Leather Armored Medieval Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FichtenFoo

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
I wanted to post my first major custom action figure and leather work. I'm typically a scale modeler but have been getting into 1:6 figures and customizing stuff lately. Here's a 1:6 full custom Medieval Batman with leather armor I've been working on the past week and a half. I'm still waiting on a head sculpt I ordered before I can start the cowl (need the head first to assure a good fit when constructing) The material is all leather, 2-oz veg tan tooling and sheepskin pliver. Fun to work with, but not without challenges. Also various metal findings, 1/16" eyelets, and D-ring belt-loops I bent myself. I still need to add rivets (steel fabric pins) to much of the armor as I did for the chest so far. Utility belt still needs rivets as well.

I'm still sewing together the pants and shirt that go under this as well as working on the boots. The ones in the pics were just for practice based on someone's amazing tutorial on leather boots which is what inspired me to do this.

Plus I figure leather armor would be better than heavy plate. Batman is all about speed and stealth after all. :)

Will be making a girl Robin to go with him, but more on her later as she's currently just in my head.

Thanks!

FichtenFoo-Medeival-Bat-05.jpgFichtenFoo-Medeival-Bat-04.jpgFichtenFoo-Medeival-Bat-03.jpgFichtenFoo-Medeival-Bat-02.jpgFichtenFoo-Medeival-Bat-01.jpg

Phenomenal work. I do not think I have seen 1:6 leather work so finely cut.

Can I ask where you get eyelets that small? And do bend your own wire or source the buckles and other hardware?

Thanks guys!

Eyelets and the tool. Gotta get the eyelet tool (and a small jewelery hammer... easier to work with than a regular sized when doing fine work)! https://www.volcanoarts.com/cart/eyelets/

The buckles I made myself using floral wire. The circles are jewelery jump-rings from Michael's Crafts. (bead landing brand)

I do not think I have seen 1:6 leather work so finely cut.

Also about the fine cutting... Not sure what I did, but now that you mention it I've seen some choppy leatherwork out there when I was researching scale saddles especially. (for another project, but a bat-stallion could be cool... been considering it) I just made use I used a sharp, (SHARP!) xacto blade or box-cutter depending on the cut. With the box-cutter I use it more for straight cuts that I can just apply downward guillotine-like force to. Also helps to wet the flesh-side edges and push the rough into place rather than leaving it fly out everywhere. Helps with the sense of scale.

Best advice though... DON'T USE SCISSORS!

Damn, this looks like it will be super badass.

Very Cool! I've been a fan of your other websites for many years. I'm glad to see you over here!

Back