LasVegasYankee customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LasVegasYankee

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I've been collecting 1/6 for a few months. Absolutely love them. However, I can't find a Jedi that I like. So, after reading some of the threads here, I've decided to make my own. There is only one problem...

I really have no idea what I'm doing!

So, this goes out to all you vets. Time to take a noob under your wings and groom him. Of course, I don't want to spend an arm an a leg. I do have some 1/6 GI Joe accessories I'm willing to trade/sell for stuff I need.

I do have some modeling experience. But it's been years since I picked up a brush.

So, first question...

Which body to purchase? UPDATE - Hot Toys TTM 21 purchased.

Looking for some clothing. Anyone have a line on getting some flight pants. Thinking of something like Luke's Bespin pants with the pockets on the thighs. If anyone has any to sell or trade (I don't have much.) let me know. They don't have to be Star Wars specific pants.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Last edited:
Re: LasVegasYankee custom help

I would go on Google images to get some ideas. Do you want a human form or alien from? That should get you started. As for bodies HotToys is the best and for 1/6 parts Toyanxiety is good site.

Human form. Not sure if going with femali or male. I've looked a quite a few bodies. To tell the truth, sometimes I can't tell the difference between Sideshow, Hot Toys, etc.

Welcome! I started in July so i am on that learning curve with you. I have mainly clones myself and am just beginning to jump into that jedi category.

It sounds like you want a human jedi.

I think after you decide male or female you should consider the head you want. Do you want a main character or are you making a new previously unknown jedi? The reason i say this is that you may want a particular head. (After all it is, in my opinion, the most important part. It sets the tone and feel for the figure.) Not all heads and bodies are interchangeable.

When you choose a head then it may be easier to identify a body to go with it. I agree that Hot Toys has an excellent body. I also like their head sculpts. The Hot Toys Luke came on a slim TTM 22 body I believe.
I think I have read posts that suggest that a regular TTM 21 fit better with jedi robes.

After you decided on a head hat fits a body then you can get hands and feet that fit the body. This is where sticking with one company makes it easier.

After that grab some hasbro or sideshow robes and you got it!

Happy hunting and keep us posted along the way!

Here is something I found. The first one is simple but just having the wrappings around the selves would set your figure a part.

jedi%20dress.jpg

Yeah, I really like the wraps on that first one also. Think I might use this.

My primary inspiration is Galen Marek. My character is going to be one that escaped the Order 66 purge. Gotta have the worn and tattered look of a man on the run.

Galen-Marek by LasVegasYankee

I'm thinking of adding a kama. I've always thought those things were cool ever since I say them for the first time in TESB.

I've been looking at different heads. I've noticed some of them have a "neck" while others are just a head (like the ones that came with my clones). Will either work? Or do I have to choose a body first?

Speaking of bodies. Comparing the TTM22 and the TTM21, the TTM21 seems awfully skinny. Not the "hardened hero" look I had in mind. However, since his body will be clothed, I guess it wouldn't matter too much. Any suggestions as to where to get a TTM21? I normally hit eBay for these things but I'm always open to suggestions. (Is there a buy/sell forum? I've spent all my time on the Star Wars section, I haven't looked around the entire site.)

Check out our buy sell forum. Also check out various hobby stores on the Internet. Toy anxiety, monkey depot, black ops toys are popular but there are many others that I'm sure people can chime in about. I think sideshow collectibles has some on preorder. I find eBay to be expensive but you can get deals.
I still think the head sculpt is most important. I would choose a body based off that. Just my 2 cents.
There is that guy from prison break. May be a good sculpt for you. I think it is neckless.

Check out our buy sell forum. Also check out various hobby stores on the Internet. Toy anxiety, monkey depot, black ops toys are popular but there are many others that I'm sure people can chime in about. I think sideshow collectibles has some on preorder. I find eBay to be expensive but you can get deals.
I still think the head sculpt is most important. I would choose a body based off that. Just my 2 cents.
There is that guy from prison break. May be a good sculpt for you. I think it is neckless.

I'll check out the forum when I get home tonight.

Thanks for the Prison Break suggestion. Gonna go with a Dominic Purcell headsculpt.

I'll check out the forum when I get home tonight.

Thanks for the Prison Break suggestion. Gonna go with a Dominic Purcell headsculpt.

Yeah you may want the bigger body then. Slim may be wrong but I don't know if terminator is a good size or not.

Here is my evolution of my Starkiller I used a HT slim then I went with a HT muscle and I like it a lot better. Just have to find a head now.

S8000419.jpg

Picture187.jpg

100_2635_zps0765aa90.jpg

100_2638_zpsb5c192c0.jpg

Lope - what material did you use for wraps? I have been looking for stuff similar to that but have come up empty handed.

Oh - nice custom too. Very creative.

Found a TTM21 body pretty reasonably priced over at Sideshow. But it is on pre-order.

Scouring the forums, I saw mention of Enterbay. Went to their website and saw they have ActionBody figures. What, if any, are the differences between these and the TTM?

LOPIE, nice! Those pics, are they the slim or the muscle?

The first pic is a Slim and the last two are on the muscle.

Lope - what material did you use for wraps? I have been looking for stuff similar to that but have come up empty handed.

Oh - nice custom too. Very creative.

I used an old shirt. I just cut thin strips with a scalpel, then I placed it in hot water to fray the material.

I used an old shirt. I just cut thin strips with a scalpel, then I placed it in hot water to fray the material.

Thanks Lopie, I like the muscle body better. Did you glue that wrap down? The water hint was great too. I don't know where people come up with these great techniques!

Thanks Lopie, I like the muscle body better. Did you glue that wrap down? The water hint was great too. I don't know where people come up with these great techniques!

I did just a dab to get it started then I used some at the end of the wraps to hold it in place.

I just ordered a TTM21 from SSC. Looks like it might take a few weeks. Also ordered a Lincoln Burrows head sculpt from member Animal Mother.

Looking on eBay and here for some Jedi clothes. Not sure yet what I'm looking for. I'll know when I see it. I'm thinking of going with a couple of leather belts like Lopie did.

Found an old t-shirt that I'm going to cut up for the straps for the boots and arms.

Finally, in addition to a lightsaber, I'm gonna give him a blaster. Can't go wrong with a DL-44 and holster. However, I have quite a few GI Joe weapons I just might try to kit bash one.

Nice Lopie. Looking sweet!! :clap

I actually like that head. It looks like the guy from the video game, Star Wars The Force Unleashed. I vote to keep it.

Back