Land of the Lost

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keep seeing the trailer and the movie slated as a Comedy/Adventure... I never knew the original was a Comedy. I remember being freaked out by the Enik. But sad to see this turn into a comedy rather then make it an interesting film which already has depth. Now its joke. I wasn't sure either if it was a spoof movie like "Scary Movie" or the other ones. But I'll never watch see this and I hate WIll Ferrel.

Yeah, I agree. A decent treatment of Land of the Lost would have been great. But, in true Hollywood spirit, like Starsky & Hutch, they think making comedies out of shows that had humorous moments is a good idea. Can't wait for the comedic treatment of Little House on the Prairie.

I think they did the right thing by turning this into a comedy. The premise of the original is quite laughable.

I think they did the right thing by turning this into a comedy. The premise of the original is quite laughable.

Yes, like Jurassic Park, Time Tunnel, Quantum Leap, Sliders....
It may do well, but it did not need to be a comedy. Stupid, sophomoric humor is the only kind Hollywood seems able to release lately but that doesn't make it right.

i checked out some of the LAND OF THE LOST marathon... at least the drugs of the 70s provided us with some innocent fun...

I think Sid & Marty Krofft are just happy for the paycheck and to have something in the limelight again.

I'd be happy too if I was them!

i checked out some of the LAND OF THE LOST marathon... at least the drugs of the 70s provided us with some innocent fun...

I wasn't old enough mess around with Mary Jane then. :eek: :D :lol

Has anyone seen this yet? I was going to this past weekend but couldn't. I heard it didn't do too well it's opening weekend but with the amount of movies out there right now very few are going to do well.

Yes, like Jurassic Park, Time Tunnel, Quantum Leap, Sliders....
It may do well, but it did not need to be a comedy. Stupid, sophomoric humor is the only kind Hollywood seems able to release lately but that doesn't make it right.

The Time Tunnel is one that I would like to see. My brother has that show on DVD and I think they could make a good movie out of it.

Briefly spoke to a friend who is a huge Will Farrell fan who wasn't happy with it. Haven't gotten into specifics yet but that is telling for me.

I saw it. There were about 10 -12 other people in the theatre.
The movie? Well... the SFX were decent.
Will probably be on DVD by Friday.

I saw it on Saturday and even though I felt like ^^^^ due to a cold, I really enjoyed it. I'm both a fan of the original show and Ferrell, I liked that it was pretty faithful to the show and the comedy element worked well for it. The T-Rex and the Sleestak were awesome too.

I saw it on Saturday and even though I felt like ^^^^ due to a cold, I really enjoyed it. I'm both a fan of the original show and Ferrell, I liked that it was pretty faithful to the show and the comedy element worked well for it. The T-Rex and the Sleestak were awesome too.

I'm a big fan of the old series but I didn't see it being all that faithful to the original at all.

It wasnt horribly faithful.
I did enjoy it, Im not even a huge Will Ferrell fan but I laughed at a number of things . I think the film suffered from being kicked forward to release a month earlier than planned. I think they lost valuable editing/tweaking time .
Ive worked on worse films....lol
Be sure to stay a lil bit extra into the credits to see the 3 second extra ending..lol

Russ

I'm sure I'll see it sometime. This weekend maybe. Russ, is your name in the credits? I'll look for it if it is!

I would never watch this film. I cant stand Will Ferrel and the comedy aspect is stupid. The film made 18.8 mil., and came in third. Hopefully they lose money.

Back