kotobukiya stormtroopers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are exactly right JS. The arms are interchangeable between the 3 to vary poses.

Also not to mention that you can turn the head slightly left or right. Here's hoping that some ROTS arc and special op clonetroopers are in the kotobukiya pipeline soon. A Commander Bly, Cody or Neo would be must-haves!

I picked up the scout trooper the other day, and just think its pretty damn fine. Well detailed, well painted and a good size - looking for darth now....

Scriff

I don't have any of the koto figures. I really like how they look in the pictures but I am worried that they will look too action figurery for me and they aren't cheap. It says soft vinyl in some of the descriptions, just how soft ?

'Soft vinyl' is rather something of a misnomer but seems to be an industry term. People hear soft vinyl and think of squeeze toys they'd give their pets or small children. These are solid and carry some heft for their scale and construction. IMHO the material used is also ideal for capturing the sheen of actual stormtrooper armor -weathered in this case - without any glossy overtone that would detract them as big action figures. I guess 'soft' refers to the flexible properties when assembling, ie. heating the attachment points for easier fitting, or even the fact these won't shatter like resin if dropped - god forbid! I do think resin however is better in capturing human likenesses.

Back