LARGE Captain America...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gatsby191

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hello all. This is my first post on a Forum like this one. I haven't always been a very avid collector of Action Figures. But I now have 3 Nephews, and my interest has really sparked. Was into large scale slot cars for a long time(1/32), but these Boys have now gotten me into the Super Heroes figures. What can I say?, I'm a 50 year old kid who Loves this stuff. Okay, though I am older and can appreciate the SC figures and their great detail and presentation(Have 'Man of Steel', and 'The Dark Knight' so far), my Nephews, ages 5 through 9, are just not ready for the leap into the SC league. The Nephew I am currently trying to purchase a figure for, now wants a 'Captain America' figure. Someone already gave him a very large(like 31 inches tall)Spider Man, and Man of Steel figure, and though He Loves them both, these figures are cool for a 9 year old, but a serious collector wouldn't consider buying them. Welll, I can not find a large scale version of Captain America like the ones my Nephew has of the other 2 figures that I just mentioned. Does anyone know of the manufacturer that makes and sells the 31 inch tall Spiderman? and if so, does this same manufacturer make the Captain America figure in this size too. Please excuse me for any 'rookie' mistakes, that I may have made on my first post. Thank you all. Joe B.

I think its Hasbro that does those, I know they did a Vader and Stormtroopers that large. I'd try ebay

Maybe search " 31 inch hasbro figure "

NECA put out an 18"-tall Captain America based on his appearance in The Avengers. You could probably find one of those on eBay.

The 31" figures you've seen are made by Jakks. I'm not aware of any Captain America or other Avengers that they've released, though.

Welcome to the forum Gatsby191, as Galvatim says the large figures your nephews have, are made by Jakks Pacific.. and so far they have not produced a Captain America figure (not sure if they currently only have the license for Star Wars and DC figures).
I think Blade3327 is correct, your best bet is to go for the NECA 1/4 scale Cap, if you want a large figure.. although they are a bit more expensive than the Jakks figures.

I think Blade3327 is correct, your best bet is to go for the NECA 1/4 scale Cap, if you want a large figure.. although they are a bit more expensive than the Jakks figures.
The standard Cap from NECA is now discontinued and was limited to 7500 pieces. Here's the link to him on NECA.
Looks like this:
Capt_America-post1.jpg
But you can still get them from numerous resellers. We can still source them.
Personally, I think any action figure beyond 1/4 scale is getting too big as even 1/4 scale take up a lot of space. 1/4 scale is 18 inches. NECA's line are OK and fairly well detailed for the money. QA is hit and miss as the figures are hand painted and sometimes that painting is a bit lazy. But not too surprising given the price.
But for 5 to 9 year olds, £90 is a lot for a figure. Especially if they then wreck one. I'd wait until they are in their teens and then consider the pricey stuff. For the moment, just browse the big toy stores for figures that aren't so expensive. For example, in the UK, Toys R Us have a big range of large scale figures. Disney store have some nice big star wars ones now. The Luke rebel pilot looks cool for the price.

Back