Premium Format Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it XM or Iron Studios that now has the SW license? Anyway there's also Hot Toys too. There's more competition now.

Also, for Sideshow to have a long list of working lightsaber pieces, it would be going backwards if they didn't. Like the older pieces.

Both have the license since so long and nothing came out.. HT also with just ONE 1/4 since like for-ever ... it really sucks how slow 1/4 is getting out

Both have the license since so long and nothing came out.. HT also with just ONE 1/4 since like for-ever ... it really sucks how slow 1/4 is getting out

I have wondered why HT isn't busting out more 1/4 figures. Boba Fett was amazing.

I have wondered why HT isn't busting out more 1/4 figures. Boba Fett was amazing.

Agreed. I'd like to see more from HT in the 1/4 scene. I think there were rumors that the 1/4 Vader from HT was being revamped to be true to the upcoming Rogue One series. I would rather they did a 1/4 ANH and ESB Vader but that may be a dream. :lol

those are just dream thoughts about the Rouge one Vader as far as I know.. nothing has been said from HT but its strange we haven't heard nothing about PO the Vader...and it was as good as done. Well if its the Rouge one ... then I know what I am gonna get for sure

those are just dream thoughts about the Rouge one Vader as far as I know.. nothing has been said from HT but its strange we haven't heard nothing about PO the Vader...and it was as good as done. Well if its the Rouge one ... then I know what I am gonna get for sure
Yeah I don't want to be left without a Vader, and I really don't want one with a stupid pose either. Hot Toys needs to update us soon. No one knows what's going on with their Vader.

"Less batteries". Dafuh? Haha

If they try to justify anything over $419.00 I'm going to laugh. This is now now different than the troopers, so price should be similar.

"Less batteries". Dafuh? Haha

If they try to justify anything over $419.00 I'm going to laugh. This is now now different than the troopers, so price should be similar.

it was rather comical considering these are supposed to be "premium" pieces. lol indeed.

it was rather comical considering these are supposed to be "premium" pieces. lol indeed.

I just don't get it. Unless this is a publicity stunt to show that they listen to fans.... This makes no sense. Absolutely no sense. The only decent argument I've heard is that the price reduces when the sabers don't work... This means SC should invest in nicer lights. Not no lights.

I just don't get it. Unless this is a publicity stunt to show that they listen to fans.... This makes no sense. Absolutely no sense. The only decent argument I've heard is that the price reduces when the sabers don't work... This means SC should invest in nicer lights. Not no lights.

Now that is solid logic! Even though I almost never turn on my lightsabers, I would have to agree that of all of the figures that should have a light up saber (and maybe even a crackling sound effect), this guy is it!

I am trying to recall, but I sure thought we had this same news when the ROTJ Vader PF was announced and then at some point soon after, it was announced that it would have light effects. It seems like it was AFTER the pre-order, which may have been an attempt to boost sluggish sales. Am I remembering correctly?

Now that is solid logic! Even though I almost never turn on my lightsabers, I would have to agree that of all of the figures that should have a light up saber (and maybe even a crackling sound effect), this guy is it!

I am trying to recall, but I sure thought we had this same news when the ROTJ Vader PF was announced and then at some point soon after, it was announced that it would have light effects. It seems like it was AFTER the pre-order, which may have been an attempt to boost sluggish sales. Am I remembering correctly?
That is correct.

Could be that the people within SS that are stating no light up feature don't actually know. I'm hoping that it turns out to be misinformation.

The person in the video linked on the last page, as well as Alex said it. I hope you are right.

https://youtu.be/5JdJ3AICIvg?t=236
Here they're talking about some of the details. I wish i could get him this year.

Do they say it can be displayed with a clenched fist and lightsaber hilt attached to the belt ? This is great. I prefer having this option instead of having the lightsaber light up and be stuck with a plastic rod the rest of the time. I wish they did the same with Vader.

On a side note, I wonder if it's difficult to have the smaller side blades light-up like the long one. Maybe that's the reason?

Do they say it can be displayed with a clenched fist and lightsaber hilt attached to the belt ? This is great. I prefer having this option instead of having the lightsaber light up and be stuck with a plastic rod the rest of the time. I wish they did the same with Vader.

On a side note, I wonder if it's difficult to have the smaller side blades light-up like the long one. Maybe that's the reason?

Hot Toys did it, and at a smaller scale to boot.

... Like the gentleman above me said. It probably means a redesign of there current saber format.

Sure, but I was thinking of the technology Sideshow used on Malgus, Mecha-Maul, Savage Oppress... which does wonders, by the way. The system HT uses is nice on 1/6 scale but not that impressive on larger scales, IMHO. It barely lights up the whole blade.

Back