Koto Ralph McQuarrie concept piece

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy smoke! Didn't see this one coming...Koto really surprises with that iconic McQuarrie scene; glad to see them upping the ante and overcoming some of my earlier reservations about them...:monkey5 :cool:

I have several Kotos and I love them. I will be on board for this McQuarrie concept as well. I especially love the colors used on this piece.

Since it's a career retrospective, I wonder how many of the 400 pages will be devoted to non-Star Wars work.

I think i HAVE to get the book i love his art.I want to preorder this koto in a bad way.

Batty said:
It says that 130 pages are devoted to Star Wars.

Ah, I guess I should learn to read the whole article before posting. :monkey4

I don't know if I'll get it since most of that is probably already in the "Art of..." books that came out with each movie.

I agree with some of the previous posts. It would have been nice to see this version of Vader in ROTS.

I can just see it now...one of our many talented board members will cut this up make a custom Vader from it. I can't wait!

On a side note...Isn't it amazing how much stuff can be produced from the Star Wars universe?? Lucas is riding the mother of all cash cows and gravy trains!!

Darthrazz said:
On a side note...Isn't it amazing how much stuff can be produced from the Star Wars universe?? Lucas is riding the mother of all cash cows and gravy trains!!

Well he knew how to do it......GET THE NERDS!

I really am pumped for this, it'll be my first Koto!

IrishJedi said:
Seriously, this is one of the most incredible SW pieces I have ever seen. I can't wait for it.

I have to agree, It's so unique. I can see myself getting this. Even the designs that were not used in the films are amazing. Interesting enough. Some of the unused designs from the OT actually showed up in the PT. The ship from the opening scene of the Phantom Menace was a unused concept from the original trilogy.

Protozaius said:
I think it's too early in the Sideshow line to see something off center like a McQuarrie concept figure... there is just too many figures left to do before them. Where as Koto has amassed quite a numerous collection of Star Wars items. :monkey4 :monkey4 :monkey4

But you can always hope. As will I. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

I don't know about that. I don't anyone would have predicted getting Asajj Ventress, Jabba the Hutt, Bubo, Kit Fisto or Plo Koon PreOrdered before any ANH characters or Darth Vader or Palpatine.

SST definitely likes to keep their collectors guessing with this line and I expect that a McQuarrie Concept of some kind isn't out of the realm of possibilities because it'd be a quick seller not to mention it scream Con Exclusive. The real question is if anyone at SSC thought about this before this year as the folks at Koto obviously have....

Back