LEAK!!!! Pics of final statues to be revealed at SDCC!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: LEAK!!!! Pics of final statues to be reveiled at SDCC!!!

" a bender",, that made me laugh out loud, I've not heard that saying for years !

shell
x
:toast :gimli

None of my comments are made with any malice whatsoever. I am a teacher in everyday life and find the best tool for getting through the day is a sense of humour. It helps me and it helps the kids.

I am not homophobic nor do I host any other prejudices against any other group. When you work as a teacher, you meet hundreds upon hundreds of different people from all walks of life and all all different colours and creeds. Everybody is different and it would be boring if we weren't.

If you feel insulted then you have taken my comment the wrong way. I mean no insults. All I seek is to poke fun in a light-hearted way.

Thats fine CCT its just that when you read posts its difficult sometimes to get the real tone behind them, I took it as a nasty remark which it obviously wasn't I see that now, so lets get back to discussing the hot issues of the day!!!
Hmmm..................

Have I started a "bender" attack on this forum???:lol

SS are you listening we want a GAY ORC STATUE!!!!

Equal rights man!!!

and that my fellow hobbits, WAS A JOKE!!!!:clap :clap :clap

Well, I for one, don't find your nasty comments funny at all and you are on a par with Diesel in your warped sense of humor and not appreciated at all. You're a teacher, eh? Well, if the teachers they are pumping out now are all like you, then I really feel sorry for the students you teach. Your comments have been malicious and nasty and have no place on a forum of polystone. How'd you like it if people started slamming teachers? no? then leave people alone and just remember the words that mom has been teaching for years. "If you can't say something nice, then keep your mouth shut" Those are good words to live by and I would hope that you take them under advisement. Teachers are so influential to our youth of today and by your comments you are influencing the youth. High Elven is 15 years old. Do you really want to be that kind of influence on him? I would hope not.

I hate to say it, but I agree with CCT on this one.

Everything has to be so PC now on this board....

Relax people. We all still share the same passion.

Some people are really overreacting here and need to learn to take a joke.

It may have been a shot at Josh but he replied to it well IMO.

IT'S A JOKE GUYS.

There is a line but this was nothing IMO.

The problem here is that when someone says something that is basically an attack on a fellow board member and people get upset, then it IS something and needs to be addressed. Just telling people to relax and not worry about it is not fair. The statements that made people react should never have been made in the first place. I do't know about you Gruson, but I'm not here to read about this person being gay or that person being witty, I'm here for the comaraderie of the board and polystone. I don't give a rat's a$$ if anyone is gay, has a college degree, lives in a mansion or in a shack. I'm here to share with others that have a common interest, and when personal attacks are made on fellow board members, that is not acceptable.

Agree with Gruson, but understand Beru. I haven't been offended by anything on this thread, and honestly didn't notice anything CCT had said. I can take a joke and "gay jokes" are just as funny as any other joke. I only have two requirements, A. they are funny an B. the person telling them can take what they dish. If that's the case... its all gravvy.

I only tunned in when HE was taking a jab at Josh. And don't tell me it was just a joke. YOU may have found it funny, but that doesn't mean it wasn't just a lame opportunity to hurl another insult at someone you may not care for. I know Josh can handle himself, it just pisses me off when I see people hurling insults at each other and then saying, "oh lighten up.. it was just a joke." That is the difference, CCT WAS joking... you may find it funny or you may not, but i do believe they were jokes. HE on the other hand was just being rude.

But hey, those are just my 2 Cents

ANYWAY, to get back on topic.... those new statues are FABULOUS!

Guys its all good. I said my piece at the comment by CCT. The insults do get old so lets flush this thread into the crapper and forget about it.

Ok, to get back on topic...

Fub, your pictures won't show up. In the event that other people suffer from that too, here they are hosted on my machine:

Bilbo Baggins wearing the One Ring.jpg

Frodo wearing the One Ring.jpg

:mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha ,,,,,superb !

xx

Whats the ES? The sculpt is great. Who did it?

Well, I for one, don't find your nasty comments funny at all and you are on a par with Diesel in your warped sense of humor and not appreciated at all. You're a teacher, eh? Well, if the teachers they are pumping out now are all like you, then I really feel sorry for the students you teach. Your comments have been malicious and nasty and have no place on a forum of polystone. How'd you like it if people started slamming teachers? no? then leave people alone and just remember the words that mom has been teaching for years. "If you can't say something nice, then keep your mouth shut" Those are good words to live by and I would hope that you take them under advisement. Teachers are so influential to our youth of today and by your comments you are influencing the youth. High Elven is 15 years old. Do you really want to be that kind of influence on him? I would hope not.

I am afraid that you clearly do not live in the real world. I am around kids all of the time. I catch the train to and from work on which I constantly hear the way in which they talk to each other and I tutor several kids. If you think that such comments would warp a young mind then I think you understimate kids. They say much harsher things when they want and they are able to differentiate between a comment meant as a joke and a malicious and vindictive statement meant to inflict hurt and emotional pain. As a teacher, I feel it is important that kids can differentiate between the two and covering their ears until they reach 18 only leaves them ill-prepared.

It is clear that you are not a teacher and I suspect that you would not last five minutes in front of a class of 30 kids. I'm afraid the world in which everybody is polite to one another can only be found on the leaves of a book and if you cannot prepare pupils for the hurdles and situations that they will meet in the future then it is just as well that you have chosen an alternative profession.

Anyway, I'm off down the Blue Oyster for a lemon and lime...

Hey Lash they are superb and you have just made me realise that I actually HAVE got ALL the statues from the series even the ones that SS didnt release!!! I would post the photos of mine but its just that my ones dont have the bases with them and thats the only difference to yours so you have made me a very happy man!!!

Love my Faramir and Eomer statues best of all you should see how the light catches them, WOW!!! and as for my huge environment of RIVENDELL, well........words escape me!!

Isn't imagination a wonderful thing??

:lol

CCT you are a brat!!:rollin

lemon and lime? on the rocks I hope!!!:lol

Great pics, thanks Lasher(I couldn't see them in the first post) . I thought the lack of pictures WAS the joke. :doh These are even better.

As far as the direction this thread has taken...my post about Diesel being played by CCT was sort of a joke. Posts have been, shall I say, reminiscently antagonistic, if you get my drift? Personally I try not to take any posts that are off color or derogatory too seriously, but this is not my primary forum in part to the atmosphere here.

Just had to press pause on one of my favourite movies - American Pie 3 - as I'm practising my moves for the Blue Oyster (the bit where Stiffler has a dance-off with the big guy) - for later on.:banana

Definitely need the ice to cool me down with all those hunky guys in their leathers!!!!

Tell me Sweetpeas, does my bum look big in this?

oh oh CCT!!! Thats got to be lock on this thread now!!

And somehow I don't think thats you in the photo! :clap

Uhhhhhh........:thud

Thought I was going to have a stroke (no pun intended) I was laughing so hard when I saw the dance scene the first time.

THIS THEAD OFFFICIALLY KICKS ASS AGAIN!!!!!!

(pun intended)

:banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana

Stiffler....:drool

sure its only a bit of crack!! (see photo!)
Ok someone lock this thread cos its gone into hyper mode now!!!

PS who are your Sweetpeas CCT? :clap

Back