Legacy AVATAR Neytiri Maquette- Pre-order June 9th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PICS here..https://statueforum.com/showpost.php?p=3939244&postcount=122

WTF happened to the white dots on her face?!?!?!?
Come'on Sideshow! It looks like you had a 2 year old paint those dots!!!!!
There's no pattern to them at all!
They better fix that!

I think the production pieces will turn out better. Even the factory workers can paint lines better than that.
The blue is probably bright because of their lighting. They did the same with their maquette.

I'm really not sure if I'm going to order one at all now. :mad:

Hmm, I guess I am not uber picky but it still looks pretty damn good to me.

I like this Neytiri Maquette - Especially the size and the museum pose. Pity about the paint job, I really hope the production piece will look as good or better than what we have seen so far (yes the sloppily painted dots are an issue). I also wished they had used real fabric on the maquette like in the PFs. All the sculpted bits just doesn't work well for something of this scale.

Totally agree, I think it looks awesome. The only thing I can point out (like others) is the white dots. Still don't think its as bad as people are making it out to be though.:huh

I agree with your statement, but I also agree that if the price point is anywhere near or north of 1k it should be as screen accurate as possible. That being said I will still have a tough time not POing this.

Didn't SSC use decals for the dots on their Neytiri statue? they'll probably switch to those on this, so no need to worry about the dots imo.

I've been collecting statues for about two years and this looks fantastic, top 5 best in design and paint and base so far that i've seen. What do you think this will retail for?

Oh and...

400071_press05.jpg

Is it Beastiality???

I agree with your statement, but I also agree that if the price point is anywhere near or north of 1k it should be as screen accurate as possible. That being said I will still have a tough time not POing this.

Yeah, lets hope its not over 1k:pray:

It may be against the laws of nature but as duke says "i'd still hit it"

Quick question about flexing this bad-girl, assuming i made three payments but had to cancel, the terms say i'd have to pay a cancellation fee of $60 but do i get the money i paid in back?

You'd lose your non refundable deposit as well if they have one on this? but you'd get the rest of the money you've paid back.

Looks a lot more blue in these pics but i'm sure it's the same one that THX took pics of at the show and that one looked awesome! I hope it's under $800 so i can order one. :yess:

If their was any translucent paint used, that might explain why the official pics look more vibrant. If that's the case, light is bouncing off of the bright base coat and punching back out through the translucent blues.

If their was any translucent paint used, that might explain why the official pics look more vibrant. If that's the case, light is bouncing off of the bright base coat and punching back out through the translucent blues.

:exactly:

Yeah don't get me wrong these pictures still look great! the blue was just a bit more natural on THX pics. :)

Thanks for posting these pics. :hi5:

Looks a lot more blue in these pics but i'm sure it's the same one that THX took pics of at the show and that one looked awesome! I hope it's under $800 so i can order one. :yess:

It's not the same piece that THx took pics of. That one had the dots painted right. But like someone said earlier maybe they'll use decals and get the dots right.

It's not the same piece that THx took pics of. That one had the dots painted right. But like someone said earlier maybe they'll use decals and get the dots right.

It was me that said about the decals. :)

I didn't notice the different dots, but like i said i'm sure it will be fine once it's ready to ship.

Back