Statue Lady Death Premium Format... wow :)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand the gripes about the Scythe but what is the big deal about the color of the base again? It's freakin the color of the ground! I would be willling to bet people not in the know who see this statue in my collection wouldn't even give a second of a thought to say that color of the base doesn't look right. They'll be too busy staring at the subject itself. Besides I think the darker grey suits the statue better anyway with a fire and brimstone theme.

I like how the skull under her foot looks on the sandy ground over the gray rock. IMO, the skull looks like a paper bag under her foot on the gray base. I think the skulls and base just came together better with what we were shown originally.

Fantastic looking statue... I'm a bit disappointed in the base.

I wish I could get this... The wife would kill me.

What's your point? Last time I checked, I'm free to cancel anything I see fit.

Yeah, and the height too! No worries at all though, I'm actually going to be getting Elvira to go with my Vampirella. :clap

Anyone can cancel. I was making a point about why ssc charges a nrd. As long as the smirk is there I will be happy.

As for in hand pics. This just happened with the snowtrooper. People pictures suck, but in hand I like it.

Yeah, I know a lot of my disappointment could have been with the pictures, but in all honesty, the main issue I had was with the size.

I simply would not be able to fit her in the cabinet with Vampirella. So, I thought, why not. Elvira looks awesome too, and I've liked her since she was previewed. So, I'll just take a chance that I'll love her in person! :)

Yeah, I know a lot of my disappointment could have been with the pictures, but in all honesty, the main issue I had was with the size.

I simply would not be able to fit her in the cabinet with Vampirella. So, I thought, why not. Elvira looks awesome too, and I've liked her since she was previewed. So, I'll just take a chance that I'll love her in person! :)

I can understand that.
I have this and the Batman PF coming. They are both basically the same height and to big to fit in any display case i currently have so they are going to be exposed for awhile.

I'm just lucky that i live in place that is not very dusty and i do not have any pets or small children to worry about right now.

:horror:horror:horror ..... Please don't regret this later. Displaying the long staff is not that bad. Just put her on a table and dust it off once every few years.

Lol I think I'll be ok. If she ends up looking great once we see good pics I can get the regular. They made 1,500 so she'll be in stock for awhile.

Who saying you have to display her with the staff?

You wouldn't have to. But, IMO, she would look pretty silly. The arm holding the scythe isn't in a naturally relaxed pose, like down by her side. Meaning, it's in a pose that is very obvious that she is holding something. To have her standing there with the 'carrying my weapon' look with nothing in her hand wouldn't look very good.

But, that's just my opinion.

I kinda of feel guilty that my pics led to this. It is actually a really nice piece and of the better one in terms of quality.

Nah, don't feel guilty. Honestly, the main concern I have is the height of the total piece.

If you look at Sideshow's product page, under the 'Scale Presentation' picture, it shows LD well below 24" tall. So, that is what I used to determine if she would fit.

Well, then in the specs tab, I noticed she's 26" according to SS's site. However, you were saying she's more like 27" tall. Just too large.

However, if we find out that the weapon can be reduced, then I could still see going to pick up a regular. No big deal. :hi5:

Back