Kotobukiya 1/10 Super Powers figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like 'em too. They capture that '80s comic style but are more "realistic" than the original Super Powers line.

On the downside, while they appear articulated, they're not. That's just a nod to the original figures.

DC-Super-Powers-Batman-ARTFX-Statue-001.jpg

DC-Comics-Robin-Super-Powers-ARTFX-Statue-001.jpg

DC-Super-Powers-Superman-ARTFX-Statue-001.jpg

DC-Super-Powers-Flash-ARTFX-Statue-001.jpg

DC-Super-Powers-Green-Lantern-ARTFX-Statue-001.jpg

My issue is--they don't even seem much more realistic than the originals to me. They just look. . .slightly different. In that sense they actually remind me a bit of the Burger King Super Powers cup holders. Maybe very slightly more realistic. But it's hard for me to figure out the intention behind them. If they lacked the cosmetic joint cuts, I think I would like them better. If they keep the cuts, then either make them much more realistic, or slavishly copy the originals IMO, so that you can either have slightly larger versions of the toys kinda, or get an impression for what a truly different toy line sharing some similarities with these figures would look like.

The overall style reminds me of the DCD figures, so based on the Super Powers looks but not trying to emulate the original toy line. But in this case they seem to be trying to harken to the original toy line and in that case the fail. And having fake joints is a real head scratcher to me :huh

Weird....I actually quite like them. It's a cheap way to have an approximation of the original figures on your shelf without breaking the bank. If you want a double sized original figure, Gentle Giant is doing that for a hell of a lot more money. I definitely see the influence of the original figures. I recognized these as Super Powers inspired sculpts immediately.

Congrats!

I'm really liking the look of these; not as primitive or toylike as the original Super Powers. They take me back to when I got back into comics in '88-'89, not long before Burton's Batman came out.

Congrats!

I'm really liking the look of these; not as primitive or toylike as the original Super Powers. They take me back to when I got back into comics in '88-'89, not long before Burton's Batman came out.
Def a nostalgia factor there for me, especially the boxes
This is a nice fig for $30, might be getting the whole set of em

Back