Koto Ralph McQuarrie concept piece

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pixletwin said:
Isn't that Deke Starkiller? :monkey5

Yes, that's Deke!

devlinboy, that is an early concept look of Luke's (Deke) fight with Vader before the script was finalized. The fight got moved to ESB, Deke became Luke, and the breathing apparatus wasn't required anymore because the hull breach was deleted from the script.

lcummins said:
Yes, that's Deke!

devlinboy, that is an early concept look of Luke's (Deke) fight with Vader before the script was finalized. The fight got moved to ESB, Deke became Luke, and the breathing apparatus wasn't required anymore because the hull breach was deleted from the script.

oh cool...im glad they changed the name lol. i saw some f this guys work before i think it was an endor scene maybe its awesome. he was the head artist designer right?

off topic sort of...is a new sw battlefronts coming out soon?

You seem to be out of the loop.

Ralph MacQuarrie was the artist that sort of made Star Wars happen. While George Lucas was writing the scripts and trying to get studio support he got Ralph to do some concept drawings to influence the studio, and so most of the Star Wars designs come from Ralph MacQuarrie.

And Star Wars Battlefront 3 won't be out for at least another year, perhaps 2009.

darthviper107 said:

Ralph MacQuarrie was the artist that sort of made Star Wars happen. While George Lucas was writing the scripts and trying to get studio support he got Ralph to do some concept drawings to influence the studio, and so most of the Star Wars designs come from Ralph MacQuarrie.

And Star Wars Battlefront 3 won't be out for at least another year, perhaps 2009.

yeah i am out f the loop lol.
i remember seeing somoething about all this on a special feature dvd or smoething. im more of a marvel /dc/lotr fan myself. but i always liked star wars from when i was a kid. the character design was just awesome.

darthviper107 said:

McQuarrie's influence on the saga can never been overstated.

I remember reading that Vader was originally only going to use this mask during that hull breach scene. Not only did the mask serve the practical purpose as a breathing apparatus, it was to instantly instill fear to the crew he boarded. But Lucas loved the design so much that he tweaked story to accommodate it.

This image is one that truly changed the course of the entire saga. Profoundly iconic. :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

Last edited:
Cool, but I would love a Koto McQuarrie Trooper!!!

and a Tie Fighter Trooper

and a At-At driver

and a ........

MORE TROOPERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fubeca said:
Cool, but I would love a Koto McQuarrie Trooper!!!

and a Tie Fighter Trooper

and a At-At driver

and a ........

MORE TROOPERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A Koto McQuarrie trooper with shield and lightsaber would be completely INSANE! :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

I saw this yesterday and although I don't have much interest in Star Wars statues, this looks amazing! I would flip out if Sideshow made them in 1:6 scale.
I actually like these concepts a bit more then what we saw in the movies.
How expensive will this set be?

I'm assuming probably around the pricing of R2 and Threepio. I definitely am looking forward to this and am hoping that somewhere in the 30th Anniversary Celebration we'll see at least one McQuarrie Concept 1/6 figure from Sideshow...

Jedi_Mike said:
I'm assuming probably around the pricing of R2 and Threepio. I definitely am looking forward to this and am hoping that somewhere in the 30th Anniversary Celebration we'll see at least one McQuarrie Concept 1/6 figure from Sideshow...

I think it's too early in the Sideshow line to see something off center like a McQuarrie concept figure... there is just too many figures left to do before them. Where as Koto has amassed quite a numerous collection of Star Wars items. :monkey4 :monkey4 :monkey4

But you can always hope. As will I. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Last edited:
:drool :drool I have no Kotos. This may be my first. Man, this looks good. So begins the onslaught for this year. I'm in trouble.

I don't collect statues, otherwise I will jump on these. They look really nice. I am hoping some day concept Vader and stormtrooper can be made as 1/6th action figures.

Protozaius said:
A Koto McQuarrie trooper with shield and lightsaber would be completely INSANE! :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Yes it would!

Hope%2017.jpg

This piece brings back some good memories. I've got the original issue of "The Art of Star Wars" and that painting was always one of my favorites.

Back