Kuato's Paintwork and Sculpture Update 2/7/17

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Kuato's Paintwork and Customs

Kuato, I know you said before you use Acetone to strip off paint, but if I remember you said you don't use it on Hot Toys cause it may cause it some harm. So I guess my question here is, what do you use to strip paint off Hot Toys Sculpts? Also what "technic" do you do to remove it, as in using your hands, a cloth, a sponge etc. Thanks.

Yes Carlos, I use Acetone, as for HT sculpts I still use Acetone although I Make sure I take my time and use it as gradually as possible because once the acetone hits the material HT uses on their latest releases it can start to eat at it, so I would suggest using a cotton swap or napkin, dab a little acetone on it and just gently wipe off the paint, it will take awhile but at least you won't harm the sculpt in the process and you get to start off with a fresh sculpt with hidden details.

6Joker9- No problem and thank you

teabelly83- I will respond to your inquiries via pm :) which should be by tomorrow, haven't had much time to get to responding and gotta run at the moment,

Snake Sucker- You called it my friend, offer I couldn't refuse :), got great news coming your way via pm as well.

Another updated list is coming by Tomorrow night, some more of you waiting for Jokers should see yourself on there now

Yes Carlos, I use Acetone, as for HT sculpts I still use Acetone although I Make sure I take my time and use it as gradually as possible because once the acetone hits the material HT uses on their latest releases it can start to eat at it, so I would suggest using a cotton swap or napkin, dab a little acetone on it and just gently wipe off the paint, it will take awhile but at least you won't harm the sculpt in the process and you get to start off with a fresh sculpt with hidden details.

6Joker9- No problem and thank you

teabelly83- I will respond to your inquiries via pm :) which should be by tomorrow, haven't had much time to get to responding and gotta run at the moment,

Snake Sucker- You called it my friend, offer I couldn't refuse :), got great news coming your way via pm as well.

Another updated list is coming by Tomorrow night, some more of you waiting for Jokers should see yourself on there now

thanks Kuato, will await ur pm. hope ur well. :chew

Ah well. SORTA did me a favour, as I knew I would have had to bid and bid and bid and bid.....and bid for that and I have little spare cash at the moment.

OOOOOOO!!! Looking forward to it. :google

This is what ive been waiting to see,because the sculpt is really bad but you made it look much better Chris.

bad?... this was enterbay's first product. it's hot exactly on par with the stuff companies are releasing today but it's not bad :rolleyes:

Haha pm sent buddy
Here is most recent Update list

Ultramanimator- "Joker Break" - Imaresqd T2 Sculpt/Medicom Jones Sr. current
zahal- 1 Stern Joker current
DarkMagic- 2 Bale 1 Licky Joker on que
crow- 1 Stern Joker[/B][/B] on que
carbo-fation- 1 stern Joker/1 Licky Joker on que
Esteban G.- 1 Daniel Craig Longbow on que
Bonehead15- 1 Stern Joker/1 LIcky Joker/1 Wayne on que
Lord Vicious- 1 Stern Joker on que

Haha, YAY. Thanks for the update. Still can't wait. It's funny to see my joker with his grenade-laced jacket and no head. Looks like he already set them off...

Kuato,you do the best eyes I've ever seen. I've tried painting and I cannot do eyes to save my life :lol there are alot of great painters on here but you paint eyes amazingly,great work!

Bumping up to the top......Hey Chris are you still flodded with a bunch of Joker heads to paint up? Cant wait for more pics of your awsome work dude.

What is the current wait for a licky Joker head painted combo ordered through Chris H?

There is no set time. If you order now, (and they're still offering that package) you basically get yours when it is ready. When that will be depends on how many orders are ahead of you at the time and each artists individual workload (on these heads and other projects). So the short answer is "you get it when you get it" but don't worry, judging from the images on this thread, the wait will be well worth it.

What is the current wait for a licky Joker head painted combo ordered through Chris H?

I've actually stopped taking orders on any more Joker head paintwork at the moment in order to fulfill all the ones I must finish and move onto some of Chris's other headsculpts :)

Hey Chris, I received the heads today and they are all awesome!
You have crazy mad painting skills and I am so thankful to you for painting these up for me. Charles is even better in person.
Thanks again!

Thanks Les! means alot to hear from you, hope all is well :).
Daniel- I'm glad you got them and you approve of the paint apps in person :)
Here is another job off the list fellas, these sculpts are Ultramanimator's
HOpe you like
Picture_2509_2_.jpg

Picture_2512.jpg

Medicom Henry Jones Sr.
Before
Picture_2506.jpg

After
Picture_2516.jpg

Made Glasses removable here they are on
Picture_2517.jpg

Back