Kotobukiya Venom Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here it is in all of its youtube glory. Man! I hate to upload videos there. It takes forever!!:r2d2line

Anyway, I am extremely satisfied with this piece. Erick and Koto did a great job once again. Up next, I would like to see some of the Sinister Six members, the Kingpin or the Black Cat.

Thanks for watching my video review. :)

https://youtu.be/eN9XFWyIgOM

Great video review my friend, enjoyed watching it while waiting for my statue.
Actually I was planning to get Kotos Spiderman to create that diorama with Venom but after watching your review I have changed my mind, I think it will force me to display them in a certain distance from each other to make it looks like Spidey is looking at Venom and due to the limited space I have it will give me an unnecessary headache.

Actually I was planning to get Kotos Spiderman to create that diorama with Venom but after watching your review I have changed my mind, I think it will force me to display them in a certain distance from each other to make it looks like Spidey is looking at Venom and due to the limited space I have it will give me an unnecessary headache.

Find the room if you can GE 7. There isn't another Spidey statue in this scale that is as impressive or dynamic. I truly feel that if you are a big Spidey fan and collect in 1/6 scale, this is really a MUST HAVE piece. It is that good.

I thought the same thing after I was done editing the video and I hated myself for not mentioning it. I noticed something though; when Venom was sitting on top of the turn table, the distance between Spidey and him was a lot shorter. For purpose of the video, I removed the turn table to give a real sense of scale and I had to widen the distance so they could see eye to eye.

Now, I came up with a solution (although I have not done it yet). I am going to put some sorta platform underneath Venom's base to raise him up therefore allowing me to shorten the distance between them. I would say that 1/2" to 1" (inches) is all it takes.

I also face the challenge of efficiently utilizing precious space, so I understand your predicament. Good luck! ;)

Last edited:
They look great displayed together as a dio but IMO they are two fantastic stand-alone pieces as well, even if you have both. I'm not sure what I'm going to do, space may be an issue for me as well so might end up displaying them side-by-side but as "stand-alone" pieces. Will have to see when I eventually get him.

Is it just me or does the venom piece after time start to lose the matte color and get shiny? Because my piece doesn't look nearly as dull as it did when I first got it.

Nice video review!

I've had my venom for about a week and I have one complaint. The paint detail on the teeth. I also have the gentle giant venom mini bust and the detail is amazing, superior paint app to the koto venom Imo. I wish they (gentle giant) made him a full size 1/6 instead of just the bust.

Don't get me wrong still love my koto venom. For price, can't beat it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Find the room if you can GE 7. There isn't another Spidey statue in this scale that is as impressive or dynamic. I truly feel that if you are a big Spidey fan and collect in 1/6 scale, this is really a MUST HAVE piece. It is that good.

I agree with you, I love the dynamic pose and I think a Spidey statue in a museum pose will totally feel wrong.
I liked jpsarri suggestion about raising the Venom statue to be able to shorten the distance between him and Spidey and now the only thing left is finding a Koto Spidey in ebay for a reasonable price.

I thought the same thing after I was done editing the video and I hated myself for not mentioning it. I noticed something though; when Venom was sitting on top of the turn table, the distance between Spidey and him was a lot shorter. For purpose of the video, I removed the turn table to give a real sense of scale and I had to widen the distance so they could see eye to eye.

Now, I came up with a solution (although I have not done it yet). I am going to put some sorta platform underneath Venom's base to raise him up therefore allowing me to shorten the distance between them. I would say that 1/2" to 1" (inches) is all it takes.

I also face the challenge of efficiently utilizing precious space, so I understand your predicament. Good luck! ;)

That's a smart suggestion jpsarri! I think I saw some of those generic foam street dioramas in ebay that looks similar to Venom base, if I got lucky and snatched a Kotos Spidey I might buy one to raise it an inch.

Nice video review!

I've had my venom for about a week and I have one complaint. The paint detail on the teeth. I also have the gentle giant venom mini bust and the detail is amazing, superior paint app to the koto venom Imo. I wish they (gentle giant) made him a full size 1/6 instead of just the bust.

Don't get me wrong still love my koto venom. For price, can't beat it.

I agree with you. The Gentle Giant version is superior in my view (the tongue, the pose, the paint application) but the fact that is only a mini-bust limits your display to only pieces of the same company. All the GG busts are a lot bigger than the Bowens, although they claimed to be on the same scale. :(

That's a smart suggestion jpsarri! I think I saw some of those generic foam street dioramas in ebay that looks similar to Venom base, if I got lucky and snatched a Kotos Spidey I might buy one to raise it an inch.

That is a great idea! I'll check ebay for some of those. Thanks for the heads up, buddy. :1-1:

I agree with you. The Gentle Giant version is superior in my view (the tongue, the pose, the paint application) but the fact that is only a mini-bust limits your display to only pieces of the same company. All the GG busts are a lot bigger than the Bowens, although they claimed to be on the same scale. :(

I don't mind displaying multiple sizes together. I actually like seeing the different interpretations side by side. I only have a detolf right now so the gg mini bust, koto venom and bowen modern spiderman are one shelf. I like the crowded look. Haha. Once I get some bestas maybe that will change a bit as I build out my permanent display shelving layout.

I don't mind displaying multiple sizes together. I actually like seeing the different interpretations side by side. I only have a detolf right now so the gg mini bust, koto venom and bowen modern spiderman are one shelf. I like the crowded look. Haha. Once I get some bestas maybe that will change a bit as I build out my permanent display shelving layout.

I feel ya. ;)

Sorry for poor quality of the close up.... Phone camera....

Jpsarri, thanks for posting your video review! You're making me more excited about receiving Venom. Mine is supposed to be shipping today.

Great pics! I never get tired of seeing new pics. Especially when Venom is paired with the incredible looking Koto Spidey.

Back