Kotobukiya Avengers Reborn Captain America Sneak

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great except for the belt with the pouches. Reminds me of Ultimate Cap too much.

Cap was wearing the pouches even before his assassination in the books. These statues are meant to jive with the current story arcs, not the classic look that we see (and love) with the Sideshow PFs.

Isn't Thor a $300 item? :confused: I can't remember. At any rate, amazing pieces. .

That's the problem I can't justify paying $300 for such a small piece compared to SS's com's and PF's... Sad monkeys and that's why I have no Bowen pieces. I might start collecting the Faux Bronze Marvel though :naughty

Cap was wearing the pouches even before his assassination in the books. These statues are meant to jive with the current story arcs, not the classic look that we see (and love) with the Sideshow PFs.

Isn't Thor a $300 item? :confused: I can't remember. At any rate, amazing pieces. .

They PF's don't all have classic looks...see mystique PF for a perfect example. She would have rocked with the white dress.

These Koto statues look good though!

I think Cap is looking good and he is even looking better with the helmet on, instead of his original "Hat".
I am so buying the three avengers and I hope the Iron Man will also look good like Thor and Cap.

Anybody know why there are two different hats (helmets) for Captain America ?

I think Cap is looking good and he is even looking better with the helmet on, instead of his original "Hat".
I am so buying the three avengers and I hope the Iron Man will also look good like Thor and Cap.

Anybody know why there are two different hats (helmets) for Captain America ?

You mean the old school Cap from the war days and then he gets frozen in a block of ice until the Avengers find him again to create a more modern Cap hat? :confused:

You mean the old school Cap from the war days and then he gets frozen in a block of ice until the Avengers find him again to create a more modern Cap hat? :confused:

I mean not the original helmet with the "wings", I mean the helmet, which looks like a military hat.
The second looks much cooler.
And I don´t know why there are two different ones?
Does this mean Kotobukiya is releasing two different Captain Americas ?

I mean not the original helmet with the "wings", I mean the helmet, which looks like a military hat.
The second looks much cooler.
And I don´t know why there are two different ones?
Does this mean Kotobukiya is releasing two different Captain Americas ?

I would say yes or maybe they are just sticking the old world war Captain and not doing a modern.

Captain America was actually revised, here are the updated photos

it's up for order at KotoUS.com site. MSRP for both Thor and Cap are $200

rsCapmodern.jpg

rsCapclassic.jpg

Read in diamond previews one cap with switchable alternate head !! IMHO They have yet to prove themselves !! the ironman movie version had a cool stance but the maroon armour was way off !! also the resin material was CHEAP !! there was one on display at LCS and it was literally melted from the lights in the showcase !! I had one but couldnt live with the plasticness of it or the crappy paint color !! !Very interested in the thor but dont want to spend 200 on plastic !! and the cap looks way better with the sculpted improvements !! time will tell if they put more quality into their choice of casting materials

These look F'ing bad hasss!, i will probally pick up Cap from my LCS.

Read in diamond previews one cap with switchable alternate head !! IMHO They have yet to prove themselves !! the ironman movie version had a cool stance but the maroon armour was way off !! also the resin material was CHEAP !! there was one on display at LCS and it was literally melted from the lights in the showcase !! I had one but couldnt live with the plasticness of it or the crappy paint color !! !Very interested in the thor but dont want to spend 200 on plastic !! and the cap looks way better with the sculpted improvements !! time will tell if they put more quality into their choice of casting materials

Things are changing for Kotobukiya since Erick Sosa and I have joined them, as you can see with the revised Cap's heads. And yes, this is a Change-O-head. Hopefully you will see our improvement. I will look into the material issue also.

Here is the first piece we did for Koto. This one was vinyl.
Soap-Statue-MW2.jpg

Man, I really love the pose, but $200 for a vinyl statue? That seems like way too much. O_O

Back