Premium Format Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ya i guess it never bothered me that SSC is say a little slower. I never really thought about it until i saw people complain about it. I was always excited to see the PFs and figures they put out, no matter when or where. A license like Star Wars I am happy whenever anyone makes something i like and I want to buy it. Theres so much Star Wars stuff to collect, its never a dull moment really. Fallout 4 yah that i can see maybe is more crucial to get something out when its popular. But Star Wars to me is different. Marvel and DC are different. They constantly are making collectibles to buy. If your only buying PFs or 1/6 then yah, sometimes you have to wait a bit, but personally it never bothered me.

After thinking about what we talked about today, i personally find it odd to collect based on hype, but i realize we all collect differently, right? I just don't like to collect like that. I buy what I love whenever it comes out. I don't buy something just because its new. As much as I love Black Widow, I don't buy her because I love Star Wars more and I save my $$ for Star Wars. I can't have everything and I accept that. I see a lot of people buying things just because they are new and they don't really care about the character or movie that much. I saw the other day someone post in the BvS thread "I dont really want to see the movie, but Ill be buying Batman". i just find that kinda strange.

Or If you look at the classified section on this site, there is so much stuff people are selling and a lot of it is new stuff that just got released like a few weeks ago or even sooner. And sometimes they aren't even making profits off their sales, they sell below what they paid which i know is the risk you take trying to sell something. So I think to myself, why did you buy it in the first place if your just going to sell it the second you get it? I think sometimes people get caught up in hype, or get jealous of others for having something. idk, I dont know what it is?

Its sometime funny to see the way people collect. :)

ya i guess it never bothered me that SSC is say a little slower. I never really thought about it until i saw people complain about it. I was always excited to see the PFs and figures they put out, no matter when or where. A license like Star Wars I am happy whenever anyone makes something i like and I want to buy it. Theres so much Star Wars stuff to collect, its never a dull moment really. Fallout 4 yah that i can see maybe is more crucial to get something out when its popular. But Star Wars to me is different. Marvel and DC are different. They constantly are making collectibles to buy. If your only buying PFs or 1/6 then yah, sometimes you have to wait a bit, but personally it never bothered me.

After thinking about what we talked about today, i personally find it odd to collect based on hype, but i realize we all collect differently, right? I just don't like to collect like that. I buy what I love whenever it comes out. I don't buy something just because its new. As much as I love Black Widow, I don't buy her because I love Star Wars more and I save my $$ for Star Wars. I can't have everything and I accept that. I see a lot of people buying things just because they are new and they don't really care about the character or movie that much. I saw the other day someone post in the BvS thread "I dont really want to see the movie, but Ill be buying Batman". i just find that kinda strange.

Or If you look at the classified section on this site, there is so much stuff people are selling and a lot of it is new stuff that just got released like a few weeks ago or even sooner. And sometimes they aren't even making profits off their sales, they sell below what they paid which i know is the risk you take trying to sell something. So I think to myself, why did you buy it in the first place if your just going to sell it the second you get it? I think sometimes people get caught up in hype, or get jealous of others for having something. idk, I dont know what it is?

Its sometime funny to see the way people collect. :)

Well in some ways it's worse. For example something like Fallout it's going to be one and done. I don't mind if they take a while, the hype close to release means nothing to me other then an opperunity for a company to make something I always wanted. The good thing about it is since it is once and done whatever comes out will be the "best" representation of it because there probably won't be any others. Something like Star Wars as you say will have **** coming out forever, but you probably don't want to buy the same guy multiple times. You want the "best", hard to know then when one company takes a lot longer then the others. But yeah you can always wait for another one to release and hope it's better (which I do sometimes :p). The wait doesn't bother me much either, I don't like it but on the list of things I care about it's the lowest. Price and quality are far higher for me.

And yeah people's collecting habits are odd ;p But some people aren't buying it for the character. They are buying it cause it's aesthetically pleasing, basically it's art. They like how something looks and they want to have it. The people who spend millions on "modern art" can't have any attachment to the squiggles that are on the canvas they bought much less try and understand whatever fake meaning the artist sold it with. But v0v it's what they like, and it's their money so let em do what they want. As a game collector sealed game collectors always seemed like a stupid thing to me cause I actually like playing my games but again it's their money ;p

In terms of the classified a lot of that is regret... or moving on. Personally I hate selling stuff, and I rarely buy something I don't want to keep. However some people buy and sell as a way of cycling stuff through their collection. Even if they take a loss it's usually not a great one, and they probably just as often make a profit to counter it. So other then the hassle of dealing with buyers and shipping pretty much what they get is a single investment that lets them constantly have new statues to enjoy. If you think about it that way it actually seems kinda smart :p

Well in some ways it's worse. For example something like Fallout it's going to be one and done. I don't mind if they take a while, the hype close to release means nothing to me other then an opperunity for a company to make something I always wanted. The good thing about it is since it is once and done whatever comes out will be the "best" representation of it because there probably won't be any others. Something like Star Wars as you say will have **** coming out forever, but you probably don't want to buy the same guy multiple times. You want the "best", hard to know then when one company takes a lot longer then the others. But yeah you can always wait for another one to release and hope it's better (which I do sometimes :p). The wait doesn't bother me much either, I don't like it but on the list of things I care about it's the lowest. Price and quality are far higher for me.

And yeah people's collecting habits are odd ;p But some people aren't buying it for the character. They are buying it cause it's aesthetically pleasing, basically it's art. They like how something looks and they want to have it. The people who spend millions on "modern art" can't have any attachment to the squiggles that are on the canvas they bought much less try and understand whatever fake meaning the artist sold it with. But v0v it's what they like, and it's their money so let em do what they want. As a game collector sealed game collectors always seemed like a stupid thing to me cause I actually like playing my games but again it's their money ;p

In terms of the classified a lot of that is regret... or moving on. Personally I hate selling stuff, and I rarely buy something I don't want to keep. However some people buy and sell as a way of cycling stuff through their collection. Even if they take a loss it's usually not a great one, and they probably just as often make a profit to counter it. So other then the hassle of dealing with buyers and shipping pretty much what they get is a single investment that lets them constantly have new statues to enjoy. If you think about it that way it actually seems kinda smart :p

yes maybe they only buy it because of aesthetics and then cycle through their collection. idk? regret plays into it too. Its interesting to see peoples behavior thats for sure. And i guess when you don't agree sometimes we lash out, which i did and i kind of regret that. I'll try not to do that anymore. :p

Haha sounds like your agreeing cause you don't want to respond to me anymore! :*( We had a good argument going :p

nahhhh, just realizing I dont want to argue about collecting. :p If i have something good to say, I'll post LoL. :)

We seem to share similar qualities when it comes to collecting. One thing I wanted to add re: "capitalizing on the hype" is that, while I don't collect based on the hype or the kool-aid that goes around; I collect because I love a particular universe and because its characters are aesthetically pleasing to me, as you put it. However, the hype and the excitement that comes with it, will benefit the business, and ultimately they will profit hugely, which will result in better and more variety for us the buyers/collectors. Also, the window of opportunity during those times is small, in this case for Sideshow, to utilize that excitement in order to give us the hot items which we've been seeking and waiting for! When the hype is gone, that excitement everywhere including within the respective organization will fade, and priorities will change, focuses will steer to different directions/licenses, and us the collectors will ultimately be affected by all that. That's why it's very disappointing to see that Sideshow has done nothing to capitalize on or utilize TFA.

Hopefully the pose is a museum like pose, on a flat base, and not a recycled or overused one. Of course it should also have LED Lightsaber, and for the exclusive, IMHO it should have alternative Adam Driver head/profile.

Hopefully the pose is a museum like pose, on a flat base, and not a recycled or overused one. Of course it should also have LED Lightsaber, and for the exclusive, IMHO it should have alternative Adam Driver head/profile.

They showed the teaser, he's not in a classic museum pose, his in a ready for action pose which i like a lot. I wondered too when we will get our first Adam Driver head? I haven't seen the movie yet so i dont know how his human face works with the story, but i'm seeing it tonight so i will know soon :)

We seem to share similar qualities when it comes to collecting. One thing I wanted to add re: "capitalizing on the hype" is that, while I don't collect based on the hype or the kool-aid that goes around; I collect because I love a particular universe and because its characters are aesthetically pleasing to me, as you put it. However, the hype and the excitement that comes with it, will benefit the business, and ultimately they will profit hugely, which will result in better and more variety for us the buyers/collectors. Also, the window of opportunity during those times is small, in this case for Sideshow, to utilize that excitement in order to give us the hot items which we've been seeking and waiting for! When the hype is gone, that excitement everywhere including within the respective organization will fade, and priorities will change, focuses will steer to different directions/licenses, and us the collectors will ultimately be affected by all that. That's why it's very disappointing to see that Sideshow has done nothing to capitalize on or utilize TFA.

Yeah companies should capitalize on the hype cause it's essentially the best time to release stuff ;p Though as faora mentioned SW **** will be coming out forever :p But like Fallout, nobody made fallout **** afore. They are now cause of the new game, otherwise they wouldn't be. So I'm happy for that :) SS is counting on people liking it forever, there's a good reason why you don't see many prequel stuff anymore :p

They showed the teaser, he's not in a classic museum pose, his in a ready for action pose which i like a lot. I wondered too when we will get our first Adam Driver head? I haven't seen the movie yet so i dont know how his human face works with the story, but i'm seeing it tonight so i will know soon :)

I saw the teaser. What I meant was, Sideshow's version of the museum pose, not the classic traditional one. Like the original Darth Vader PF pose, Princess Leia, Slave Leia, ROTJ Boba Fett, etc.. Unlike the new releases, like Captain Rex, TESB Boba Fett, just to name a few, which to me are dynamic action poses. I guess my version of Sideshow's museum pose is a hybrid action pose. For example, I love the original Darth Maul PF pose, as long as it's similar to that, and/or like Disney LE 700 edition (picture below,) I'll be all over. Also, as I mentioned above, to me, the key is a semi flat base. I preordered TESB Exclusive Boba Fett despite its elevated/large base, so I don't mind it, but I prefer the lower/flatter ones.

And I agree with you re: Adam's profile/head. After seeing the movie, I may come back and say, I like Kylo with is mask permanently on. That also applies, to his pose. After seeing the movie (I have few hours left!) I might prefer a different pose that what I have in mind, currently.

kylo6505048303934.jpg

Yeah companies should capitalize on the hype cause it's essentially the best time to release stuff ;p Though as faora mentioned SW **** will be coming out forever :p But like Fallout, nobody made fallout **** afore. They are now cause of the new game, otherwise they wouldn't be. So I'm happy for that :) SS is counting on people liking it forever, there's a good reason why you don't see many prequel stuff anymore :p

I'm with you on that. But Fallout and Star Wars aren't exactly apples to apples. Each Trilogy (at least so far) has been a different set of collections, which of course it's a result of different stories, timelines, characters, etc. And as much as people will like and want Star Wars "forever", with some characters or group of character, the train has already left the station, and as you said, we won't be seeing any PT stuff anymore. Some of that is because initially they released OT stuff (which was during the time when the PT films were being released,) and it wasn't until this past few years they were focusing on PT PFs. Like Cody was just released, and if they had been even slower with the PT releases, I bet we wouldn't be seeing half of the PT which we were lucky to get so far. And I wish they continue making more PT statues, but with TFA in the picture, that's not going to happen. So timing is everything for us the collectors if we want certain characters to be released before they're overshadowed by newer introductions and their slots are taken by the new and fresh faces.

I don't know much about Fallout universe or its characters, I'm happy that you're finally getting a statue from that license.

I'm with you on that. But Fallout and Star Wars aren't exactly apples to apples. Each Trilogy (at least so far) has been a different set of collections, which of course it's a result of different stories, timelines, characters, etc. And as much as people will like and want Star Wars "forever", with some characters or group of character, the train has already left the station, and as you said, we won't be seeing any PT stuff anymore. Some of that because initially they released OT stuff and it wasn't until this past few years they were focusing on PT. Like Cody was just released! If they had been even slower with PT released, I bet we would not be seeing half of the PT which we were lucky to get. And I wish they make more PT statues. So timing is everything for us the collectors if we want certain characters to be released before they're overshadowed by newer introductions and their slots are taken by the fresh faces.

I don't know much about Fallout universe or its characters, I'm happy that you're finally getting a statue from that license.

Thanks :) I am really pulling for a GH statue but they are being silent on that front (or really any statue, as I hate posing and prefer statues, at least joints aren't an issue with power armor). I'd be kinda pissed if I bought the figures then GH said "oh we're doing it now!" I wish they'd at least say if they're looking into it :p But yeah the threea figures look great, and it's great to finally get them even if I'm not a fan of "x01" redone APA and stuff.

Thanks for posting the Disney Kylo (base and blink logo are still meh, but the rest is quality! )...

Mouse managed to offer a full poly collictble 3 month ago, SSC will deliever in mid/late 17...for likely 499-599$ ....yay...me= flashed as bored
like Bob A. ...:cuckoo:

Thanks :) I am really pulling for a GH statue but they are being silent on that front (or really any statue, as I hate posing and prefer statues, at least joints aren't an issue with power armor). I'd be kinda pissed if I bought the figures then GH said "oh we're doing it now!" I wish they'd at least say if they're looking into it :p But yeah the threea figures look great, and it's great to finally get them even if I'm not a fan of "x01" redone APA and stuff.

Yeah, that's why I never got into the Hot Toys 1:6 figures for that same reason. I prefer 1:4 scale statues, because they're a bit larger, hence, more and refined details, but more importantly, because they have fixed poses. And with Hot Toys 1:4 released, I have the same issue, but can't argue with the details and the quality, which makes it more difficult to avoid Hot Toys. But I guess I can always pose it a certain way and then shower it Crazy Glue :)

I hear you about lack of communication re: their plans. If I were in your shoes, I would buy the figures you want now, keep their boxes in a mind state, take a good care of the figures, and then if/when GH releases their versions, then you can pack them nicely and sell them for equal or greater price, and get the GH ones.

Thanks for posting the Disney Kylo (base and blink logo are still meh, but the rest is quality! )...

Mouse managed to offer a full poly collictble 3 month ago, SSC will deliever in mid/late 17...for likely 499-599$ ....yay...me= flashed as bored
like Bob A. ...:cuckoo:

You're welcome! It's a quality piece; I was lucky enough to secure one from eBay. I have no regrets, but not a fan of the prominent logo on the base, either.

My thought exactly! Yeah, if Disney managed releasing a fully sculpted statue so quickly, Sideshow has no excuse for their lack of TFA preorders.

Yeah, that's why I never got into the Hot Toys 1:6 figures for that same reason. I prefer 1:4 scale statues, because they're a bit larger, hence, more and refined details, but more importantly, because they have fixed poses. And with Hot Toys 1:4 released, I have the same issue, but can't argue with the details and the quality, which makes it more difficult to avoid Hot Toys. But I guess I can always pose it a certain way and then shower it Crazy Glue :)

I hear you about lack of communication re: their plans. If I were in your shoes, I would buy the figures you want now, keep their boxes in a mind state, take a good care of the figures, and then if/when GH releases their versions, then you can pack them nicely and sell them for equal or greater price, and get the GH ones.

I got the HT 1:4 Fett, it's damn amazing :) And yeah that's not a bad plan, but I hate selling stuff :p

I just got home from the theater, went to the 1st showing in my town...

I wanted this Kylo Ren PF...but now?

I NEED this Kylo Ren PF!!!

He has positioned himself to potentially become my favorite Star Wars character.

Adam Driver absolutely killed it!

He has positioned himself to potentially become my favorite Star Wars character.

This. This x1000.

Absolutely agree, but he's such a bastard.

Back