kotobukiya ARTFX IronMan mark IV statue in hand pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you'll have to be quick to get one because it's limited to only 12000 pieces wordwide :rotfl

Looks cool. Kind of kicked around getting this as I like the look (of course) and pose especially. Do kind of wish the SS piece went with this pose. I'll hold off with so many IM pieces coming from HT and the SS piece.

Koto's Mk.4... just a smidge shorter than HT Mk,3... could very well pass off as 1/6...

HT's Mk.3 ver.1 with Koto's Mk.4

mk3mk4.jpg

mk3mk4a.jpg

I sold my hot toys mark II and I'M buying koto mark IV. hell yeah :D

I sold my hot toys mark II and I'M buying koto mark IV. hell yeah :D

Comments on Koto's Mk.4:
1. Lack armour details
2. Some inaccuracies
3. Paint could have been better, rather dull. Painting on the new HT BD Mk.3 is miles ahead.
4. Surface is rather rough, seen better casting on PVC that retains smooth surface and sharp angles.
5. Base is larger than what the arc reactor at 1:1 would be.

Really like the look of this--I like the light up base. Thinking strongly about getting this one. It'd be my first Iron Man piece.

Comments on Koto's Mk.4:
1. Lack armour details
2. Some inaccuracies
3. Paint could have been better, rather dull. Painting on the new HT BD Mk.3 is miles ahead.
4. Surface is rather rough, seen better casting on PVC that retains smooth surface and sharp angles.
5. Base is larger than what the arc reactor at 1:1 would be.

I did it. I know all the lacks but my first issue was the scale. There's not a big difference on it. Mark III ironman has a bad issue on his abdominal's place; the color fading as you know. And ı didn't want to buy BD. So for HT Mark IV is far away. I did that choice; hope I won't be upset. Thanks

this is my first IRON MAN piece,too.
and thinking about get a Hasbro 12inch MK4 ……

man Koto needs to step up their game....Their Iron Man statue aint that bad, but just saw their Venom and it looks good but the execution is ridiculous, they glued some piece of his mouth together(they didnt sculpt it in one piece).Looks ridiculous.

That Iron Man aint bad.

Well; I just received one of them. I opened the box to check the figure. My first impressions:

1) To be honest, not the best Ironman product. But hey; good one. Worth to buy.

2) Paint job isn't excellent but satisfying. Some details of the armor has been forgotten. Paint is a little high from average.

3) Sculpting is very satisfying. Scales of the body parts are very very good.

4) The base is excellent. Good job koto.

Well; total point is 7/10. The worst part is paint job. There's too many lacks but may be fixed.

I sold my HT Ironman Mark III to buy this one. I'm not regretful in adverse I'm happy though. I've sold my HT Ironman Mark III (without Stark head; I've already sold it) for $205 (includes shipping) and I bought this one for $170 (includes shipping also). I've sold the Stark head for $50 and now I have a $80 profit. SO it's sufficent to me for leaving the paint job lacks behind. I didn't like the new HT Ironman Mark IV figure because of the thin body and I have some doubts about it because of the color fading problem on pelvis and on belly of HT Mark III.

Trivia: The base Koto use for Mk.4 is the Arc Reactor with the replaceable palladium core (8 segmentations), powered Mk.4 and 5 in the movie.

Mk.2/WarMachine ran on the Arc Reactor with 10 segmentations (same with the first Reactor that powered Mk.1 and later depleted, and the 2nd Reactor as well).

Very nice, the light up function and especially the light up arc reactor base combined with the great choice of pose makes this one stand out.

I made a little painting modification and voila, now it looks better and better.

Hmmm...I have been looking at this koto statue as a possible buy. I think the detail on the HT version is far superior but I hate the poseability on hot toys items. Statues are more solid which i really like. And this statue is like half the price right? Can anyone who owns both discuss whether one is better than the other considering price as well?

Back