Premium Format Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could be completely wrong, but I feel like we're going to see some changes to this statue before it ships. Light-up features, price drop, ES size change... something...

We may see the light up saber added, but as nice as it would be, I highly doubt the price will change on this. As shocking as it is, people are buying it, Even if is being purchased in relatively small numbers compared to the average Star Wars PF, SSC don't seem to mind drawn out sell outs so it doesn't matter as long as they sell.

Unfortunately, while it may seem like big profit now, this may be the one that bursts the bubble for many meaning bad things to come. I may be one of them. I will likely get this down the line simply as it's the only statue I actually want and I loved the character. But I'm not rushing to order, there is absolutely no reason to do so. I'll wait and see if anything does improve. And with prices like this, he'll be one of my last unfortunately. Yes I CAN afford it (all be it through many hard hours at work) But I just can't justify this kind of money for this kind of product. A 1/4 Predator or Alien yeah, but not a scrawny, cloth covered human on a basic base.

From what I've gathered, that's pretty much how many collectors here feel. It's not that we can't afford this, but that there isn't $570 worth of product here to buy. Rip off!

I told myself that I needed to have a Kylo Ren in 1/4 for my collection. If Hot Toys or anyone else is unable to produce something better, I may have to break down and buy it. But like yourself, I'm in no hurry to preorder.

I could be completely wrong, but I feel like we're going to see some changes to this statue before it ships. Light-up features, price drop, ES size change... something...
I know only what I've seen before.
Sideshow has included a light up feature where, previously, none was announced (Darth Vader PF).
They've increased ES before as well (Predator 2 Maquette Exclusive!).

One thing I've never seen from Sideshow is a price drop of an item that has yet to be released.

The free shipping and double rewards on the first day of PO is a ******** gimmick that I hate. Even with the savings it's still too much for this piece. They know the price is ridiculous. This is just a way of easing people into paying more than they should for the statue while making them think they're getting a great deal. How about you just price the thing at $469.99 like it should be and offer free shipping? That would be a deal.

The free shipping and double rewards on the first day of PO is a ******** gimmick that I hate. Even with the savings it's still too much for this piece. They know the price is ridiculous. This is just a way of easing people into paying more than they should for the statue while making them think they're getting a great deal. How about you just price the thing at $469.99 like it should be and offer free shipping? That would be a deal.

I agree, and that would benefit everybody, regardless of where they happen to live.

I ordered day one.

I honestly don't think there's any added perks, they just integrated some averaged nationwide shipping cost into the price of the PF and called it free shipping, haha! And then the double rewards... about half of that worked in to the cost as well.

At least this time they are doing something for early orders, especially after all the 10% code debacles recently. I live in Canada so my price is even higher with duty and conversion, and miss out on free shipping. These higher prices and lack of room to display stuff will definitely make me pass on some that I wanted (Dark Phoenix and Cap Marvel) but I couldn't miss Kylo (and will get the trooper with him as well when it ships). I'm sure some of the price has to do with Disney wanting a bigger cut, even the Gentle Giant Force Awakens stuff has jumped in price.

..that I would have ordered

It would've been a no brainer for me at that price.

It would've been a no brainer for me at that price.

Absolutely. There are quite a few PF's that I'm passing on because of the higher prices. I'm really getting picky about what I buy. The closer it is to $450 or less I'm much more likely to buy something I'm halfway interested in. When it goes to $500 and up I have to love it.

Back