Left 4 Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Left 4 Dead 2 @ E3?

20 bucks says LFD3 will take place at an amusement park. Also, how is he knocking 3 arms and 2 heads off with one swing of a baseball bat in that video???

20 bucks says LFD3 will take place at an amusement park. Also, how is he knocking 3 arms and 2 heads off with one swing of a baseball bat in that video???

I have no problem with that. I would actually want to play as Woody !!!!!:rock

wrong...left 4 dead 2 already has a mission called dark carnival based in an amusement ground and has zombie clowns

noob :rotfl

Details on Xbox live demo:

I PO'd this at Gamestop....I wonder how I'd access the demo early....

wrong...left 4 dead 2 already has a mission called dark carnival based in an amusement ground and has zombie clowns noob :rotfl

:lol On a similar note, I remember someone was independently working on a Shaun of the Dead mod for the first game....I wonder if anyone will tackle a Zombieland mod of the new one

I PO'd this at Gamestop....I wonder how I'd access the demo early....

If you pre-ordered in store they are suppose to give you a code in store. But I never got one.....again this information was released after I pre-ordered it. If you want early access, just email Gamestop and tell them the issue and eventually they will ask for your receipt ID w/ the pre-order on it and they should then email you the code.

Has this been posted? "Leaked" CG trailer:

<div style="width: 480px;"><object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="https://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" id="gtembed" width="480" height="392"> <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" /> <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /> <param name="movie" value="https://www.gametrailers.com/remote_wrap.php?mid=58013"/><param name="quality" value="high" /> <embed src="https://www.gametrailers.com/remote_wrap.php?mid=58013" swLiveConnect="true" name="gtembed" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" allowFullScreen="true" quality="high" pluginspage="https://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="392"></embed> </object><div style="font-size: 10px; font-family: Verdana; text-align: center; width: 480px; padding-top: 2px; padding-bottom: 2px; background-color: black; height: 32px;"><div><a style="color:#FFFFFF;" href="https://www.gametrailers.com" title="GameTrailers.com">Video Games</a> | <a style="color:#FFFFFF;" href="https://www.gametrailers.com/game/left-4-dead-2/11391" title="Left 4 Dead 2">Left 4 Dead 2</a> | <a style="color:#FFFFFF;" href="https://www.gametrailers.com/video/leaked-zombie-left-4-dead/58013" title="Leaked Zombie Survival Guide Trailer">Leaked Zombie Survival Guide Trailer</a></div><div style="padding-top: 3px;"><a style="color:#FFFFFF;" href="https://xbox360.gametrailers.com/" title="XBox 360">XBox 360</a> | <a style="color:#FFFFFF;" href="https://ps3.gametrailers.com/" title="PS3">Playstation 3</a> | <a style="color:#FFFFFF;" href="https://wii.gametrailers.com/" title="Wii">Nintendo Wii</a></div></div></div>

L4D2 will award the avatars of skilled Xbox 360 gamers with frying pans, themed T-shirts and med kits, according to text found buried in the game's demo by Steam forum posters.

Steam poster Fade Guy said he found a list of Avatar Awards in a file that also mentions a commentary mode featuring audio be Gabe Newell for the game.

Here's the full list of Avatar Awards and how you earn them, according to Fade Guy:

Med Kit: Earned by beating all five campaigns.
Bull Shifters Shirt: earned by winning 10 games of Versus.
A Left 4 Dead 2 shirt: Earned by winning 10 games of Scavenge.
Zombie Hand Shirt: Earned by killing 10,000 Infected.
Depeche Mode Shirt: Earned by rescuing Gnome Chompski from the Dark Carnival.

I believe this will be only the second game to support Avatar goodies that you can unlock through gameplay.

just played the demo...it's everything good in the first X2

so much fun smacking a zombie in the face with a guitar

L4D was a day one purchase for me, and while uber fun, I felt burned by its incredibly short lenght. So much so, I am hesitating with this one

Have they indicated how long this will be? Or how many campaigns? 4 for the 1st game was not enough

5 longer campaigns

Dead Center
Dark Carnival
Swamp Fever
Hard Rain
The Parish

Downloaded the demo last night and played through it today. Seems pretty fun, but that can be cause I havnt touched the first one in months. Favorite character from 1 was Zoey and for 2 it's gotta be Ellis.

Demo kicks ass. I've been playing the first one since launch and this one looks like it'll take a lot of time away from COD:MW2.

360 Achievements.

PRICE CHOPPER 20
Survive the Dead Center campaign.

MIDNIGHT RIDER 20
Survive the Dark Carnival campaign.

RAGIN' CAJUN 20
Survive the Swamp Fever campaign.

WEATHERMAN 20
Survive the Hard Rain campaign.

BRIDGE BURNER 20
Survive the Parish campaign.

STILL SOMETHING TO PROVE 35
Survive all campaigns on Expert.

THE REAL DEAL 35
Survive a campaign on Expert skill with Realism mode enabled.

CONFEDERACY OF CRUNCHES 30
Finish a campaign using only melee weapons.

HEAD HONCHO 15
Decapitate 200 Infected with a melee weapon.

CLUB DEAD 15
Use every melee weapon to kill Common Infected.

CHAIN OF COMMAND 15
Kill 100 Common Infected with the chainsaw.

TANK BURGER 30
Kill a Tank with melee weapons.

SHOCK JOCK 30
Revive 10 dead Survivors with the defibrillator.

THE QUICK AND THE DEAD 30
Revive 10 incapacitated Survivors while under the speed-boosting effects of adrenaline.

ARMORY OF ONE 15
Deploy an ammo upgrade and have your team use it.

BURNING SENSATION 15
Ignite 50 Common Infected with incendiary ammo.

DISMEMBERMENT PLAN 20
Kill 15 Infected with a single grenade launcher blast.

SEPTIC TANK 15
Use a bile bomb on a Tank.

CRASS MENAGERIE 20
Kill one of each Uncommon Infected.

DEAD IN THE WATER 20
Kill 10 swampy Mudmen while they are in the water.

ROBBED ZOMBIE 15
Collect 10 vials of Boomer vomit from infected CEDA agents you have killed.

CL0WND 15
Honk the noses of 10 Clowns.

FRIED PIPER 15
Using a Molotov, burn a Clown leading at least 10 Common Infected.

LEVEL A CHARGE 15
Kill a Charger with a melee weapon while they are charging.

ACID REFLEX 15
Kill a Spitter before she is able to spit.

A RIDE DENIED 15
Kill a Jockey within 2 seconds of it jumping on a Survivor.

STACHE WHACKER 15
Prove you are faster than Moustachio.

GONG SHOW 15
Prove you are stronger than Moustachio.

GUARDIN' GNOME 30
Rescue Gnome Chompski from the Carnival.

WING AND A PRAYER 30
Defend yourself at the crashed airliner without taking damage.

SOB STORY 30
Navigate the sugar mill and reach the safe room without killing any Witches.

VIOLENCE IN SILENCE 30
Navigate the impound lot and reach the cemetary safe room without tripping any alarms.

BRIDGE OVER TREBLED SLAUGHTER 30
Cross the bridge finale in less than three minutes.

HEARTWARMER 20
In a Versus round, leave the saferoom to defibrillate a dead teammate.

STRENGTH IN NUMBERS 15
Form a team and beat an enemy team in 4v4 Versus or Scavenge.

QUALIFIED RIDE 15
As the Jockey, ride a Survivor for more than 12 seconds.

BACK IN THE SADDLE 15
As the Jockey, ride the Survivors twice in a single life.

RODE HARD, PUT AWAY WET 20
As the Jockey, ride a Survivor and steer them into a Spitter's acid patch.

GREAT EXPECTORATIONS 15
As the Spitter, hit every Survivor with a single acid patch.

A SPITTLE HELP FROM MY FRIENDS 15
As the Spitter, spit on a Survivor being choked by a Smoker.

SCATTERING RAM 20
As the Charger, bowl through the entire enemy team in a single charge.

MEAT TENDERIZER 20
As the Charger, grab a Survivor and smash them into the ground for a solid 15 seconds.

LONG DISTANCE CARRIER 15
As the Charger, grab a Survivor and carry them over 80 feet.

BEAT THE RUSH 15
In a Survival round, get a medal only using melee weapons.

HUNTING PARTY 15
Win a game of Scavenge.

GAS GUZZLER 20
Collect 100 gas cans in Scavenge.

CACHE AND CARRY 20
Collect 15 gas cans in a single Scavenge round.

SCAVENGE HUNT 15
Stop the enemy team from collecting any gas cans during a Scavenge round.

FUEL CRISIS 15
Make a Survivor drop a gas can during overtime.

GAS SHORTAGE 20
Cause 25 gas can drops as a Special Infected

At least there are no impossible achievements like "NO SPECIAL INFECTED DAMAGE FOR A WHOLE MAP" sort of thing. These actually seem easier than the first.

Went ahead and am trying my hand at making an Ellis figure, and so far I got the basic's of him so far. I need to do still:

Paint the hat proper
Find a yellow shirt
Get the shirt to tie around waist
Find a way to add tattoo to arm

Figured the headsculpt from the Narrow TT looked close enough to him, so went ahead and decided on using that.

IMG_2650.jpg

IMG_2647.jpg

Demo kicks ass. I've been playing the first one since launch and this one looks like it'll take a lot of time away from COD:MW2.

That's a BOLD statement!

A week doesn't count as a lot of time. The first game is great,but after a week I was bored with it and glad I only rented it rather than buying it. MW2 will be around for a lot longer, but I just hope that we get more than one stinking map pack for it like the first MW game.

A week doesn't count as a lot of time. The first game is great,but after a week I was bored with it and glad I only rented it rather than buying it. MW2 will be around for a lot longer, but I just hope that we get more than one stinking map pack for it like the first MW game.

2 already planned for mw2....timed 360 exclusive

Back