Prop Lager Toys 1/1 IM Mark 43 Helmet

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you like both helmets equally, I would suggest the Mark 3 helmet.

The wires inside are still a bit of a mess in the Mark 3, but its much better than the Mark 42.

In addition the back neck plate on the Mark 3 utilises a magnet, as well as the side clips. But for whatever reason I still found it harder to put the the back plate flush on the Mark 3. But if not put in perfectly it still more or less held by the magnet. Though I almost caught my ear once trying to put it in.

Overall it's what I expected, but note that it still feels a bit cheap in its construction.

Why is the Mark 3 helmet better than the 42?

Why is the Mark 3 helmet better than the 42?

Basically just better assembly methods.

The tape or whatever they used to hold the wires on my Mark 42 helmet was haphazzard, messy, using all off cuts etc, and worse of all it comes loose; and the adhesive pad/covering the circuit board (where you wave the magnet ring) is ill cut, small (just covers the circuit board) and doesn't conform to the shape of the helmet.

Whereas the tape (3M) used in the Mark 3 is more consistent and holds (hasn't come loose yet), and the adhesive foam part covering the circuit board is cut exactly to conform to the shape of the helmet in that section and continues across to cover the wires up to where the removable helmet liner starts.

The above are more or less cosmetic things, which are fairly simple to fix yourself, if needed.

The other thing that is better, as I mentioned is that the removable back neck piece on the Mark 3 utilises a magnet.

Basically just better assembly methods.

The tape or whatever they used to hold the wires on my Mark 42 helmet was haphazzard, messy, using all off cuts etc, and worse of all it comes loose; and the adhesive pad/covering the circuit board (where you wave the magnet ring) is ill cut, small (just covers the circuit board) and doesn't conform to the shape of the helmet.

Whereas the tape (3M) used in the Mark 3 is more consistent and holds (hasn't come loose yet), and the adhesive foam part covering the circuit board is cut exactly to conform to the shape of the helmet in that section and continues across to cover the wires up to where the removable helmet liner starts.

The above are more or less cosmetic things, which are fairly simple to fix yourself, if needed.

The other thing that is better, as I mentioned is that the removable back neck piece on the Mark 3 utilises a magnet.

Thank you for your answer - helmets seem a bit cheaply made, but for the price and what it does, can't complain. I always thought the Mark 3 was more of the 'iconic' Iron Man helmet as with the 42. Also the 42's gold color is a bit pale which I didn't like; plus to hear how the 3 is better constructed, may have to get the 3. Thanks so much! :clap

Your welcome.

I put it on again.:dunno

Just keep in mind that it can be a b#%^* to get the back neck piece on and off properly. Because of the shape, how it curves around/below the ears/circles on both sides of the helmet it can be a difficult to aline and lock into place, and sometimes harder to get off (needs a bit of force). Didn't have that issue with the Mark 43. Might just be a trick I haven't leart yet.

I emailed KGHobby and they said they will restock on the Mark III helmet next week. Get your wallets ready.

Got mine in the other day,overall its pretty nice. About what i expected with weight,electronics,and paint. Some spots on the red paint have weird artifacts only shown in bright lights with certain angles but it isnt noticeable otherwise. Electronics work fine and the removable neck piece isint to bad to get on by myself,its held on by a big magnet up top and two clips by the lower jaw. Overall satisfied with it.

FUX5ENYl.jpg

tCmCCkPl.jpg
QlU9VE9l.jpg

cfAOVg3l.jpg
C51BAstl.jpg

J3TCb5Vl.jpg

Back