adapter or my base is broken so I did not get it to work, but I'm more worried about the hand colour. If I can get both of those fixed I will be very, very pleased with this purchase.

I like the LSF a lot more, so for me the $1300 difference is well worth it. The scale and detail of the statue is amazing. The only thing better would be life size, but I'm sure that would be $6-10k.

Is the right hand a separate piece or attached to the body? It seems like it's attached, I would ask Sideshow a replacement for the whole statue considering your base has an inssue too. With the amount of money you paid you deserve the statue without those issues. Have you contacted Sideshow? I am sure they will send you a new one and asked for you to send yours back to them.

I am glad you like this LSF much better than the $300 statue, I can't wait to get mine :)

So far the pics make me glad I just picked up the 300 buck statue and cancelled the maquette. I almost can't justify paying almost 2 grand after all is said and done, for a blown up version of the smaller statue.

I would be pissed at the imperfections or that hand color.

Don't get me wrong I like the $300 one too, although I still need to fix the hair line. If SS won't replace it then I will be pissed, until then its like getting an in home sneak preview. :wink1:

Is the right hand a separate piece or attached to the body? It seems like it's attached, I would ask Sideshow a replacement for the whole statue considering your base has an inssue too. With the amount of money you paid you deserve the statue without those issues. Have you contacted Sideshow? I am sure they will send you a new one and asked for you to send yours back to them.

I am glad you like this LSF much better than the $300 statue, I can't wait to get mine :)

The right hand is attached to the body. I called SS the same day and sent in my photos of the problems. They said it could take a few days to get reviewed and they would get back to me. I'll keep you posted on what they say. I honestly can't see why they wouldnt replace the entire thing.

Back