Ko Jun's own wolverine (Hot Toys Sculptor)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
while yulli did some less than stellar works, she's also done some truly eye-popping sculpts like, say... the BR joker, to have earned our devotion. i looked through kojun's past works(depp, deniro, pacino, etc.) and there's nothing close to the caliber of BR joker.

now though... post aldo raines, i'd totally get it if people start praising him to high heaven. his aldo is beautiful, it's worthy to occupy the same display space with BR joker. but pre aldo, i really dont get what the hype was all about. so far, yulli still has better batting average.

That's like what, one sculpt? :lol Botched likenesses and Ledgerworship aside, both produce phenomenal art that obviously command's HT's prices regardless of how off the sculpts are. Personally, I'd say their playing field is level.

Kojun did John Connor as well, probally the best 1/6th figure released last year IMO.

His Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark sculpt is quite nice too. I own the John Connor and Wolverine and Goemon and those are quite nice, though Goemon is the only one that I could really say has a uncanny likeness to the actor it's based on.

So, yeah I like Kojun's work quite a bit, but not any more or less than Yulli's, which is well repped on my shelf. I love her Jack Sparrow and Joker sculpts. It's not really fair judging either on the same level because Yulli's work has been in the public eye a lot longer so we've seen her ups and downs much more than Kojun's.

Actually, the HT sculpt I'm most impressed with comes from neither sculptor. The Godfather sculpt was from Kang In Ae.

That's like what, one sculpt? :lol
that's 1 example. cannibal jack sparrow would be 2. t-800 arnold would be 3. i'm sure there's more. the hype for kojun had started here way even before he's done anything close to that level. that's my point.

Kojun did John Connor as well, probally the best 1/6th figure released last year IMO.
one of the best figures i own, but not one of the better likeness IMO.

while yulli did some less than stellar works, she's also done some truly eye-popping sculpts like, say... the BR joker, to have earned our devotion. i looked through kojun's past works(depp, deniro, pacino, etc.) and there's nothing close to the caliber of BR joker.

now though... post aldo raines, i'd totally get it if people start praising him to high heaven. his aldo is beautiful, it's worthy to occupy the same display space with BR joker. but pre aldo, i really dont get what the hype was all about. so far, yulli still has better batting average.

BR joker sucks IMO. Even the DX isnt 100% spot on, like lmarsqd's joker sculpt.

I think her best work to date would be kamui gaiden.

I am not digging THAT battle damaged Wolverine :huh The craftsmanship is solid but with that sculpt / expression, I prefer the clean look.

that's 1 example. cannibal jack sparrow would be 2. t-800 arnold would be 3. i'm sure there's more. the hype for kojun had started here way even before he's done anything close to that level. that's my point.

I'll give ya the Jack Sparrow, but it's really not saying much given that most companies who've produced work from the flick have captured Johnny's likeness relatively easy. As for the T-800, Arnold is still off a bit. She's not elongating his face between the eyes and the bottom of the nose like she should to truly nail the likeness.

Back