Premium Format Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just came back from my rant in their chat.. it will ship out today.. SSC sometimes make me really mad
Well that's good news! Orders should filled based on the date they are placed and paid for as opposed to just randomly selecting people. So I'm glad it worked out for you bro.

I just came back from my rant in their chat.. it will ship out today.. SSC sometimes make me really mad

some times there nothing more effective than a good tantrum :)

congrats, and enjoy the piece!

I think people who want a helmet-less sculpt are going to prefer it with the inevitable The Last Jedi PF. I think a Kylo face sculpt goes a lot better with what we know about his costume for Episode 8 than it does with his TFA garb.

some times there nothing more effective than a good tantrum :)

congrats, and enjoy the piece!

Well that's good news! Orders should filled based on the date they are placed and paid for as opposed to just randomly selecting people. So I'm glad it worked out for you bro.

giphy.gif

Thanks Guys :lol

I just called SS to complain lol had to get permission to charge my card from a coordinator to ensure they have enough.

He said there's another 400 on a boat or maybe the truck by now.

Originally when I paid it off in September they said it would charge when it came in but it was technically still on autopay. Either way it's dumb and paid now. I'm racing MYC since I live 200 miles closer I better win.

Yeah when they told me they pick at random I thought that was a load of crap and should be based on when the piece was ordered.

I am a Kylo Ren of the 501st and there's some things I'm finding in the photos that look off:

- Helmet sheen should be different and with some texture on the dome
- Cape and hood... can that be adjusted or is it "fixed" that way? It looks pretty inaccurate
- Head looks kinda big proportioned to the body, but just might be from the camera perspective
- The belt buckle detail looks dull and poorly defined
- The belt looks cheap in the thickness and too glossy.... faux vinyl grade.
- I wish the chroming on the helmet looked more chromey. It looks more pewter silver.

I may mod mine when I get it..... IN A FRIGGIN' MONTH..... Not happy about that (still)....

People calling Sideshow because they can't wait few more days/weeks for a statue?

Oh, the Horror!!!

Yeah when they told me they pick at random I thought that was a load of crap and should be based on when the piece was ordered.

I am a Kylo Ren of the 501st and there's some things I'm finding in the photos that look off:

- Helmet sheen should be different and with some texture on the dome
- Cape and hood... can that be adjusted or is it "fixed" that way? It looks pretty inaccurate
- Head looks kinda big proportioned to the body, but just might be from the camera perspective
- The belt buckle detail looks dull and poorly defined
- The belt looks cheap in the thickness and too glossy.... faux vinyl grade.
- I wish the chroming on the helmet looked more chromey. It looks more pewter silver.

I may mod mine when I get it..... IN A FRIGGIN' MONTH..... Not happy about that (still)....

The cape and hood are cloth not sculpted. And I'll take pewter/silver accents on the helmet over a PVC dome all day every day twice on Sundays.

There are methods of chroming that don't require PVC parts.

I am definitely not complaining about the cloth hood and Cape being cloth, I'm just pointing out that the way it was sewn and put on look off and was wondering if you can actually adjust it or if it is sewn that way to a point where you cannot fix the look the way you want it to with the wrinkles and how it's it's on the statue.

I am totally happy that they stuck with cloth Goods on the coat and hood and cape, I just don't like how it all completely sits right out of the box.

I have spent 30 something hours staring at that Cape when I was working on it for my costume through reference photos and is what prompts my concern about it.

Another frustrating thing is that it always seems like hot toys can nail these likenesses and details down in the 1:6 scale, but SS continues to have problems in this arena in the quarter scale format where it should be a little easier.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Some question sir if i may:

- How's the tailoring on it? is it clean and accurate?
- Plastic head?
- it the piece heavy?
- do have the new vader pf? can you give us a side-by-side pic?

Thank you very much! very nice and pics!
a37fa97bbd59add373c091f86a856b7c.jpg
6e5ac2ea120c42352d800a169f82dabd.jpg
aff6194d1b34e2cf702735c8db36fd16.jpg
ecbf9c5fc5614977f7d1974cc2487af0.jpg

There's the side by side for ya.

^^^Great Pics Moose. He looks small next to Vader, especially on the huge pedestal. I actually think Kylo Ren will look good next to the new Iron Studios Vader :)

Kylo looks great !! specially next to that vader.. Kylo looks like super realistic (except the missing light up saber) next to the toyish and unnatural stance of Vader .. really looking forward to get mine :)

Thanks for all those pics!!!

People calling Sideshow because they can't wait few more days/weeks for a statue?

Oh, the Horror!!!

Yeah that's right I did call and wtf do you care. It's not about waiting an extra few weeks it's the principle of it fool.

I had been mildly annoyed but accepting of delays and delays we all know happen and have had on the countless number of pieces we buy.

I don't like waiting a month after being told it would process and ship as soon as it arrived. This was amplified reading about people getting theirs after ordering it recently so while you can think it's ok I don't.

I don't think it's nice to post your comments on me calling as if it was just so simple because it is not. Waiting is part of this collection thing but SS should ship out to the people who ordered first long ago period. That's the part called principle ok so don't label it as simple impatience.

My FA Stormtrooper just got delayed till June/July let me call and yell lol I'll email to.

You give yourself too much credit, thinking my comment was directed at you. I couldn't care less about what you do with your time, nor remembering who exactly posted what comment.
I just think that in general, this kind of impatient behavior is pathetic, and have the full right to express this opinion, regardless of if Your Royal Highness likes me posting comments, or not.

Fool.

You give yourself too much credit, thinking my comment was directed at you. I couldn't care less about what you do with your time, nor remembering who exactly posted what comment.
I just think that in general, this kind of impatient behavior is pathetic, and have the full right to express this opinion, regardless of if Your Royal Highness likes it or not.

Fool.

The internet is serious business.

Back