Kotobukiya DC Bishoujo Statues (Wonder Girl, pg 34)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They announced a new HQ exclusive for NYCC, I think I like it more than the original. She will come with the mallet from the original also as a switch out part.

sdcc2016-kotobukiya-127.jpg

The original was also on display
sdcc2016-kotobukiya-19-noscale.jpg

No new announcements from DC at the event...

Just got the Bishoujo Harley Quinn today. Have to say I'm pretty disappointed in how the final production facial paint app turned out, specifically around the eyes!

As seen in the concept art, and also in the prototype on display in promotional photos and at conventions, both eyes are meant to have pretty distinct red and blue shadowing around them. But the final production statue barely has any red around the right eye, and the blue around the left eye seems all washed out.

Here's what the prototype on display at conventions looked like. The red and blue shadowing around the eyes is just so much better and defined!

01.jpg

02.jpg

I got mine the other day amd love it. I think it is leaps and bounds better than fhe original Harley. The pose is dynamic and she is very colorful. Hope we get more V2 characters in the future since I missed out on Wonder Woman, Catwoman and Poison Ivy.

I haven't seen many comparison shots with the parts swapped so I took some myself this morning (It is very rare I take pictures and post them lol).

I actually prefer them flipped. The blue/red really pops with the black eye liner and looks much more accurate to the New 52 comic when she was in that costume.

I understand now why they went very soft on the eye makeup now. The blue does not look very blue at all in person so it blends in better with the Black/Red version.

DSCN8354.jpg

DSCN8361.jpg

DSCN8356.jpg

More accurate original New 52 look

DSCN8380.jpg

DSCN8382.jpg

Photo of the head separated. I haven't seen any photos of this anywhere. Pixel Dan's video showed the head swapping but I don't think he realized the heads came apart too.

DSCN8385.jpg

Last edited:
Only Missing one Kotobukiya Bishoujo in the collection....take a while guess..

Back