Kotobukiya Venom Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are the comparison pics a fellow member had asked for.
zboc.jpg

a3kv.jpg

szwz.jpg

rh7r.jpg

6fr3.jpg

Here is the Mark that the artist makes on his work. The signature is to the right of it. Ill try to do some research and see if I can get his name.

Here are the comparison pics a fellow member had asked for.
zboc.jpg

a3kv.jpg

szwz.jpg

rh7r.jpg

6fr3.jpg

Here is the Mark that the artist makes on his work. The signature is to the right of it. Ill try to do some research and see if I can get his name.

The comiquette is still the best representation of the character IMO. Nice comparison pics!!

nice Pictures , Both statues look amazing. How does everyone think this venom will look size wise if I display it with the Campbell Spidey CQ when it comes out?

I received this magnificent piece yesterday and took the time to make a video review of it. I finished editing the video early this morning and I will have it uploaded to youtube as soon as I get back home from home this evening.

To build anticipation ( :lol just kidding!) I took some pics with my Iphone and I play a little with the Instagram app in some cases. Enjoy! (Who am I kidding? I'm not a professional. ;) ).

017_zpsd92eabb1.jpg
050_zps01b39420.jpg
046_zps7f6bd6cb.jpg
054_zps1fff8453.jpg

I received this magnificent piece yesterday and took the time to make a video review of it. I finished editing the video early this morning and I will have it uploaded to youtube as soon as I get back home from home this evening.

To build anticipation ( :lol just kidding!) I took some pics with my Iphone and I play a little with the Instagram app in some cases. Enjoy! (Who am I kidding? I'm not a professional. ;) ).

017_zpsd92eabb1.jpg
050_zps01b39420.jpg
046_zps7f6bd6cb.jpg
054_zps1fff8453.jpg

Great pics jpsarri. The sunlight looks great on him and really brings out all the detail.

Not sure I follow you on the clips. I would need to support middle of the shelf to prevent it from breaking under the weight. The acrylic could work but I'm looking to upgrade to a besta once I'm I am my own house so I Don't really want to put money into the detolf.

Anyone have multiple Bowens or anything with some weight that isn't a hot toy figure on a detolf shelf with no issues to make me feel better?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

I've got up to 3 BD pieces on many of my shelves for about 5 years now. Not even a trace of a problem. Just make sure you set it up correctly. All the accidents I have heard of came from peeps who assembled them incorrectly. There is a member over at statue forum (Barbarian, he's a member here as well) who put 85 lbs of weights on a glass shelf as an experiment. It did not break. I couldn't believe it but he took pics with the weights on the shelf. After having it on the shelf for quite awhile, his wife finally took them off because she wanted to tidy the place up. I think these shelves are a lot sturdier than peeps think. Also, I would never put statues on an acrylic shelf in a detolf. Those are basically clear plastic shelves that would be held up at the edges of the shelf. They will bend over time and collapse. Tempered glass will not.

Here it is in all of its youtube glory. Man! I hate to upload videos there. It takes forever!!:r2d2line

Anyway, I am extremely satisfied with this piece. Erick and Koto did a great job once again. Up next, I would like to see some of the Sinister Six members, the Kingpin or the Black Cat.

Thanks for watching my video review. :)

[ame]https://youtu.be/eN9XFWyIgOM[/ame]

I've got up to 3 BD pieces on many of my shelves for about 5 years now. Not even a trace of a problem. Just make sure you set it up correctly. All the accidents I have heard of came from peeps who assembled them incorrectly. There is a member over at statue forum (Barbarian, he's a member here as well) who put 85 lbs of weights on a glass shelf as an experiment. It did not break. I couldn't believe it but he took pics with the weights on the shelf. After having it on the shelf for quite awhile, his wife finally took them off because she wanted to tidy the place up. I think these shelves are a lot sturdier than peeps think. Also, I would never put statues on an acrylic shelf in a detolf. Those are basically clear plastic shelves that would be held up at the edges of the shelf. They will bend over time and collapse. Tempered glass will not.

Really appreciate this. Makes me feel a lot better. Thank you.:yess:

Love ur review J. The opening was my favorite. Every Spidey review should be similar to that with the music in the background :rotfl. I thought I was hilarious what you said about Carnage and Psychopaths :lol but that IS what make Carnage such a great villain at least imo.

Love ur review J. The opening was my favorite. Every Spidey review should be similar to that with the music in the background :rotfl. I thought I was hilarious what you said about Carnage and Psychopaths :lol but that IS what make Carnage such a great villain at least imo.

I was a little afraid at first when adding the intro and the soundtrack. Youtube is weird sometimes and bans my videos based on supposely copyright infringements. There it goes! wasted hours on editing, saving and uploading. :pfft:

But what is a Spidey related character statue without the iconic 90's intro, if you ask me? I had fun with it.

I understand your view on Carnage. I would definitely buy it if Sosa sculpts it. Erick has the magic touch that changes my mind. I was never crazy about Carnage (or the anti venom of most recent years) because he was a rip off (in my opinion) of Venom but without the moral dilemma. Michelinie wanted a character that was completely ruthless and without any values, a character that unlike Venom enjoyed to kill. Venom (Eddie Brock) was motivated by hate and revenge but also was limited by certain moral standards. Larsen designed Cletus Casady based on DC the Joker and Bagley came up with the symbiote.

Nice insight. I myself was not aware of the mirror image between him and Joker that makes sense. For me my favorite Spidey Villians have always been the symbiotes no matter which ones old or new. Some are cooler than other but yea heres to hopping Sosa will go the extra mile and that Koto will allow Carnage to be unleashed not to far from now :impatient:. That will just add another Spider-Man piece to my list. Here's to the wait :gah:.

Back