Premium Format Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure, but I was thinking of the technology Sideshow used on Malgus, Mecha-Maul, Savage Oppress... which does wonders, by the way. The system HT uses is nice on 1/6 scale but not that impressive on larger scales, IMHO. It barely lights up the whole blade.

I think they would be able to put the tips in each of the three blades and run the wires like a circuit through one another. And if not, I've never understood why they didn't make it simpler by doing the magnified plastic for the blade, then just one small LED would light an entire blade.

I hope the lightsaber is removable, or he comes with another hand you can slap on. Unlit lightsabers look like weird popsicles to me.

I hope the lightsaber is removable, or he comes with another hand you can slap on. Unlit lightsabers look like weird popsicles to me.

It's been confirmed that there is an empty clenched fist switch out as well as a lightsaber hilt to clip on belt. Unfortunately...

I have to say... that is an improvement over having Kylo Ren holding weird popsicles.

An improvement... Still doesn't make it the best representation of the character (and Star Wars universe for that matter).

I am honestly surprised Disney/Lucas Film made them change the statue, but didn't make them light the saber...

Price will decide if I pick this one up, unlit saber really is a let down. Why go backwards Sideshow on such a character that I believe the saber is one of the best features???

I won't display him without the saber. But if they did like a glow paint or something it might convince me to get it.

If the lightsaber doesn't light up I'll most likely go with the non-lightsaber hand. Don't want to take a nice statue and cheapen the look of it. Still.... disappointing.

If the lightsaber doesn't light up I'll most likely go with the non-lightsaber hand. Don't want to take a nice statue and cheapen the look of it. Still.... disappointing.

If it doesn't light up, I'll wait to give another studio my money sadly. I love sideshow products, but that'd be the line in the sand for me when it came to Star Wars products that feature lightsabers.

Unlit saber is massively disappointing, and will probably be a deal killer for me. I'd rather they have done a swap out unmasked head than a swap out hand, another disappointment.

Unlit saber is massively disappointing, and will probably be a deal killer for me. I'd rather they have done a swap out unmasked head than a swap out hand, another disappointment.

I like the swap out hand with hilt actually... But the no 'LIGHTING' of the 'LIGHT' saber is just insulting haha! I agree will be a no deal if it doesn't have light up function, I own SS Savage Opress and the light up on his lightsaber is just fantastic!! can't see why on earth they wouldn't do it for Ren....

If it doesn't light up, I'll wait to give another studio my money sadly. I love sideshow products, but that'd be the line in the sand for me when it came to Star Wars products that feature lightsabers.

Yeah i'm with you. The main reason I'm starting to collect Star Wars PFs is because their lightsaber tech has improved a lot but if it doesn't light up I may just skip it entirely.

if it does not light up... please make the blades de-tachable .. and price should be accordingly .. then I am totally fine without light up :) Never have it on anyways... and if it brakes.. your resell value if you decide one day to sell it.. drops to the deepest cellar in hell

But if they are making this decision for resale value, that's ridiculous. Or if this is a "It means there's less stuff to break during shipping"... Good grief. I have been 100% behind sideshow's recent decisions. I started collecting in 2012 and have purchased/had the desire to purchase anything but sideshow pieces.

No light up saber will change that mind set. Just being honest. I can see why some people do not want the light up... But if that's the thought process their business is putting into their pieces now. Adios.

Skip for me without light-up saber. Will pick it up though if the price is dropped by $100. Plus no switch out headsculpt and just a switch out arm doesn't do it for me.

We'll see. I'm going to hold off on a complete judgement until it's out. I can just hope for the best.

Back