King Leonidas Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's always painful to see a collectible smashed up like that. :monkey2 Hope you get a mint replacement man.

Dude it really pained me to do it...I walked round for 15 minutes trying to get myself to go through with it. In the end I couldnt, so my girlfriend did it for me while I watched in horror :horror

Chris

Aww man that hurts
What happened to it?

Their was gold paint on his shoulder...so SS is replacing just the body. Im keeping the heads, sheild, spear and base. Its to bad because everything else with the body was perfect! But that gold mitalic paint is really reflective and was the first thing that hit me every time I looked at it. So hopefully the replacment is flawless.

Chris

Dude it really pained me to do it...I walked round for 15 minutes trying to get myself to go through with it. In the end I couldnt, so my girlfriend did it for me while I watched in horror :horror

Chris
I bet she enjoyed that. :lol That was great of SS to replace just the body for you.

What would be a nightmare is if SS came to me after I destroyed it and said..."oops, our mistake we actually DONT have a replacment of this piece".

Man would I lose it...

Chris

Their was gold paint on his shoulder...so SS is replacing just the body. Im keeping the heads, sheild, spear and base. Its to bad because everything else with the body was perfect! But that gold mitalic paint is really reflective and was the first thing that hit me every time I looked at it. So hopefully the replacment is flawless.

Chris

I was trying to look at the destructed pieces to find the GOLD flake you were mentioning.... Was it THAT noticeable?? Either way, settle for nothing less than PERFECTION. You're paying top dollar for these, and you should get what you pay for it :)

Either way, SS is pretty good about replacements. And this piece is DEF worth the wait :cool:

DSC_0032.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

DSC_00012.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

All and All i like the non helmet version better. It fits the stance more and i think that is why sideshow did it. The statue is very light!

Robotcollector
hul.jpg

Chris

im in the process of trying to get just a replacement body also as mine has 2 white dots on his front right thigh where the paint wasnt applied, some kind of paint flaw.
Im still waiting for thier reply, just out of curiosity, did sideshow ask you to smash the body on purpose or something?

thanks kratos. There actually was an issue with mine. The cape is pre sewn on the shoulder and for some odd reason mine was sewn too much to the left. The clip that holds the cape together was at the middle. I just tore it off and moved it. Also, from observing other statues on this thread it looks like some statues have darker nipples. Not mine thankfullly! Here is another pic behind the glass.

DSC_0009.jpg

Back