Kotobukiya "Joker: The Killing Joke" ARTFX Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love it. Great piece, nice size as well as good bargain. Can't ask for any thing more. If these two pieces were the only pieces representing Batman & Joker that one owns it's all good.

Checked all of that before. I only hear the shutter sound but there's no light. I'm thinking the wiring must be loose but don't know where to crack it open to check.

Checked all of that before. I only hear the shutter sound but there's no light. I'm thinking the wiring must be loose but don't know where to crack it open to check.

I had a similar experience during the review I was doing. I couldn't get the shutter sound to go off and my spotlight would go on and off (mostly off) for most of the time. I'm sure it's loose wiring but still, kind of a pain.

I posted the review over here for anyone that hasn't grabbed it yet.

joker-killing-joke-1-low.jpg

Very cool review!
I'm still debating getting it. On the one hand I have the PF and I don't like to double dip too much and on the other I love the Koto ArtFX stuff, it's iconic and it's pretty cheap... :panic:

Had/have the same problem. I just got mine today and it did nothing at first. Then I changed the batteries and suddenly he's lighting up like a madman (pun not intended... but accurate). However, I still have no sound.

Anyone crack this guy open yet? I'm not much of an electrician so I don't even know where to begin (other than the batteries, obviously).

Replying to my own question: Changing the batteries did the trick. Nice for Koto to include batteries. Too bad they must have been packaged in 1978.

Otherwise, I'll keep the rallying cry going. This is an EXCELLENT statue, and if anyone complains about the circus cherub (forgot their names), he's completely removeable. Heck, even if it didn't have the motion sensor, a price point of $100 or cheaper is well worth it.

I keep meaning to buy this, as I'm a huge Bolland fan, and a Joker collector, but for some reason it's just one of those pieces that I never seem to get around to picking up...

I keep meaning to buy this, as I'm a huge Bolland fan, and a Joker collector, but for some reason it's just one of those pieces that I never seem to get around to picking up...

For the price you absolutely cannot go wrong. If this was a L/E piece, it would go for much higher already

Back