Legacy AVATAR Neytiri Maquette- Pre-order June 9th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woot Order Number: TB******

Despite my _____ing about the price, which still sucks...I do somewhat get the price tag. And I just want this massive piece in my collection. I waited what seems like over a year for this to become available. And I love the movie and the character and we got more on the way soon.
This is the craziest and most expensive piece I will own right now.
But I have till 2012 to prepare for the cost.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried to explain that we would have over 6 months to prepare for the cost, but still a no go. I'm currently working on a spreadsheet to show my wife the plan.

I really want this piece......

My wife is not going to know what this costs! lol
And she doesn't even have to know that I locked myself in to get this.
All I will say sometime between now and then, is that I am being careful and taking my time to put aside personal cash to treat myself. She also knows as of late, I haven't spent or splurged on anything for myself and have not even gotten another collectible in a very long time. Last thing I got was the Alien Warrior Maquette.

Looking at the Zoom Gallery I'm surprised about the lack of mixed media. Her necklaces, armbands, arrow fletching, etc., are all sculpted. It looks like only the front of her "skirt" is actual cloth.

Some close-up observations...

picture10om.jpg

picture9kx.jpg

For this price, blue paint on the hair braids is unacceptable!

picture8pu.jpg

This looks odd to me, shouldnt it be red not brown on the edges? brown seems to be weathering on other armbands but on the red one the whole edging is brown.

If these blemishes were on a smaller 1/4 or 1/5 statue, they might not be as noticeable, but with Neytiri being 36" high and the body size in proportion to that height then they will be more noticeable.

I'm planning to order this around December, if my other pre-order damage isn't too bad by then, but with the price of this statue it would have to be perfect without flaws.

I know, I know "human error", "nothing is ever perfect" but again for this price >> PERFECT

I REALLY wish they would put the lights back in.
I might get this from Mike. Then again I'd get $80 in points and be able to flex pay if I order through SSC.

Some close-up observations...

picture10om.jpg

picture9kx.jpg

For this price, blue paint on the hair braids is unacceptable!

picture8pu.jpg

This looks odd to me, shouldnt it be red not brown on the edges? brown seems to be weathering on other armbands but on the red one the whole edging is brown.

If these blemishes were on a smaller 1/4 or 1/5 statue, they might not be as noticeable, but with Neytiri being 36" high and the body size in proportion to that height then they will be more noticeable.

I'm planning to order this around December, if my other pre-order damage isn't too bad by then, but with the price of this statue it would have to be perfect without flaws.

I know, I know "human error", "nothing is ever perfect" but again for this price >> PERFECT

Oh come on now. Here we go lol
I personally don't care about these tiny minute details or imperfections. And even at her SCALE, it's not going to be that bad, unless you like to stare at it that close.
Because even though I'm sure there are imperfections in my Predator and Alien Warrior Maquette, as a WHOLE, when you admire them, you don't notice or care about those zoomed in little issues.
I don't anyway.

Why no pictures of her left side?

Just a couple close ups.

Guess we'll have to wait for the 360, which, btw, can't they put up, they have the statue right there...

I kinda agree with Nova.
At this scale and price they should be near perfect. This piece is of Cinemaquette size and price. The ones I have are painted to perfection. They could be better but, there aren't any spots missing paint.

I kinda agree with Nova.
At this scale and price they should be near perfect. This piece is of Cinemaquette size and price. The ones I have are painted to perfection. They could be better but, there aren't any spots missing paint.
Seriously. If it was at a much lower price.. 300$ or so, the issues wouldn't be a big deal.
But at SIXTEEN HUNDRED DOLLARS it should be FLAWLESS.

The sloppy hair paint is something you will notice when it's in your hands because of the size..

So now it seems that SS 'demand' a NRD (and not a small one), without even declaring the edition size. What happens if you order, the ES is set at 500+ (meaning you will always be able to get it cheaper), can you cancel your order and get your money back?

I prefer no light up feature. It always seems to be the cheapest part of a high end collectible, no matter how its implemented.

I agree with you. Not a single one of my four SW PF's light up. Im dreading Cyclops and I will keep sending him back till it works. I dont want lights.

I was very tempted to pick this up today but I hope to wait till SDCC to see it in person then decide. If I wanted to order this I would cancel

Beast Comiquette
HT ALice
HT Superman
PF Gollum
PF She Hulk
PF Lara Croft

Just some perspective for myself. I do think she looks good.

I will buy this only when I get the jungle props like the ones behind in the promotional picture on the SSC site. :lol:lol:lol

But on a serious note I am just in two minds because at $1599 I am getting a decent collectible which I am not exactly a die-hard fan of and at $1999.99 I am getting the Toynami Batmobile which is huge and has all the light up features (not exactly a priority). So the NRD is pretty much the same on both. And I am pretty much a batman fan since before as I have the complete Hot Toys Batman collection including the Batpod and the Batmobile. But if I buy the Toynami Batmobile then the Toynami Batwing is a must... $1499.99. Including shipping and customs total would be $4.5k.... Damn Confused now. :slap:slap

Back