kotobukiya ARTFX IronMan mark IV statue in hand pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's nice, but it begins to lean after a month or so. I have to prop mine up with a pencil eraser head to keep it erect.

That is not too bad and the light up base looks great (forgot about that). Capstone Comics just put this one on sale and I am mighty tempted since is appears that the SS IM is not going to make in to my collection. My son is a big IM fan so I want to have another representation of him other then the 1:1 bust.

Amazon has these for 70 bucks right now so I had to grab one. Mine should be here by end of week. I'll let you know if I have leaning or dim LED problems.

How is the leaning occurring? Is it the feet bending, pegs becoming loose, or just overall vinyl deformation in the legs?

Amazon has these for 70 bucks right now so I had to grab one. Mine should be here by end of week. I'll let you know if I have leaning or dim LED problems.

How is the leaning occurring? Is it the feet bending, pegs becoming loose, or just overall vinyl deformation in the legs?

A combination of the feet and legs bending/deforming (mostly the knee/calf region)... Pegs are at the base (these are ABS plastic).

Has there been any word from Koto on the leaning issue?

Actually I was referring to how water-tight the legs might be. I'm thinking of drilling a small hole in the plug that goes to the upper torso, then filling the legs with plaster or water clay. I may also fill the upper body (especially the arms) with a light material such as Styrofoam beads or cut up packing peanuts to help them hold shape over the long run.

Just a follow up, I've had this piece on display since early August and have had no problems with the legs warping. Amazon still has this piece listed at $69.99. A very good price and a good looking PVC statue.

I have one kotobukiya iron man mark4 for a month or so and still haven't noticed any leaning problems.

I like Kotobukiya, I've got a few of there pieces ,there Boba Fett Statue from there Bounty Hunter line was what really surprised me with how well made he was cause there prices are very reasonable. Sadly there in my loft now cause I've decided to just collect 1/6 so he doesn't really match into my collection anymore.

Back