Statue Kotobukiya Spider-man Unleashed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this review refers to the one with rubbles. Im not sure if it came out before the one on the pole.
https://www.whatsyourobsession.com/sideshow-collectibles-spider-man-exclusive-comiquette-review/

Your links takes to the Spidey Comiquette review instead, but anyway, I understand that you are talking about the Marvel Milestones Spider Man (from Diamond select). To my knowledge he is a little larger than the Koto's but I wouldn't be able to answer your question with precision. Now, just because I can't, does not mean that I do not know who could. My friends Akira Ten and StatueHunter75 have reviewed this piece in the past, and I am completely sure that they know the answer. Here are their video reviews:

Akira Ten:

https://youtu.be/o8aC9lfjl7g

And StatueHunter75:

https://youtu.be/mBbDfSHq5TQ

I know that Akira still has the piece (he has a big Spidey collection) but I am not completely sure about StatueHunter. They have the best youtube reviews of the piece and I am sure that they can help you out. Good luck!

Last edited:
Your links takes to the Spidey Comiquette review instead, but anyway, I understand that you are talking about the Marvel Milestones Spider Man (from Diamond select). To my knowledge he is a little larger than the Koto's but I wouldn't be able to answer your question with precision. Now, just because I can't, does not mean that I do not know who could. My friends Akira Ten and StatueHunter75 have reviewed this piece in the past, and I am completely sure that they know the answer. Here are their video reviews:

Akira Ten:

https://youtu.be/o8aC9lfjl7g

And StatueHunter75:

https://youtu.be/mBbDfSHq5TQ

I know that Akira still has the piece (he has a big Spidey collection) but I am not completely sure about StatueHunter. They have the best youtube reviews of the piece and I am sure that they can help you out. Good luck!

Sorry for the confusion. Anyway the conclusion of the review mentioned that the Diamond Select remains as the reviewer's favorite over the spidey com, then it must be really good.

BTW is the Koto Venom a must have companion piece for this?

Sorry for the confusion. Anyway the conclusion of the review mentioned that the Diamond Select remains as the reviewer's favorite over the spidey com, then it must be really good.

BTW is the Koto Venom a must have companion piece for this?

I wouldn't consider it a must-have, but they definitely look great together. Also, the Bowen Venom sitting on a ledge goes well with it. Here are some of iphone and Instagram pics:

A friend from another forum has these comparison pics that I found amazing!!

I'm so glad I got this statue!

Kotobukiya Spider-man Unleashed Fine Art Statue:

IMG_1231.jpg

IMG_1263.jpg

IMG_1273.jpg

IMG_1287.jpg

IMG_1237.jpg

I know right... If this had been 1/4 it would be ALL everyone would be talking abou here....lol. As it is the sculpt is perfect.

1:4 and the classic blue Custome, I think Koto would give SS a huge competition, wonder why Koto never make 1:4...

1:4 and the classic blue Custome, I think Koto would give SS a huge competition, wonder why Koto never make 1:4...

License rights. Sideshow has an agreement of exclusivity for 1:4 scale figures with Marvel; Koto does not. Gentle Giant is going to produce some 1:4 pieces soon, but they are tied up with upcoming movies and their licenses.

All three of those Venoms are must haves. If you had to pick one, you really couldn't go wrong with any one you picked. Of course for the money, sculpt, detail, paint, quality, and the fact that you don't have to pay aftermarket prices for it yet...I'd choose the Koto. The other two are completely out of reach for me.

There's literally a ton of things you can view between all three toward a decision to pick the one you want. If you think about it, they each have their selling point advantages. For example, besides rarity and/or ES, the Koto Venom and the Bowen Venom on the right can both be displayed with Spiderman; however, if all three were still available right now at $200 each, then I'd choose the Bowen Venom in the middle. Then the Koto, then the Bowen on the right.

I just like the pose on the Venom in the middle. Not as detailed as the Koto, but his face, tongue, teeth, and eyes make up for it. For this Venom, I also don't like that you can't see his logo on his chest too well; however, that gigantic classic logo on his back is what makes up for this. Lastly, I love how cut and big he is and the fact that he's stalking and creeping on someone with that pose. Those hands, man. Love the base. Great stand-alone statue.

The Koto is a VERY, VERY close second for me. As a matter of fact, I have a feeling that if I owned both the Koto and the Bowen in the middle, Koto's Venom would eventually grow on me more because of the detail alone. He's very angry and ready to grapple in this pose, and I love how Sosa incorporates the manifestation of the Symbiote in Venom's neck and shoulder area. Paint isn't glossy like Bowen's, but incredible nonetheless. Love the base. Also a great stand-alone statue.

Yeah, the Bowen on the right doesn't have his tongue sticking out everywhere; however, he also looks very cool because he's standing straight up, his hands are huge, and he's really just pissed off while about to take a swing like a screaming gorilla. I honestly think this Venom looks better as a stand-alone statue without Spiderman. I think the paint on this one is better than the Venom in the middle. Love the base on this one too.

Like I said...a ton of decisions between these three to try and make up one's mind. I love all three of 'em.

My buddy Victor Rosario, had a video comparison between the Koto and the Bowen Venoms. Check it out! There, you can see them side by side.

https://youtu.be/6mCDBhQ7AnQ
Nice comparison. Looking at it again, the Bowen isn't the clear winner for me anymore. Instead of making it easier to pick one, the YouTube video made it more difficult :lol

Apparantly Spidey isn't the only hot commodity. The Avengers Reborn Thor is going for mad coin right now as well. One just sold for $420 and it had glued back on repairs. :gah:

My buddy Victor Rosario, had a video comparison between the Koto and the Bowen Venoms. Check it out! There, you can see them side by side.

https://youtu.be/6mCDBhQ7AnQ

A very nice comparison video by Victor. I gotta go with the Koto statue personally. I'm just in love with its size and sculpt. Some of the muscles and bone structure that Erick used give it a foreign/alien feel. The affordable price was also a great mention by Victor. The Bowen in the middle is amazing also. While the Koto piece is ready to rumble, that Bowen is peering down and stalking.

A very nice comparison video by Victor. I gotta go with the Koto statue personally. I'm just in love with its size and sculpt. Some of the muscles and bone structure that Erick used give it a foreign/alien feel. The affordable price was also a great mention by Victor. The Bowen in the middle is amazing also. While the Koto piece is ready to rumble, that Bowen is peering down and stalking.

It is really hard to choose between those two. They are the best in the 1/4 scale if you ask me (The comiquette is still the best of all). Although I like the staking pose of the Bowen, I prefer the stance of the Koto. Plus the fact that it has the McFarlane/Larsen/Bagley vibe written all over and Sosa (my favorite artist) sculpted it. :)

I swear I'm jinxed. Had my Spidey on ebay twice and I've had two buyers in a row ask to back out of the transaction. The first guy I should have nailed with an unpaid item since I didn't buy his excuse at all. Sucks that ebay isn't harder on these guys than they are.

Sorry about the venting. Back on topic....great statue, one of my favorites...wish I wasn't needing to sell him. Anyone picking this one up will be very happy.

I swear I'm jinxed. Had my Spidey on ebay twice and I've had two buyers in a row ask to back out of the transaction. The first guy I should have nailed with an unpaid item since I didn't buy his excuse at all. Sucks that ebay isn't harder on these guys than they are.

Sorry about the venting. Back on topic....great statue, one of my favorites...wish I wasn't needing to sell him. Anyone picking this one up will be very happy.

No board members looking to pick this one up? I'm sure you'd find a buyer if you listed it here...it's a pretty highly regarded piece.

Back