Kreaturekomfort's Art Explosion- added CAKE art!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kreaturekomfort

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I'll bite... :)

This is a variety of mediums I work in for fun (I really, really enjoy sculpting when I have the time).

Pencils on Canson...
ratssm.jpg

1293_001sm.jpg

1294_001sm.jpg

A quick photoshop color of an elegant witch concept...
witchconceptsm.jpg

1295_001sm.jpg

triosm.jpg

These last two show the direction I hope to move with a more deliberate, consistent art style. I hope to make mixed media figures that are highly ornate and each one unique.

finism.jpg

Hope you enjoy the little peek into my world. If only I had more time to do this stuff and wasn't part of the rat race![/quote]

Last edited:
Re: Kreaturekomfort's Art Explosion

Figure I might as well show these too...I got into sculpting for the Glyos toy line and having casts made and doing limited runs. I sculpted 2 different series of 3 head assorts, for customizing the toys. They went over very well, but even a limited production run (cleaning up of the castings, organizing, creating unique header cards and shipping labels, etc.) is a TON of work. Not sure if I'll ever get to doing another set, but it was a fun ....... (BTW, for reference, the heads are little bigger than a nickel!)

P1040008.jpg

P1040012.jpg

P1040013.jpg

P1040014.jpg

P1040017.jpg

P1040020.jpg

P1040021.jpg

P1040023.jpg

P1040025.jpg

P3050014.jpg
[/quote]

Very nice. I love your 'mouseguard-ish' drawings. Thanks for sharing your sculpts and art.:clap

Thank you kindly! Actually those 'mouseguard-ish' pictures are 'Rats of NIMH-ish'. :)

Hard to believe I did those drawings about 15 years ago!

That's pretty impressive. they've stood the test of time. I just re-watched Nimh, three weeks ago. They're very nice.

Your drawing is stunning and your sculpting phenomenal. Those tiny little heads (got no idea how big a nickle is, but I am assuming pretty damned small). Have you tried your hand at action figure head sculpting? You certainly have the attention to detail for it.

Great work. Very much enjoyed seeing it.

I figured I might as well add this stuff, since I do think it's an extension of the other art I do.

I became an auntie three times over in the last 5 years and officially became their birthday cake maker. Well, I don't have any real baking training or working with fondant, but I figured my artistic background and sculpting might lend itself to the medium.

I guess you could say I discovered a knack for it. (of course, this also makes me a slave to three little cuties whose demands for cakes become increasingly difficult over the years, and their da*m birthdays seem to come quicker and quicker....these cakes sometimes take me three days!)

Back