Kotobukiya Venom Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great pics as usual!

I finally got my shipping notice for him so he should be here soon.

Question did anyone with thier venom have what looks like light green shading on his back where the white spider is? Statue looks great but I couldn't figure out if that was supposed to be there.

Note: although there is no green obviously in venom it's a cool shading effect I just want to make sure it was intended to be there.

Last edited:
Question did anyone with thier venom have what looks like light green shading on his back where the white spider is? Statue looks great but I couldn't figure out if that was supposed to be there.

Yeah it's actually on all white parts of the statue, I think it's supposed to be lightly sprayed on but mine looks like they went a little crazy with the trigger:slap

Yeah it's actually on all white parts of the statue, I think it's supposed to be lightly sprayed on but mine looks like they went a little crazy with the trigger:slap

Cool thanks for confirming. It's a different effect for sure and works for what it's attempting to achieve but at first I did a double take :)

Sorry to hear about the over spray

Mine has blue shading on the white areas not really green in any way. At least by my eye.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Mine has blue shading on the white areas not really green in any way. At least by my eye.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Yea mine came out with the blue as well really tripped me out and threw me for a loop and mad me mad all at the same time. I thought I got a defected item. Luckily though my girl pointed out that if you look on the box it shows the hints of blue on the piece as well. I wasn't as mad then just disappointed that it would have been a perfect 10 in my book without that.

Just got mine today, what a beast! Finally I have a fantastic Venom in my collection.
And about that paint.. Mine is also highlighted in blue I can't decide if this effect is good or not.

Just got mine today, what a beast! Finally I have a fantastic Venom in my collection.
And about that paint.. Mine is also highlighted in blue I can't decide if this effect is good or not.

lol yea the shading on the back is really up to opinion but it takes nothing away from the sculpt and is a relatively easy repaint incase anyone wanted to make it solid white.

Regardless the sculpt is sick and I quite like the statue as a whole including the paint.

I have been really happy with the recent Kotobukiya offerings. They have really stepped up their game - starting with the Magneto and X-Force Archangel statues. This bad boy came out really well and goes great with the Koto Spidey.

Say Cheese!

Showdown Part 1

Showdown Part 2

Totally agree, I think this statue is as good as any bowen or sideshow pieces, the details are sick! And the paint job is flawless.
Can't believe how a huge step up Koto took from Batman "The Dark Knight" statue to this one in less than a year.

Totally agree, I think this statue is as good as any bowen or sideshow pieces, the details are sick! And the paint job is flawless.
Can't believe how a huge step up Koto took from Batman "The Dark Knight" statue to this one in less than a year.

I think a lot of it has to do with Erick Sosa's sculpts.

Really tempted to pick this up since I have the Spider-Man.

I strongly recommend that you pick up this piece for your collection. It goes well with Spidey but it also fits in with other 1/6 scale pieces. I love the versatility of this statue.

Back